Ufc fighters not A level athletes

Why would someone already successfull in one sport would go to another where he risks everything he already has??. I'm sure GGG does fine and doesn't need the "UFC money", there is plenty of money in boxing for the big names like him, why would he leave and for what???. Mcgregor did it because it was a huge payday for him, that is the only way I see something like that happening.
I don't bash UFC fighters but your point about GGG makes no sense. Why doesn't he go to UFC?, the same reason Bolt didn't want to go to the NFL as a WR, he didn't want to take unnecessary hits in a sport that is not his, plus he didn't need the money

Why would GGG take a step down and join the UFC?

WHAT THE FUCK IS AN A LEVEL ATHLETE

I agree, they are not A level athlete because the filtering process is fucking bullshit and by that I mean non existent...

In football, Basketball and Hockey, you have kids start from middle school with emphasis on physical training, which means you go through years of plyometric training as well as other types of agility and self resistance as well as strength and speed training.

In MMA, people start late in life and that, they don't take the time to truly immerse themselves in physical training methods. Thus they don't get to develop jumping and explosive ability of a person who has practiced plyometric. Not just any person but a person who has already proved themselves to be superior in terms of talent and genetics with years of training.

Also true with boxing, boxers focus on athletic ability and they go through a structured physical regimen to develop their pinnacle of their physical potential as oppose to MMAs...Let me bang bro!

P.S: I used to train in boxing and muay thai, had to drop the latter because getting kicked in the shin was fucking up my ability to do my boxing footwork and plyometrics big time and thus, some combat sports end up making you goddamn disabled if the trainer doesnt understand athletic training and the world of physical culture.

Hence this is why its important to train like Stephen Thompson whos father taught him a kickboxing style that's based on developing proper flexibility and technique as oppose to being some stand up brawler.

That's the main reason why wrestling is the best base. They are the only fighters coming in from an early age with that type of training.

Well maybe 2nd toughest since their exercise punishment was to go run...Cross country kids are far tougher and mentally fit.
wrestlers actually have to deal with another person physhically runners just compare times the two are not even remotley comprable.

Put Khabib in the cage with Floyd and you tell me who the A-Level Athlete is.

GGG got a guaranteed $3 mill and a PPV cut, other than Conor no one gets close to that so why would he, or any other boxer take a pay cut?
GGG doesn't do all the out of the ring/cage stuff that seems to work for Conor, he just fights.

The real question is why don't more shitty actors try MMA or maybe Joe Rogan has missed his real calling. A stand up comedian (they're probably need to be funny so that rules Rogan out I guess) would be great at pre fight stuff. People piss them selves with Conors F level comedy routines and think it's awesome. So get more comedians doing MMA and leave the boxers to box.

WildElectricHorsefly-size_restricted.gif

yup... in an MMA fight this two weight world champ would last 1 round with conor with 4 oz gloves, elbows, knees, & kicks... LOL

boxing is a gay ass sport... why don't they just wear 4 oz gloves? what is the point of making it a contest of cardio and how well can you hide your head behind some big ass gloves?

look at holly holm... she has good take down defense but she has been out struck in her last 3/4 fights

I agree, they are not A level athlete because the filtering process is fucking bullshit and by that I mean non existent...

In football, Basketball and Hockey, you have kids start from middle school with emphasis on physical training, which means you go through years of plyometric training as well as other types of agility and self resistance as well as strength and speed training.

In MMA, people start late in life and that, they don't take the time to truly immerse themselves in physical training methods. Thus they don't get to develop jumping and explosive ability of a person who has practiced plyometric. Not just any person but a person who has already proved themselves to be superior in terms of talent and genetics with years of training.

Also true with boxing, boxers focus on athletic ability and they go through a structured physical regimen to develop their pinnacle of their physical potential as oppose to MMAs...Let me bang bro!

P.S: I used to train in boxing and muay thai, had to drop the latter because getting kicked in the shin was fucking up my ability to do my boxing footwork and plyometrics big time and thus, some combat sports end up making you goddamn disabled if the trainer doesnt understand athletic training and the world of physical culture.

Hence this is why its important to train like Stephen Thompson whos father taught him a kickboxing style that's based on developing proper flexibility and technique as oppose to being some stand up brawler.

But when guys who have been training their whole lives, like Wonderboy or Sage Northcutt, loose whats the excuse then? Its not athleticism, just look at Sage. Hes been a muscle monster from infancy and his dad has strictly controlled his training, diet & supplements since birth. You could not raise a kid more specifically for martial arts than hes been raised. So when sage lost no one questioned his athletic ability, it was his skill that was called into question.
Basically theres alot more to martial arts than having incredible physical traits, its about skill. And for every hour youre rolling to get better at BJJ or shadowboxing to improve boxing, those arent hours you can work on just your athletic abilities.

That is true, but the thing is, in totality, there are lots of goofy ass MMA fighter who do it for the sake of being a daredevil as oppose to being disciplined athletes who have the ability and persistence of sticking to a physical regiment for long term and seeing themselves become successful.

That's simply part of the weeding out process. Your experience training isn't reflective of the work the high level fighters put in.

GGG got a guaranteed $3 mill and a PPV cut, other than Conor no one gets close to that so why would he, or any other boxer take a pay cut?
GGG doesn't do all the out of the ring/cage stuff that seems to work for Conor, he just fights.

The real question is why don't more shitty actors try MMA or maybe Joe Rogan has missed his real calling. A stand up comedian (they're probably need to be funny so that rules Rogan out I guess) would be great at pre fight stuff. People piss them selves with Conors F level comedy routines and think it's awesome. So get more comedians doing MMA and leave the boxers to box.
You act as if boxers don't also get paid based on their ability to draw and their ability to draw is in part a function of their personality. Just like mma.

That's the main reason why wrestling is the best base. They are the only fighters coming in from an early age with that type of training.

That's true as well as the talent pool in wrestling is very respectable. Also, when it comes to stand up, if you are not taking the proper time to develop the skills, then its going to be very damaging to the human body. Lots of old school MMA fighters had a hard time getting up in the morning because of the brutal sparring sessions.

I have trained at great and crappy boxing gyms and what the great ones have a tendency to nurture their boxers. Allow them to develop their athletic ability and ease them to sparring by starting with jab sparring and then straight punches and so on...

Somehow I knew some fool would bring this fight up....

A) Sylvia was dumb enough to stand with a boxer

B) There are rumors Sylvia threw the fight

C) Randy's fight IQ was far superior to Sylvia's (he did beat him after all)

The point being while every fight starts standing, any MMA fighter with at least middling takedowns and the ability to throw a few leg kicks is going to win. Sylvia was under the mistaken impression that he could win a boxing match in an MMA fight.

There is a rumour that Sylvia and Mercer had a gentlemen's agreement to only box in their fight since they tried to have a boxing match but the athletic commission refused to sanction.

We know that the talent pool in Boxing is much deeper than in MMA, but it does not have to make MMA fans insecure.

There is a rumour that Sylvia and Mercer had a gentlemen's agreement to only box in their fight since they tried to have a boxing match but the athletic commission refused to sanction.

Sounds like the agreement only favored Mercer. Further proof that Sylvia wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed.

Back