UFC 229 sells out in 180 seconds. New UFC live gate record @ $30 Million

I wonder how many buys it will get and if it can break the 2 million mark

We are in an age where fans are more interested in sales than the actual prowess of fighting.

I'm the last MMA fan on Sherdog.
Why is it either or? Why can’t you be fascinated by both, the art and the business? I don anderstan dis, dis is namber one bulshit.

Fake News ;)

A few hours later they were dozens of tickets available via AXS.

Fake News ;)

A few hours later they were dozens of tickets available via AXS.

Well, them being sold on a site by resellers isn’t the same as the event selling out through official channels.

It’s a shame reselling has become a proper industry. I bought tickets for a show recently on Ticketmaster, they were presale tickets, and in the confirmation email there was a link for immediately putting them up for resale. It’s bullshit.

We are in an age where fans are more interested in sales than the actual prowess of fighting.

I'm the last MMA fan on Sherdog.
Fans of every sport talk about every aspect of sport, finance is just one of them.

You're only pissy about it coz it involves Conor and he gets your little baldy bean bag inflammed.

I hear the a majority of sales are due to scrappers trying to resell the tickets for a higher price.

If Conor wins, I hope Nick Diaz walks in the cage immediately after and challenges him.
giphy.webp

They will have all been back doored to the stupid resale sites to be sold on at 2-3x face value (with kick backs to the UFC brass ofcourse)

Fuck off with the fake 30 mil clickbait

Look up the Haast's Eagle bro.

This motherfucker will give a gorilla a run for its money for sure.

haasteagle3.jpg

Argentavis magnificens — was an absolutely enormous species of flying bird which lived in Argentina during the late Miocene, about six million years ago. As of now, it’s the largest species of flying bird ever discovered. It’s worth noting that the species could very well have had a much larger range than is currently known. It’s also worth mentioning that a very closely related species — also gigantic — lived until very recently along the west coast of North America, and no doubt had interactions with the people that lived there at the time.

image109.jpg

Well, them being sold on a site by resellers isn’t the same as the event selling out through official channels.

It’s a shame reselling has become a proper industry. I bought tickets for a show recently on Ticketmaster, they were presale tickets, and in the confirmation email there was a link for immediately putting them up for resale. It’s bullshit.
Lmao wait actually?

Like it wasn't a link saying don't do it?

That's so fucked up lmao. Should never be able to make profit off a sale IMO.

AXS is one of the official partners of the T-Mobile Arena in Vegas. So they offered the tickets for face value. They had tickets in the lower tier and on the floor. Prices started at 2.000 $

Lmao wait actually?

Like it wasn't a link saying don't do it?

That's so fucked up lmao. Should never be able to make profit off a sale IMO.

No, it was a link saying “want to resell your tickets! Do it now via Ticketmastersomething!” They have an official marketplace for it now, as I guess they figured they could make their fees over and over again off the same number of tickets.

Came in here for the source that it broke $30m gate
Left without source

Back