UFC 229 sells out in 180 seconds. New UFC live gate record @ $30 Million

Hes showing you're a moron.

The event is sold out from UFC stand point. Now all the resellers will jack up the price.

No mate it is not sold out from a UFC stand point.

Click his fuckin link.

There are tickets still available on general sale I don't know how I can put that any other way for you to understand.

Those are resale tickets. Sold out means the venue sold all the tickets it does not mean their won't be third party resale tickets being sold. It is sold out but people are selling their tickets....if you count resale tickets against being sold out nothing has ever sold out in the history of events.

No they are not resale tickets.

There's an option to exclude resale tickets and there is still a shit load of standard sale tickets left.

Hes showing you're a moron.

The event is sold out from UFC stand point. Now all the resellers will jack up the price.

Actually it is not sold-out yet
There are still tickets remaining, not just the re-sale
But its pretty close to sold-out

PS ... Meltzer was the only media to report that last night. Typical most just bought into promoter hype

UFC 229, the Conor McGregor vs. Khabib Nurmagomedov show in Las Vegas with the high ticket prices, went on sale today to the public. As of an hour ago, there were still some $1505 and $2505 tickets left, but the rest of the tickets were sold out in under five minutes.

I just got tickets. Conor never drops out ... right? Cuz I don't care if Khabib drops out because Tony will be the replacement. Dude is ready he's breakdancing and that's how Conor got rid of the Chad Mendes problem. He would love to take out Tony coming off an injury and short notice and I'd be just as happy watching that fight. Anyone who says Kevin Lee is a replacement is out of their minds. It would be Aldo/ anyone at LW before Lee. Probably Tony though. Sooo when does promotion start podcasts are discussing Tom Lawler getting cut like anyone is supposed to care I can't hang with this shit. Aint shit goin on.

Yeah they were because I checked yesterday too.

They've been there the whole time.

There's loads left.

Again, general sale. Not resale.

Maybe they for released after I looked because at 10:10am yesterday it said none available. I even stayed in the stupid waiting lobby online thing and there was literally nothing available.

Not to many left thought couple hundred at most. Still strange though.

When I went online and got my tickets at 10am and then went back to get more at 10:10am it said no tickets available at any price.

Funny timing
I just explained in another thread

Promoters do that all the time
Vince is famous for doing that & lying about attendance figures

But when websites have a lot of traffic the first minutes tix go on sale, it seems sold-out sometimes due to people "looking at available tix" & them being put on hold until the browser/buyer decides
So if someone tried during that time, they might get a "no tix available" message

Between that & promoter hype, its not unusual

Maybe they for released after I looked because at 10:10am yesterday it said none available. I even stayed in the stupid waiting lobby online thing and there was literally nothing available.

Not to many left thought couple hundred at most. Still strange though.

That would be because of the traffic.

You just need to keep refreshing in that scenario. That's how I got mine.

All big events are the same the traffic is so congested that you can't get through.

Maybe?
But I don't know the Aussie market that well
@Codpiece or someone there might chime in about MMA interest & ticket prices
Ticket prices are much higher for the “cheap” seats than a standard event. MMA isn’t big here either. The city where 193 was held (Melbourne) is sports-mad and the citizens will generally attend any spectacle, but MMA had some negative press prior to the event and had only been legalised in Victoria a short while earlier.

Not sure how full the stadium was/how much seating was not filled. Etihad has a couple of different capacities based on configuration. I know attendance for 193 was about 56000 but the maximum the stadium can fit is much higher depending on setup.

Ticket prices are much higher for the “cheap” seats than a standard event. MMA isn’t big here either. The city where 193 was held (Melbourne) is sports-mad and the citizens will generally attend any spectacle, but MMA had some negative press prior to the event and had only been legalised in Victoria a short while earlier.

Not sure how full the stadium was/how much seating was not filled. Etihad has a couple of different capacities based on configuration. I know attendance for 193 was about 56000 but the maximum the stadium can fit is much higher depending on setup.

& that info is why I tagged ya buddy

always appreciate info

Well it’s always good to speak with you, I was a fan of yours before it was cool

haha
Expect the nitwit brigade & trolls that hate info that hurts their narrative to get pissy now

But I think that is why you posted that
;)

Last edited:

Nowhere near $30m, but impressive

Meltzer
If you have any doubt that UFC 229 will be among the biggest financial events in UFC history, live ticket sales say that you shouldn't.

Tickets were put on sale to the public Friday, after a presale that started two days earlier for Fight Club members. By the three-minute mark, the company had already sold enough tickets to where it will be the second largest live event gate in the history of the sport.

UFC 229, the October 6 show headlined by Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. Conor McGregor for the lightweight title, with a ticket price range from $205 up to $2505, had only a few hundred tickets, all in the expensive sections, available after the first three minutes tickets were put on sale to the public. The show was reported as an immediate sellout, but there were still a small amount of tickets left at the AXS ticket website at $990 and up, as of Saturday afternoon. On Friday night, there were only 300 tickets left remaining.

With the way the show was scaled, the advance has surpassed the Nevada record, set at UFC 200 of $10,746,248. Most of the tickets for that show were sold based on Jon Jones vs. Daniel Cormier for the light heavyweight title, a bout canceled late due to Jones failing a drug test, and Anderson Silva replacing him in a non-title match. Brock Lesnar vs. Mark Hunt was also a major part of that show, as well as just the symbolism of being UFC 200. On fight night, the actual main event was Miesha Tate defending the women's bantamweight title against Amanda Nunes.

The advance has also surpassed one of the sport's most legendary events, UFC 129 at Rogers Center in Toronto, which drew a quick sellout of 55,724 fans, but with lower ticket prices. That gate was $12,075,000 U.S., for a show headlined by Georges St-Pierre defending the welterweight title against Jake Shields, A key aspect of the quick sellout of a stadium was it being UFC's first time in Toronto, which had been one of the company's strongest pay-per-view markets dating back to the mid-90s.

The all-time record, which this show won't break, is the one set for UFC 205 on November 12, 2016, the company's first-ever event in New York, held in Madison Square Garden. That show set the all-time record for any event ever held in the World's Most Famous Arena, doing $17.7 million. McGregor captured he lightweight title by beating Eddie Alvarez. McGregor was later stripped of the title for failing to defend it, and Nurmagomedov became champion beating Al Iaquinta on April 7, at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn.

On the secondary market, the cheapest tickets, originally priced at $205, are going for $631 and up. A number of ringside seats are being priced in excess of $10,000, with $45,000 currently the highest asked for price for a front row ringside seat. The number of tickets on the secondary market are substantially lower than one would expect for a show that has sold nearly 18,000 tickets.

Because of much higher ticket prices, the UFC's biggest live gates were well above some of the huge stadium gates in Japan during the heyday of the Pride organization, which never came close to a $10 million show.

The quick pace of ticket sales is more impressive in Las Vegas, which gets major shows all the time, as compared to a blockbuster show in a first-time major market like the New York and Toronto show. Historically, when UFC increases ticket prices to set a gate record for Las Vegas, the tickets may sell out, or come close, but they've never sold this many tickets at the speed they did for this show in Las Vegas.

lol how did they manage to make under 7 million from 56k attendance?

cheap tickets.

It was two american females headlining a show in Aus in the morning. Fact it sold that much and did that gate is great.

Man, just looked at one of the cheaper hotels in vegas for that weekend. Excalibur is $755 for Oct 6-8 (2 nights). I get increasing prices for special events, but to go from $28 a night (before resort fees) to $300 is insane.

Back