UFC announced Tony/Khabib will NOT be for the REAL belt at UFC 223. Press conference this FRIDAY.

Right, Conor's fake title doesn't mean shit. Interim belt is actually the real belt.

confirmed: connor macgregor is the official UFC matchmaker

OK, but if he doesn't fight until September you don't think it is an issue to be a healthy scratch for a little over a year and not defend the title?

Honestly, it's BS. If he doesn't plan on coming back, he should be stripped. He'll get an immediate title shot anyway and if he wins can say he is a 2 time champ who never lost (or defended) his belt.
Of course it's not ok, I've always said i'd have no problem with him being stripped if he doesn't sign up to fight, then again I also respect his right to renegotiate his contract, which is the real reason nothing has been booked so far.

My thinking is if he offically agrees to fight the winner then is there any real point of stripping Conor's belt so that it can be on the line in April if Conor is gonna fight the winner in September, it will actually lessen the moment for Tony or Khabib...

Why give Tony the belt making a paperchamp in the eyes of many?

Then if Khabib wins he's only beat the paperchamp, it's cleaner to just let them fight for the most important belt in the UFC (the one that gets a fight with Conor).

The fact he hasn’t fought in two years is proof of that alone. Why does he get to sit out while other champs defend their titles repeatedly?

Also, how many times has Conor defended ANY belt he has ever won? Look at pre-ufc also. I’ll wait.
Whoa, this one is sharp as a tack, better tread carefully.

Conor hasn't fought in 2 years you say?

He fought Eddie Alvarez 14 months ago & Floyd 5 months ago.

And as for defending his pre UFC belts it's all very easily explained.

He was scheduled to defend his 145 title at Cage Warriors 51, his opponent pulled out injured so to save the card he went up in weight against the 155 champ Ivan Buchinger, after that fight he got the call to fight in the UFC which of course meant both his belts became vacant.

See, that education was worth your wait.

I fully expected this, but that doesn't make it any less of a joke. I loved watching Conor fight, but this is some grade-A bullshit. A champ MUST defend. They stripped Germaine for that same reason.

He would be the former Champ who will have never lost it in a fight. I get that he beat Eddie Alvarez and it wasn't Eddie's best night, but Conor smoked him to be the Champion, so in reality, even though people strongly dislike him here, he would have a legitimate claim to a championship match in the event that he's stripped. I know it's hard to accept or want to rationalize, but he would deserve one on the simple fact that he never lost it. He hasn't defended it which is fucking FANTASTIC, but he'll have never truly lost it, besides if you look at it this way, say he did get stripped, and was rewarded a shot, should he lose, he goes faaaaaaaaaaar down the rabbit hole and nowhere near a Title shot.

Well, haha, we don't agree. When Georges fought Bigg Rigg he vacated his belt. When he beat Bisping, he vacated the belt. Conor refuses to vacate, and he refuses to fight. He should definitely not be rewarded with another title shot whenever he wants it.

Bottom line though, it doesn't matter if you and I agree or not. Sports is great because we don't agree.

He's being protected from having to face number one contenders in a regular basis because Tony will do Conor's job for him.
Wont the winner be of Khabib vs Tony be the #1 contender...?

WYWkd.gif

lmao. not that it would even matter - they'd STILL give Conor the instant TS leapfrogging the already vastly overpopulated sharktank of LW full of contenders.

Guess the final boss will still be The Midget Irishman

Predictions ... Khabib destroys Fergy and it comes down to Fergy slipping in a finish somehow or tick-tock time runs out for Fergy and he losses 4 rounds at least.

The Khabib we saw last time was a different beast. The best he's ever been, it's clear he is confidant in his stirking game now as well by sheer volume and aggression, overwhelming his opponent which Fergy does too, but Khabib has (obviously) a huge ground advantage and will be just too much for Ferg.

I like Fergy, but let's be honest. He is not dominant in his fights. He gets hit, alot. But is a warrior and always does more than his opponent to get the win - while Khabib utterly shuts down his opponents game. If you are fighting Khabib, you are ALWAYS on the defensive

Now, to get a shot at LW gold, you must win 15 fights in a row and wait several years

Conor gets an unwarranted title shot, coming off a loss then a razor thin decision to NATE DIAZ, and then they further take a shit on the fans and other fighters by this bullshit?

Two things

1) Fuck Dana White. The man is a shyster cuck
2) So much for Khabib saying he wasn't going to fight for an interim title.

Whoa, this one is sharp as a tack, better tread carefully.

Conor hasn't fought in 2 years you say?

He fought Eddie Alvarez 14 months ago & Floyd 5 months ago.

And as for defending his pre UFC belts it's all very easily explained.

He was scheduled to defend his 145 title at Cage Warriors 51, his opponent pulled out injured so to save the card he went up in weight against the 155 champ Ivan Buchinger, after that fight he got the call to fight in the UFC which of course meant both his belts became vacant.

See, that education was worth your wait.
@MM808 <Deported1>

Back