UFC Fight Night 147: Till vs. Masvidal

Nice card. Went 5-1 with the picks mentioned here, fucking Rinaldi man, very dissapointed with his performance, but a very solid day (+11u). Got a few bets live (Reyes and Marshman), and also got Masvidal wins between rounds 1-5, with odds boost @+600. Hope somebody made money from this picks(thanks for believing on the breakdown), excited for the next!
Good to see you get back some money from the books there Kyle.

Masvidal helped me make up my inappropriately large Gunnar bets so ended with only a smallish loss. Could have been worse that's for sure.

Damn have you guys noticed how hyped Masvidal is now ? He was just a gatekeeper and now he is the future champion lol.

This is a little bit like when Derrick Lewis had a little run but Jorge has actual skills. Derrick had his hot balls moment, Jorge had that little brawl lol. The hype is there now, so we can potentially exploit this.

Let’s be real he won’t ever get that belt. Maybe we get good odds to fade him in the near future now. Usman would dominate him and Jorge would complain that he isn’t a real fighter afterwards. Leon as an underdog would be great.

Damn have you guys noticed how hyped Masvidal is now ? He was just a gatekeeper and now he is the future champion lol.

This is a little bit like when Derrick Lewis had a little run but Jorge has actual skills. Derrick had his hot balls moment, Jorge had that little brawl lol. The hype is there now, so we can potentially exploit this.

Let’s be real he won’t ever get that belt. Maybe we get good odds to fade him in the near future now. Usman would dominate him and Jorge would complain that he isn’t a real fighter afterwards. Leon as an underdog would be great.

He would facefuck Leon. Usman would probably beat him though

He would facefuck Leon. Usman would probably beat him though

Nah, he struggles with southpaws and Leon fights very smart & composed. He won’t fight too aggressive with him like Till. Despite that he has more tools than a 1-2 which Till threw over and over again.

What's everyone's read on the Till vs Masvidal result?

Did Till get unlucky? Did you consider it a competitive fight? Would Masvidal win 9/10 or only 5/10?
Did Masvidal improve or put on exceptional performance? Or did Till just get exposed?

I really thought Till would have won due to some MMA math (Till performing better than Masvidal against Wonderboy) and was pretty surprised by the result. I thought Till's distance striking was good as is his takedown defence. Would love to see where I went wrong.

Did Till get unlucky?
Yes and no. He faced motivated Masvidal, normal Jorge was going to get slightly outpointed to a split decision loss. But the flaws in Till's style were always there and he was going to get flatlined sooner or later. I think.
Did you consider it a competitive fight?
Yes.
Would Masvidal win 9/10 or only 5/10?
I would say if it is a 5-rounder he'll win most of the times like 7-8/10. I woundn't think Till will have gas for the champ rounds, he is too big, the cut to 170 is going to take a lot of his stamina. Remember his Dalby fight? He is practically the same fighter, but a little thicker now.
Did Masvidal improve or put on exceptional performance? Or did Till just get exposed?
Both. Masvidal doesn't like to get in wars despite his gangsta persona. He likes to cruse to a defensively sound decision win, or if you really fuck up or you are just that bad he is ok to finish you. I think he thought the flaws in Till's game were at his alley to exploit and he really trained hard for this (it was visible on his body) and had a solid gameplan. I remember his pre-Thompson interviews his demeanor and overal body language were like on a person who knows that he can do little to win this particular fight. He knew Thompson is too fast for him and defensively capable.

My personal opinion on Masvidal is that he is 100% when his opponent is dangerous, but has big oppenings for him to exploit. He has motivation to win in these more than in every other fights. Cause he is scared to not get knocked out, and in the same time he clearly sees a lot of chances to score the knockout himself.

Usman definitely beats mas

Mas beats leon tho

Took Breese -115, enough value there now as I cap him -150ish. Went 1.5u.

Going to try to briefly tape Quin/Wood as I feel like that lines getting too wide and might stab Mas, but pretty much set for this card.

Duffy
Ige
Grundy
Breese
Allen
Reyes
Leon

Along with some timely LB's on Safarov, Leon, Leon/Gunni GTD, and Mas, plus Spence dominating I had a big night. $3,400 or 13.6u. Hope all did well.

Back