Evangelion

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
For a fight night

Main Card
Tai Tuivasa vs Junior Dos Santos- big hw fight
Tyson Pedro vs Mauricio Rua- a legend vs a rising prospect
Mark Hunt vs Justin Willis- two disgruntled HWs on the last fight of their ufc contracts
Joe Duffy vs Ross Pearson- one of the most underrated guys in the UFC
Jake Matthews vs tba

Prelims
Jim Crute vs Paul Craig- Crute is a big time prospect
Geoff Neal vs Luke Jumeau- Neal is a big time prospect
Yushin Okami vs Alexey Kunchenko- I repeat Kunchenko is a big time prospect
Kai Kara France vs Ashkan Mokhtarian- I repeat Kai Kara is a big time prospect
Keira Nakamura vs Salim Touahari
Wilson Reis vs Ben Nguyen

Thats 11 fights so the cards almost set. A lot going on. Big fights, fading legends, big prospects.

Last edited:
In B4 injuries

But yeah that's a pretty good fight night

I'm seriously considering going to this event. I've never been to Adelaide or aUFC event, so it would be a good excuse the visit the city.

Yeah lots of legends mixed in with very good prospects. Solid card.

Hopefully Shogun and JDS win, and Hunt goes out with a classic walk-off KO.

It is a very fun card. I have to say though man, I am not seeing the Kara-France hype at all. He's just a regional level flyweight with heavy hands, luckily for him Ashkhan is absolutely terrible and he should get a finish here. Don't see him doing much at all though, after that.

Also, that's 11 fights, so I expect 1-2 more.

shogun rua is going to kill that pedro guy

Jake Mattews is very exciting to watch. JDS will be back with a easy win

For a fight night

Main Card
Tai Tuivasa vs Junior Dos Santos- big hw fight
Tyson Pedro vs Mauricio Rua- a legend vs a rising prospect
Mark Hunt vs Justin Willis- two disgruntled HWs on the last fight of their ufc contracts
Joe Duffy vs Ross Pearson- one of the most underrated guys in the UFC
Jake Matthews vs tba

Prelims
Jim Crute vs Paul Craig- Crute is a big time prospect
Geoff Neal vs Luke Jumeau- Neal is a big time prospect
Yushin Okami vs Alexey Kunchenko- I repeat Kunchenko is a big time prospect
Kai Kara France vs Ashkan Mokhtarian- I repeat Kai Kara is a big time prospect
Keira Nakamura vs Salim Touahari
Wilson Reis vs Ben Nguyen

Thats 11 fights so the cards almost set. A lot going on. Big fights, fading legends, big prospects.
lol at calling Crute, Neal, Kunchenko, and France big time prospects.

Crute looked painfully average on DWTNCS.

Neal has beaten nobody.

Kunchenko looked awful against an over the hill Alves.

France is a mid level 125er, but failed on TUF, and has already lost to the JMMA elite in Wada (who just lost).

Honestly looking forward to the odds on Kunchenko vs Okami, because I don't think Kunchenko is winning that one. The other three should win, but only because they all have opponents who clearly don't belong in the UFC.

lol at calling Crute, Neal, Kunchenko, and France big time prospects.

Crute looked painfully average on DWTNCS.

Neal has beaten nobody.

Kunchenko looked awful against an over the hill Alves.

France is a mid level 125er, but failed on TUF, and has already lost to the JMMA elite in Wada (who just lost).
Neal looked infinitely better than anyone who has faced Camacho in the UFC, but I get your point. I'm mildy interested in him right now, and will wait for some more performances before calling him a prospect.

One thing's for sure, I like him a hell lot more than someone like Jingliang.

I'm seriously considering going to this event. I've never been to Adelaide or aUFC event, so it would be a good excuse the visit the city.

Even if it was a weaker card I'd always recommend going to a UFC event just for the atmosphere alone

If you can get to Adelaide for the weekend go for it

Neal looked infinitely better than anyone who has faced Camacho in the UFC, but I get your point. I'm mildy interested in him right now, and will wait for some more performances before calling him a prospect.

One thing's for sure, I like him a hell lot more than someone like Jingliang.
Nah. Jingliang carries the weight of a nation, has freak power, and the ability to KO anyone at any moment. He's a far more interesting fighter than Neal.

Nah. Jingliang carries the weight of a nation, has freak power, and the ability to KO anyone at any moment. He's a far more interesting fighter than Neal.

Youre analysis is awful if you think Li is better than Neal. It's literally not even comparable

He relies far too much on his chin, fades as the fight goes on, is sloppy and I don't believe he hits harder than Neal. Although maybe Geoff being a more polished striker has more to do with it.

I guess I still can't get over the fact that Jingliang was nearly toast against Bobby Nash.

Youre analysis is awful if you think Li is better than Neal. It's literally not even comparable
I didn't say better. I said more interesting. The fact that he is fighting for a nation makes his fights mean so much more.
He relies far too much on his chin, fades as the fight goes on, is sloppy and I don't believe he hits harder than Neal. Although maybe Geoff being a more polished striker has more to do with it.

I guess I still can't get over the fact that Jingliang was nearly toast against Bobby Nash.
Everything you said is correct.

I didn't say better. I said more interesting. The fact that he is fighting for a nation makes his fights mean so much more.

Everything you said is correct.

Lol at fighting for a nation. I'm sure most of China has no clue who he is.

Btw yes I was stretching the big time prospect label quite a bit but Neal has looked legit. The others are solid as well.

Last edited:
Lol at fighting for a nation. I'm sure most of China has no clue who he is.

Btw yes I was stretching the big time prospect label quite a bit but Neal has looked legit. The others are solid as well.
He is absolutely fighting for a nation.

If Gareth Mclellan was successful in the UFC, the UFC would have signed a few more guys from EFC. Since Mclellan did not do well, other stars from EFC like Igeu Kabesa and Dricus Duplessis never got signed. (Although, the UFC did sign Danny Henry, who is doing well for himself.)

Anyone who gets signed from a small market is fighting to show that the market he comes from is competitive on the world stage.

He is absolutely fighting for a nation.

If Gareth Mclellan was successful in the UFC, the UFC would have signed a few more guys from EFC. Since Mclellan did not do well, other stars from EFC like Igeu Kabesa and Dricus Duplessis never got signed. (Although, the UFC did sign Danny Henry, who is doing well for himself.)

Anyone who gets signed from a small market is fighting to show that the market he comes from is competitive on the world stage.
That's far from the truth.
The reason UFC didn't sign guys like Kabesa and DuPlessis yet is because they never went nor have plans of visiting South Africa (or any African country, for now).

UFC's global plans in the last 2-3 years have clearly been to only sign people fighting out of places they can use them in regional Fight Night cards, like let's say Humberto Bandenay (mediocre fighter, useful to South American cards) or Kenan Song (mediocre fighter, useful to Asian cards, specially Chinese ones). Of course, there are a few exemptions to that (like Emil Meek), but point stands.

There's probably not enough money to be made going to South Africa yet, but with EFC doing good and keeping the African scene competitive, one day that will change, and then guys like Kabesa, who is really good, will be sign.

You also are wrong when it comes to Danny Henry. They didn't signed him due to his success in EFC, or anything related to McLellan. They signed him because they were going to Scotland, and he is a promising Scottish prospect.

Looking forward to the main event

If I can even watch it that is

Back