I met :

Fedor twice.
Big Nog
Ninja
Kongo
Wanderlei twice
Aldo twice
Miesha
Shogun three times, also trained with, he chocked me for a démonstration from clinch, crazy power.
Machida

awesome!

Met lots, lost count now.

All of them extremely cool....except one.

Hint: He just came out of a coma.

UFC fighter or ex UFC fighters

When I was 16-17 I took boxing lessons at Team Curran. Jeff Currans academy.
And TBH he was a really cool dude and incredibly knowledegable.
My trainers name was Doug Mango. He was a good dude also and a chiropractor as well.
He still trains many Team Curran fighters including Felice Herrig.

Funny story. I was about 5 foot 11 135 lbs soaking wet. I was wearing shorts too big for me
and sparring with an opponent much better than me. Though I dont think he was even trying.
Anyways as I was covering up in the corner and my shorts started to fall off and Jeff Curran
saved my shorts from falling off and embarrassing myself. He proceeded to tie them
and I proceeded to lose the sparring match. Also, an amateur female boxer lit me up in sparring lol

End story.

Who have you trained with and who have you met?
you lost to an amateur female boxer in sparring and told sherdog about it? lol that's way more embarrassing then your shorts falling off exposing your cup man.

I had Badr Hari rocked in a fight at Chuck E. Cheese, but his friends stepped in before I finished the job.

I've met:

Tito Ortiz (cool as fuck and really appreciates his fans)
Allistar Overeem (was massive on some horsemeat at the time)

Overeem_zpsdlfvaapm.jpg

Sean Sherk
Dan Hardy

Trained with Andres Dida

Met Frank Fertita while I was a trainer at a gym and chatted with him for 15 minutes. This was for UFC 129 in Toronto at the Skydome. Is very passionate about the UFC and we talked about the sport. The guy is a beast in the weight room

Last edited:
Trained with Devin Clark and Shayna baszler. Met Robbie Lawler, Brock leaner, Chris weidman, Rich Franklin, Daniel Safarian, Glover Rex, Machida, and my favorite fighter Anderson Silva..... acted a fool there. He was outside the bar I was in so I snuck up to the table by the door. He came through and looked at me like I was a stalker lol..... awkward.

Met GSP a bunch of times (like over 10), met Rory a few times and all the other UFC/bellator canadian fighters.

Closest I've ever come was rolling with a guy named Bobby Williams, who trains under Ricardo Almeida and Renzo Gracie.

Met Clint Hester and Kelvin Gastellum at UFC 201.

Emailed back and forth with Tim Kennedy a few times.

Met Ariel Helwani. He was on his way to report on UFC 201 and was running. I told my bro and pointed to him and said “that’s Ariel helwani” blah blah and he actually stopped to say hi and shake hands, which I thought was fucking cool seeing as to how he was in a hurry.

Met Brock when he trained in Louisville Pre-WWE days at Ohio Valley Wrestling. He was really cool. Saw him at a Perkins or something and he didn’t seem to be bothered that we were talking to him while he was eating. He had just won the NCAA title recently and as a wrestler we knew who he was.

Babysat Batista’s kids for years lol if that counts. He’s 1-0 :)

Did some work with Nick Ring at BDB, nice guy and attentive instructor.

I went into team alpha male gym as soon as they posted that gay ass picture online and wiped them out, they were hanging off my arms and kicking my ankles, i had to swat them like flies.

Met: Don Frye, Ricco Rodriquez, Jens Pulver, Marc Coleman, Kevin Randleman, Josh Barnett, Elvis Sinosic, Tito Ortiz, Chuck Liddell, Pedro Rizzo, Bobby Hoffman, Frank Shamrock (DICK), Phil Baroni, Pat Miletich, Semmy Schilt, Matt Serra, Tank Abbott, Matt Hughes, Forrest Griffin, Big John, Jeff Blatnick.

Trained a bit with Ray Longo and Royler/Renzo Gracie.

I trained with lando vannatta and his bro for a few years in florida. Hes just like he is now and his brother is awesome.

I met paul harris at Adcc 2011, he then proceeded down to the mat and snapped someones knee right in front of me

Allow meeting that dude lol

Met a couple of UFC fighters, nothing memorable. Met Roberto Duran; he understands English well but doesn't like to speak it because it isn't his native language, and he realizes that people sound less intelligent when speaking a second language. Met Hector Camacho in the lobby of an IHOP in Orlando before the Ray Leonard fight. He was very friendly; it probably helped that I wanted him to win.

Have trained with Wonderboy, Guy Mezger, Sean Spencer, Edwin Figueroa, some other lesser known fighters

Have met Jason Miller, Ken Shamrock

Back