UFC 300 - Stipe vs winner of Pav/Aspinall?

The event needs big fights

Islam vs Charles/Justin

Chimaev vs DDP/Strickland

Pereira vs Izzy III?

Stipe vs. Jon was interesting because both guys are towards the end of their careers, and both are arguably the GOAT's of their divisions

Stipe vs. Asplinal or Pavlovich just feels like taking Old Yeller out back to be shot. Way too athletic and powerful I think for old man Stipe

Jones will never fight again.
Why would he? He's set for life.
You may be right , it’s a logical thing to do
Jones may also be a sociopathic egomaniac who doesn’t look at the world in a logical way

The event needs big fights

Islam vs Charles/Justin

Chimaev vs DDP/Strickland

Pereira vs Izzy III?

Islam vs. Justin makes sense only because of the lack of new/interesting fights for Islam. I think Justin gets subbed rather quickly if that fight happens. If they are going to have Islam vs. Charles, i don't think they are going to wait until UFC 300 to make that fight. I'm also not really interested in that fight either, given that the first fight was not close at all and i think Oliveira gets destroyed in a rematch.

Chimaev hasn't beaten a single ranked MW and just arguably lost to a pretty shot WW in Usman. The UFC probably DGAF though and will give him a title shot anyways. However, dude runs his mouth a lot but rarely fights. So who knows with him really.

Pereira vs. Izzy III would make some sense if Alex was still at MW, but he would likely have to move up to LHW and it's not a matchup that i really want to see right now.

If Alex wins I really think the UFC will push hard for Izzy part 3 to headline with Conor in the Co-main.

Jamahal will not even be close to ready to fight by late-March/early-April, and the Walker/Ankalaev debacle didn't produce a contender either.

Izzy did say he's not fighting until 2027. At best he's negotiating, at worst he's being overdramatic because he wants to be wanted. Particularly by the fans who've seemed to turn on him.

Neither Jones, or the UFC want Jones to defend against anybody except Stipe.

Why can’t some people understand the most obvious and rudimentary logic of this?

Jones will NOT fight Pavlovich/Aspinall. The UFC will NOT give Stipe any other fight. If Stipe lost a fight to the IC. The Jones/Stipe fight would NOT happen. The UFC, and Jones can bypass the IC. But not if Stipe loses to the IC first.

I don’t really like having to explain this time and time again. If there is ANYTHING about what I just wrote that anybody does not fully understand. That person is of LOW intelligence.
The UFC can get Jon to fight anyone. They're just too cheap to back up the Brink's truck. I guarantee that if they offered him 15 million, he'd fight the Pavlovich/Aspinall winner.

If the UFC were of a mind to make that kind of fight, they would have let designated backup guy Pavlovich fight Stipe this weekend at UFC 295.

The only way this happens is if Jon Jones retires otherwise it makes zero sense for Stipe

Back