UFC 229: McGregor vs Khabib

Evinger was also just subbed by a kickboxer with little submission skills before avenging the loss recently. We've never seen anyone put Ladd on her back and control her either, have we?

Eubanks had some top control over her.

That was overturned. So since her 2013 loss to Pennington, she’s only lost to cyborg

She’s got pretty good wrestling and submissions. She also has butch lesbian strength and a ton of experience in mma

Her opener at +185 was very nice

He's referring to the Kunitskaya fight where Evinger was armbarred, but was changed to a NC as the ref misinformed her that she's not allowed to step on the head to defend.

That was overturned. So since her 2013 loss to Pennington, she’s only lost to cyborg

She’s got pretty good wrestling and submissions. She also has butch lesbian strength and a ton of experience in mma

Her opener at +185 was very nice

Butch lesbian strength. <Lmaoo> Whether she's got it or not I don't think she's going to be the stronger girl in there come fight night.

+185 is a nice line but I feel it's closer to being accurate than what we're seeing now with it being nearly evens. I dunno, I might be wrong but I just see the 14 year age/freshness angle as a big deal.

Ladd is a big girl, Invicta commentary stated she comes down from 150 something pounds. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see Ladd look that much better because of that huge youth and probable big size and strength advantage.

I'm impressed with Ladd's finishing ratio and how many opponents has she really struggled to get to the canvas? She struggled in her last bout in the first round before adjusting and taking a very solid fighter to the ground before finishing with ground and pound. That's where the great majority of her fights have ended up, and she's finished the majority of them one way or another at that point in time. Like I said, if I can get a favorable line I'd love to take a stab at it...

I really do feel that there were several women in the UFC right now who are "next generation" in their ability to finish fights. Ladd is almost there in my opinion, Suarez is another and that Chinese girl who debuted a few months ago (Xu?) is another fighter with a startingly high finish ratio.

Suarez ITD in her last bout just a few weeks ago cashed at +150 and higher... I was all over that and even though it took until 30 seconds left in the fight, she got that stoppage. Also in that bout was the massive strength and size advantage between some of these lower weight women fighters, Suarez looked like an ogre in there.

You may be right. She struggled to get Eubanks to the ground, but she won the fight with standup early until getting round 3 takedown. Her striking is much better than I initially realized and she has a 2.5" reach advantage vs Evinger. She probably wins the standup.

Ladd did struggle in the clinch vs Lansberg, but that's her only real weakness and it should improve over time

Evinger is a good finisher in her own rite, but in a battle of two finishers I'll take the 23 year old vs the 37 year old.

After taking a closer look I'm somewhat confused why this is priced as a pickem. Evinger's resume is maybe slightly better, and that isn't nearly as siginificant as the 14 year age gap.

You may be right. She struggled to get Eubanks to the ground, but she won the fight with standup early until getting round 3 takedown. Her striking is much better than I initially realized and she has a 2.5" reach advantage vs Evinger. She probably wins the standup.

Ladd did struggle in the clinch vs Lansberg, but that's her only real weakness and it should improve over time

Evinger is a good finisher in her own rite, but in a battle of two finishers I'll take the 23 year old vs the 37 year old.

After taking a closer look I'm somewhat confused why this is priced as a pickem. Evinger's resume is maybe slightly better, and that isn't nearly as siginificant as the 14 year age gap.

You echo a lot of my thoughts on the fight. Maybe people aren't actually watching these Invicta womens fights to get an actual feel on some of these new female fighters and so we get strange lines like this one. Or it could be totally accurate and we get a really even fight. I'm not sure to be completely honest, but at these kind of odds I'll definitely try and take a side here.

I know she has decent wins (The Aldana stoppage looks nice now) but that seemed to be where she peaked, with her mid 30's in the rear view window she's been stopped twice recently and is bouncing around between 145 and 135. I just feel Ladd is in such a better spot, with likely a much better camp, a size and strength advantage, youth, she's got the momentum... almost everything.

Ladd doesn't knock girls out with single strikes or anything but she's a little bulldog in terms of aggression when it comes to getting fights to the mat, at which point she is quite dangerous, especially with her elbows. She's really beaten the dog shit out of several of her opponents.

You echo a lot of my thoughts on the fight. Maybe people aren't actually watching these Invicta womens fights to get an actual feel on some of these new female fighters and so we get strange lines like this one. Or it could be totally accurate and we get a really even fight. I'm not sure to be completely honest, but at these kind of odds I'll definitely try and take a side here.

I know she has decent wins (The Aldana stoppage looks nice now) but that seemed to be where she peaked, with her mid 30's in the rear view window she's been stopped twice recently and is bouncing around between 145 and 135. I just feel Ladd is in such a better spot, with likely a much better camp, a size and strength advantage, youth, she's got the momentum... almost everything.

Ladd doesn't knock girls out with single strikes or anything but she's a little bulldog in terms of aggression when it comes to getting fights to the mat, at which point she is quite dangerous, especially with her elbows. She's really beaten the dog shit out of several of her opponents.

She hasn't been bouncing between 135 and 145, her only fight at 145 was against Cyborg. Ladd will not have a size advantage either. Evinger is being underrated, she's a very strong and gritty wrestler with 20 more fights than the 6-0 Ladd.

She hasn't been bouncing between 135 and 145, her only fight at 145 was against Cyborg. Ladd will not have a size advantage either. Evinger is being underrated, she's a very strong and gritty wrestler with 20 more fights than the 6-0 Ladd.

Going up in weight, especially at 36/37, and coming back down is bouncing around in weight. Semantics I guess.

It's a different case with Cyborg fights. It's an opportunity to get into the UFC and fight a legend, she wasn't changing weight classes or bulking up, she simply didn't cut for a short notice fight.

Has Conor ever been THAT drunk at a press conference before?

Seems like he really doesn’t give a fuck any more

Skip to 49:00 to see the actual press conference.

I heard 2 people cheer for Conor when he stepped on stage. I assume those were his teammates.

Nobody cheered for Khabib when he stepped on stage.

Conor: 1
Khabib: 0

Weird how no fans were invited... Feels awkward af.

Excellent from McGregor. More of that talk please. Khabib ITD should be a good price on fight night.

Excellent from McGregor. More of that talk please. Khabib ITD should be a good price on fight night.

yes excellent stuttering by mcgregor. we can't take anything from this other than conor was trying harder than usual to get under khabibs skin and for the most part failing.

yes excellent stuttering by mcgregor. we can't take anything from this other than conor was trying harder than usual to get under khabibs skin and for the most part failing.

The more McGregor does this the more his blind fans will flock to the bookies to back him in a fight he has little chance to win. Khabibs price will drift hopefully

The more McGregor does this the more his blind fans will flock to the bookies to back him in a fight he has little chance to win. Khabibs price will drift hopefully
It has down under. From Khabib from 1.60 to 1.72 this morning

Back