Media UFC 30: Year of the fighter - Jorge Masvidal

UFC 30? What does Masvidal have to do with the Battle on the Boardwalk?

uD4gVqrYOw7RnNGyjNtcmXIFjdV.jpg

Not sure if this is a series called UFC 30 or if this is just what you titled this thread, and either way I get that it's signaling the 30th anniversary, but it always grinds my gears how little the UFC cares about its own history/legacy, the irony being that this is supposed to be celebrating its 30-year history yet "history" rarely goes back that far for Dana and Co.

Have they done any profiles like this for OG fighters like Royce, Ken or Frank Shamrock, Severn, Frye, Coleman, etc.? Or even more modern fighters like Randy, Tito, Chuck, Hughes, etc.?

UFC legend. He gets a lot of hate from drama-loving casuals but the real ones remember what he’s been about since 2006.
I had thought that my first encounter with Masvidal was him being choked to a shade of smurf by Imada, but I later realized I had seen him fighting in Kimbos yard years earlier. I'm glad Jorge had the late career resurgence and finally made some cheddar after being in the game for so long.
Had he not been cursed in split decisions, he'd have finished his career 40-12.
One specifically will probably haunt Jorge, his split decision loss to the P4P #1 realtor in MMA, Al Iaquinta. That was the loss that made Jorge move up to WW. Had he won and cruised a few more fights at LW, inevitably, he would have had his name in the drawing to replace Tony in the fight vs Khabib rather than Iaquinta.
There is a universe where the Askren KO actually happened to Khabib and Masvidal went on to become a fan favorite LW champion for at least a little while.

UFC 30? What does Masvidal have to do with the Battle on the Boardwalk?

uD4gVqrYOw7RnNGyjNtcmXIFjdV.jpg

Not sure if this is a series called UFC 30 or if this is just what you titled this thread, and either way I get that it's signaling the 30th anniversary, but it always grinds my gears how little the UFC cares about its own history/legacy, the irony being that this is supposed to be celebrating its 30-year history yet "history" rarely goes back that far for Dana and Co.

Have they done any profiles like this for OG fighters like Royce, Ken or Frank Shamrock, Severn, Frye, Coleman, etc.? Or even more modern fighters like Randy, Tito, Chuck, Hughes, etc.?
The Hughes one they'd have to skip just about 90% of Matt's life up until he started fighting lol and never ask him how he met his wife.
I know it will never be done because of Randy's falling out with the UFC, but I'd love to see one of these an hour and a half long with Chuck, Tiro, and Randy's intertwined careers looked at.

This is a pretty good series they have done a bunch of fighters now

watching Forrest

They also uploaded a doc on Askar Askarov who left the UFC for ACA

I wouldn't put it past the UFC to make Masvidal vs Leon after their little drama. All three parties want this fight to happen but Masvidal came up short.

Back