UFC 229 sells out in 180 seconds. New UFC live gate record @ $30 Million

No, it was a link saying “want to resell your tickets! Do it now via Ticketmastersomething!” They have an official marketplace for it now, as I guess they figured they could make their fees over and over again off the same number of tickets.
That's just fucking ridiculous holy shit.

Where is the source on the 30 mil ?
dana-white-money-cópia1.jpg

I wonder how many bought them not to attend but to resell.

Whatever people think about Conor, Ronda, Brock, casual fans etc, you just cant beat that big fight feel. Its electric, and we havent had it enough in the last 18 months.

Whatever people think about Conor, Ronda, Brock, casual fans etc, you just cant beat that big fight feel. Its electric, and we havent had it enough in the last 18 months.

True
Look at how hot UFC feels since the Brock/DC thing & Conor announcement?
Meanwhile neither fought.
It just raises the tide & gets people talking MMA.
Boxing seems bigger when a big fight gets announced too.

I hear that but its actually smart
Why let others make money that they could
They should be stopping that shit all together.

Like naming the tickets etc and having to go through them if they want to change the name.

They should be stopping that shit all together.

Like naming the tickets etc and having to go through them if they want to change the name.

There are laws in place
It is not Ticketmasters place to do that sadly

Well, them being sold on a site by resellers isn’t the same as the event selling out through official channels.

It’s a shame reselling has become a proper industry. I bought tickets for a show recently on Ticketmaster, they were presale tickets, and in the confirmation email there was a link for immediately putting them up for resale. It’s bullshit.

Number one bullshit.

Of kicking ass, taking names, collecting dual weight championships in multiple organizations, selling out venues, and making a fuckload of money for himself, his opponents, and his employers.

GOAT !

{<Mcgoat}

It's fookin nuts how popular Conor really is...

To put this into perspective

56, 214 attendance, UFC 193, Ronda Rousey live gate: $6,800,000

55, 724 attendance, UFC 129, GSP live gate: $12,075,000

20, 427 attendance, UFC 205, Conor McGregor live gate: $17,700,000

DkRXSvIXsAAuqCR.jpg:large

1. There's already a thread on this

2. There are literally thousands of tickets available. All that happened is that the resale sites bought them all

Back