UFC Fight Night: Bisping vs. Gastelum - one of the worst cards ever ?

lol at you telling me to shut up.

Here you go ya casual dipshit..Bharat was a big fish in a small pond beating up incredibly amateur level competition for the most part.

He does have some skills though but whether he has got to the level of competing in the UFC is the question.

First Indian fighter in the UFC?
Should have nicknamed him "Dhalsim". :)

You casuals dont dont anyone on this card cause you only follow ranked fighters. Do some reaearch and youll know there are some great prospects on this card. Moraes vs magomedsharipov is a killer matchup and my #1 fight on the card.

Wow why don't you go watch shitty regional shows then if names mean so little to you? They're bound to be full of finishes due to mismatches
I support the guys on my gym's Fight Team at the local shows whenever I can. The local boxing gym too. When UCI hosts the BJJ Pan Am, I do my best to attend that, whether I know any competitors or not. Last time I went to a Bellator event, the best fight of the night was on the undercard and not even televised.

My point is, fighters don't have to be famous to put on a good show. Ignore the promoters for a minute, and give the fighters a chance to perform.

I support the guys on my gym's Fight Team at the local shows whenever I can. The local boxing gym too. When UCI hosts the BJJ Pan Am, I do my best to attend that, whether I know any competitors or not. Last time I went to a Bellator event, the best fight of the night was on the undercard and not even televised.

My point is, fighters don't have to be famous to put on a good show. Ignore the promoters for a minute, and give the fighters a chance to perform.
Well obviously you're gonna watch your own guys. I mean why even bother with UFC when there is so much free random MMA available

1zxt0a.jpg

It is, but everyone is gonna call you a fake fan or a McGregor casual for not knowing who Yanan Wu is

Don't know. Hasn't happened yet.

I don't like when people say this. Certainly you don't know how exciting the fights are. However, if you don't know who the fighters are who cares if they turn out to be exciting? Two squirrels were fighting in my front lawn and it looks pretty exciting but why would I care?

A list of people I've never heard of and don't care about to not make good fight card regardless of how their fights turn out.

I don't like when people say this. Certainly you don't know how exciting the fights are. However, if you don't know who the fighters are who cares if they turn out to be exciting? Two squirrels were fighting in my front lawn and it looks pretty exciting but why would I care?

A list of people I've never heard of and don't care about to not make good fight card regardless of how their fights turn out.

I think there's a distinction between a fighter's ability to perform, and how popular they are. I never really needed Joe Rogan or Dana White to tell me if a fighter is worth watching or not, but that's just my opinion. I don't care how much effort they put into promoting fights, and in many cases that's the only difference between a fighter you've heard of, and one you haven't. I'm always prepared to give someone a chance before I write them off as un-watchable.

This is one of those cards that really hammers home how massively bloated the UFC roster actually is, shattering the illusion that it's only for the best of the best MMA fighters.

That having been said, I plan on watching so what does that say about me?
Meh, mma is like sex, even when it's bad, it's still pretty good.

Or, alternatively, "someone is gonna get their shit pushed in"

So many posters only care about names. Question How does one become a name before fighting in the UFC? Better question: How many fighters had a "name before the UFC? I'll tell you: they're in the minority.

Do you even like this sport, or do you just follow it in order to have a forum to go online and bitch about things?

Li is also a sanshou practitioner, yeah. Also my favorite guy on the card.

Muslim Salikhov is widely regarded as the GOAT of Wushu Sanda kickboxing though.

That is something I was unaware of that piques my interest. At some point I saw his KO of Guillard but did not know his name or that he had GOAT status in a martial art.

Do you know the style of his opponent?

If he wins impressively they should fast track him in there with The Saffmeister.

Yeah, they really should have spiced this shit up, I mean, it IS Saturday morning after all.

9/10 of the North American fight fans won't be awake when this shit starts.

Yeah, they really should have spiced this shit up, I mean, it IS Saturday morning after all.

9/10 of the North American fight fans won't be awake when this shit starts.
This event isn't for the North American fans. 8 of the 12 fights feature Chinese fighters. Some of the non Chinese fighters practice Chinese martial arts. Even at the ceremonial weigh-ins, the announcer was speaking Chinese. This event is about breaking into the country that holds about 1/5 off the world's population. A country that is very selective about which foreign products it chooses to import. UFC is not gonna go to China, and tell the venue, the tv networks, ticket buyers, etc, "oh, hey, we have to hold this event first thing in the morning local time. Gotta accommodate out N. American fans who are already bitching about this event." LOL

The card has not happened yet.
How do you know?
The next young Belfort or Saku might reveal himself.

Feels like your only interested in big names rather than MMA.

Back