UFC 304 is less than 3 months away...

And only 2 fights have been added to the card. There's been nothing but crickets. Aspinall said he was on that card but we've heard nothing but crickets. There was talk of Leon vs Belal but as far as anything substantial there been nothing but crickets. What the hell is going on here? Why no announcements?

Lots and lots of crickets.

Leon vs Belal 2
Aspinall vs Blaydes 2
Usman vs MVP
Allen vs Giga
Paddy vs Green

I’m 80% sure this is what we’re getting.
They wont make Usman vs MVP.

They'll do Geoff Neal or something.

Usman vs Ferguson is utterly unhinged matchmaking

He wants to let tony be a warrior a little longer.

Last edited:
Fuck is wrong with you?

Must be new to the sport

Dana will announce when he's ready. When has he let us down?

Cricket_fighting_in_China.JPG

I could see Dana going live in the middle of the night this week screaming some fights at us, feels overdue

Aspinall is apparently still waiting on his opponent to accept the fight/sign the contract as there's been a bit of a hold up on that front. Said so on TNT sport.

Still, it's obviously gonna be Blaydes. Gane already said he isn't fighting til September.

I think they'll just keep giving MVP strikers. Maybe Wonderboy, Neal or even Buckley. Usman is a horrible matchup for him.
Usman's offensive wrestling is NOT what it used to be. When's the last time Usman has consistently ragdolled someone? Woodley?

I believe both Edwards, and Aspinall are fighting on that card, defending their belts.

Is this another UFC 300 troll thread? Two title fights in England. But there’s nothing on the card? If you aren’t buying the ppv on the strength of a title fight in WW, and HW. You were never going to buy it. The rest of the card could be a throwaway. And it would still be as good or better than many ppv. Like 301, or 289 for example.

Some of you people are utterly ridiculous.
Reading the thread is a good start

Last edited:
Maybe some will hate it, but MVP vs Shavkat while we wait for Belal/Leon to play out. WW's log jam might be finally over in 2 fights.

Cards that are three months away often only have a few official fights scheduled. Is normal.
I went looking into this, since I can't sleep and I'm pretty used to 3 months being kind of the default consideration for a camp preparation and length.

We're 81 days out from the event.

I went looking into the events from last year, trying to find one that had as few scrapped fights as possible, and ironically came to UFC 286, which was also in England. Although there were some replacements, no fights on this card were scrapped. It took place 3/18/2023. 81 days before that event would have been 12/27/2022

Edwards - Usman : Announced 1/14/23 (63 days)
Gaethje - Fiziev : Announced 1/14/23 (63 days)
Nelson - D-Rod Barberena : Announced 1/13/23 (64 days)
Maia - O'Neill : Announced 1/6/23 (71 days)
Vettori - Dolidze : Announced 12/15/22 (93 days)
Shore - Amirkhani : Announced 1/19/23 (58 days)
Duncan - Figlak Morales : Announced 1/11/23 (66 days)
Ashmouz - Patterson : Announced 1/22/23 (55 days)
Mokaev - Filho : Announced 1/16/23 (61 days)
Murphy - Wood Santos : Announced 1/6/23 (71 days)
Duncan - Todorovic : Announced 1/20/23 (57 days)
Hadley - Gordon : Announced 12/23/22 (85 days)
Wood - Carolina : Announced 12/17/22 (91 days)
Herbert - Klein : Announced 1/6/23 (71 days)
Hardy - Miller Announced 1/13/23 (64 days)

So I guess I'm surprised to find that most fights are announced just over 68 days before the event (according to this tiny sample size). Though this card did still have 3 fights by this time, and 304 isn't affected by the UFC's usual end of the year, beginning of next year pause that they often do (bookings are often kinda slim in December as you can see, and most fights into the new year wait until the year starts). So even with the renewed expectations, I'd still think 304 should have more bouts official by now.

How so? Usman is too shop worn at this point to put on a 15 minute wrestling clinic. Not like he's much of a submission threat anyways. MVP has freaky wrist control like he showed vs Douglas Lima, he'd be winning every second of that fight that he can keep it standing. Usman would get lit up.
You want to see MVP defending clinches and takedowns for 3-5 rounds or throwing flashy shit against somebody wanting to stand with him?

Plus even on the decline Usman is still light years ahead of him with wrestling

I’m not even saying MVP couldn’t win but it just seems like a wall and stall bore fest waiting to happen

Usman's offensive wrestling is NOT what it used to be. When's the last time Usman has consistently ragdolled someone? Woodley?
MVP got outwrestled by Paul Daley of all people. Did you not follow his career before the UFC? He's been figured out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
obrad
Back