UFC didn't renew contracts with Bagautinov, Makovsky and Mizugaki

New trend is that they want to do less shows per year and cut costs. Instead of cutting them it looks like they are going to let a lot of lower and mid tier fighters finish up their contracts and not resign them.

Feel bad for Mizugaki. Decent enough fighter but it just feels like he's been thrown to the wolves lately.

Also they didn't renew contracts with Fili and Lucas Martins despite they won last fight.
Very rare cases.

Interesting. Seems the new bosses are not like the old bosses...

I suspect we'll see more and more of this going forward. I hope Bellator picks all of them up, builds up a solid roster, and we just get the big two MMA promotions alternating shows every week. lol

Gotta keep cutting ranked fighters.

How else are they supposed to afford fighters with real talent like Sage Northcutt and Paige Van Zant?

I'd be pissed if the new owners ditched flyweight

They might get rid of all the fin size fighters

We didn't hear news UFC cut fighters these days.
I assume they stop cutting fighters but fulfill the contracts and let go.

ranked by a bunch of mma idiots Ali was 4 and 3 plus popped for EPO and Zach was 3 and 4

Makovsky and bagautinov definitely deserve to be re-signed considering they've only really been losing to top guys. Mizugaki, as much as I love him, is on a bad fucking skid, but again two of those bad losses were to Cruz and Cody.

Last edited:
Mitsugaki is legit. Always had exciting fights win or loose.

Get rid of men's flyweight; replace it with women's flyweight.

Let Mouse fight the bantamweights. I'd be he'd smoke the vast majority of them too. Winner of Cody/Snake vs Mouse would be sick.

New trend is that they want to do less shows per year and cut costs. Instead of cutting them it looks like they are going to let a lot of lower and mid tier fighters finish up their contracts and not resign them.
If they fire all fighters and administrative staff and cancel all fights leaving UFC with a sole purpose of selling UFC t-shirts and hats, the UFC will save tremendous costs and expenses. It's brilliant!

Feel bad for Mizugaki. Decent enough fighter but it just feels like he's been thrown to the wolves lately.
It was a honor to see him fight in the ufc. The dude didn't finish his fights but he came to bang. Most of his fights that he won were wars. Good luck miz!!

Thank you for all your great ufc fights mizugaki!! I'll always be a fan!!!

Back