UFC announced Tony/Khabib will NOT be for the REAL belt at UFC 223. Press conference this FRIDAY.

Yewll need an army to take them belts off me

Conor-McGregor_31_Zuffa-LLC.jpg

Hahaha what a joke. Konour will be allowed to keep the belt by either simply not fighting or by taking a nonsense fight that has nothing to do with LW championship.

I though Khabib wouldnt accept to fight for the interim belt though? Did he sign the contract?

to be honest its tony's fault for accepting the fight, he should have refused to fight unless its for the real belt
probably they compensated him with some 50k on top
and they will claim mcg is pregnant again or something like that, so he can't fight
expect some very colorful story on friday

At least the UFC is being honest & completely dropping the facade of any legitimacy.

It's hard to comprehend why any of these guys fight tho. The pay is shit, the health risks great & wins & losses don't matter.

Let's say Tony successfully defends against Khabib, wouldn't that be 3 wins for the INTERIM champ, while the actual champ has had zero fights in the UFC in that time frame?

Not really a huge surprise, the UFC is a joke these days. Tony should have refused to fight for a anything less than the real belt seeing as Conor is fit.

He shouldn't even get the winner. If he is stripped for refusal to fight he shouldn't be rewarded with a title fight on demand.

He would be the former Champ who will have never lost it in a fight. I get that he beat Eddie Alvarez and it wasn't Eddie's best night, but Conor smoked him to be the Champion, so in reality, even though people strongly dislike him here, he would have a legitimate claim to a championship match in the event that he's stripped. I know it's hard to accept or want to rationalize, but he would deserve one on the simple fact that he never lost it. He hasn't defended it which is fucking FANTASTIC, but he'll have never truly lost it, besides if you look at it this way, say he did get stripped, and was rewarded a shot, should he lose, he goes faaaaaaaaaaar down the rabbit hole and nowhere near a Title shot.

Duh. Of course it's for the interim title.

I think this utter nonsense. There is no way the Ferg should fight unless its for the real belt. <bball1>

Again, it DOES NOT matter if conor is going to get a title shot anyway.

Nah man we're MMA fans. For us the sport is about more than one guy.
Dont include the whole of MMA fandom in the Mcgregor hate.

The haters are just as bad as the nut huggers. None of em are self aware of how pathetic their hatred/nuthuggery is.

MMA fans wanna see belts defended, rightful number 1 contenders fighting for the belt, interim champs fighting for the REAL belt etc. We want fights. MMA fans wanna see Conor fighting.

So Conor against Tony or Khabib... Where? Russia with Tony and Conor doesn't make sense... Does it?

Khabib is for me the fav of this fight.but still... TONY is no joke, he might win. Especially that he fights so.good from his back.

Weird weird decision.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Conor is the LW champ since NOVEMBER 2016. 14 months.
Ferguson defeated Lee for the interim belt in OCTOBER 2017, four months ago....

And Dana wants Ferguson to defend the interim belt.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Dont include the whole of MMA fandom in the Mcgregor hate.

The haters are just as bad as the nut huggers. None of em are self aware of how pathetic their hatred/nuthuggery is.

MMA fans wanna see belts defended, rightful number 1 contenders fighting for the belt, interim champs fighting for the REAL belt etc. We want fights. MMA fans wanna see Conor fighting.
Where did I do that ?.

Does it really matter? Even if he’s stripped Conor will face the winner and anyone with common sense will recognise T-Ferg as being a legit LW champ if he loses here.

I don't but in what way in that protecting Conor?

As I said he will fight the winner, so where is the protection coming from?
The fact he hasn’t fought in two years is proof of that alone. Why does he get to sit out while other champs defend their titles repeatedly?

Also, how many times has Conor defended ANY belt he has ever won? Look at pre-ufc also. I’ll wait.

Back