Ufc fighters not A level athletes

There is a rumour that Sylvia and Mercer had a gentlemen's agreement to only box in their fight since they tried to have a boxing match but the athletic commission refused to sanction.
I believe Mercer was the one that said they agreed to not throw kicks in an interview. You could see Ray's frustration when Tim throws a kick right away.

As someone who has been training boxing since he was 16 and mma since 20 (I'm 27) I can say MMA fighters are just as athletic as boxers. You take a top level MMA fighter and a Top level boxer and both are amazing elite athletes. Honestly on average I'd argue there about equal depends on the person. MMA has alot of fighters who have been wrestling since they were 6 and are amazingly athletic.

It's just the hipster boxing fans (really just contrarians who diss MMA to troll) who come to an MMA forum who have never trained a day in there life who will go on claiming MMA fighters are low level athletes etc.

Lol @ fools here pretending that defending a takedown from an average UFC wrestleboxer is some rocket science that takes decades of training. Give these boxers a year or two and a lot of them will surprise you.

I mean there are some pretty great wrestlers but making it sound like every MMA journeyman will be able to dump a championship caliber boxer with a lifetime of athletic training on his head is plain silly.

All your favourite little "A-level" athlete Football, Soccer, Baseball, Hockey, etc, players would gas in the first f'n round if they were fighters. You have no idea what it takes to be a fighter and what they put themselves through in training alone at the highest level of MMA. Shut your f'n mouth, idiot.

Back