UFC didn't renew contracts with Bagautinov, Makovsky and Mizugaki

Feel bad for Mizugaki. Decent enough fighter but it just feels like he's been thrown to the wolves lately.

Probably feel it's better to invest in new fresh fighters instead of keeping older vets around who are on losing streaks and will clearly never contend again, even if that vet could beat some of them at the current stage.

Anyone knows the reason UFC haven't release fighters these days?
Maybe related with Ali Act?

New trend is that they want to do less shows per year and cut costs. Instead of cutting them it looks like they are going to let a lot of lower and mid tier fighters finish up their contracts and not resign them.

Really?
So why have UFC signed a lot of newcomers recently?

Interesting. Seems the new bosses are not like the old bosses...

I suspect we'll see more and more of this going forward. I hope Bellator picks all of them up, builds up a solid roster, and we just get the big two MMA promotions alternating shows every week. lol
Me 2

Looking at the guys they cut though -- not exactly up and comers putting on barn burners.

Flyweight fights can be fucking amazing when the guys go out there to fight and finish. At that weight, I want to see guys putting out a very high output with creative, explosive, high paced techniques. These guys were very solid MMA fighters, but properly curating the roster for that weightclass probably calls for more emphasis on having a fan-friendly style, which is already favored in every other division too.

Hopefully it's just standard housekeeping.

More power to bellator

With all the UFC guys they have already its worth watching for me.. with more name brand guys just adds the cherry on top

When the fuck is Rory gonna fight ?

Wouldn't mind them cutting flyweight, if the fighters can move up to BW.

Bagautinov doesn't deserve to be cut, though he lost 3 of his last 4. They were all close.

Makovsky lost his last three fights. MIzugaki lost 4 of his last 5.

Last edited:
Looks like they're phasing out flyweight.

If Mighty Mouse moves to bantamweight, that might be it.

Back