UFC 229: McGregor vs Khabib

That was really over the top, even by Conor's standards. Him schilling his whiskey was pretty awkward too. I realize he figured he'd need to carry the presser because of Khabib's personality and the fact that English isn't his first language, but man...

It's interesting how quickly his demeanor changes too when he's asked about guys that he's not fighting in his next fight. You'd think Nate and Poirier are Conor's best buds by the way he answered the lone question about that fight.

IDK about this having a big effect on the odds. Maybe a marginal swing toward Conor, but I can't see it making a huge difference.

After this press Im even more confident in Khabib who was relaxed and didnt give a fuck which made Conor pretty nervous.
Conor on the other hand was stranged, he wanted pretty hard to do show but he was abit nervous too I think.

You'd think Nate and Poirier are Conor's best buds by the way he answered the lone question about that fight.
He's always been respectful of his past opponents, unless they keep talking shit.

After this press Im even more confident in Khabib who was relaxed and didnt give a fuck which made Conor pretty nervous.
Conor on the other hand was stranged, he wanted pretty hard to do show but he was abit nervous too I think.

Youre more confident in Khabib after this presser? He was rattled, not breathing during staredown, triggered when the journo asked Conor about the whiskey after the Islamic greeting, giving no prediction etc.

He's always been respectful of his past opponents, unless they keep talking shit.

Youre more confident in Khabib after this presser? He was rattled, not breathing during staredown, triggered when the journo asked Conor about the whiskey after the Islamic greeting, giving no prediction etc.
Naaah man, Khabib was very calm and relaxed. Conor was sweating lol

I thought he looked much more relaxed than in pressers with Ferguson. Maybe it’s because he does not respect Conors ground game at all and does not feel, that cardio is so much of an issue here, that he’s need to push himself to the limit at camp.

yes excellent stuttering by mcgregor. we can't take anything from this other than conor was trying harder than usual to get under khabibs skin and for the most part failing.
I’m not sure if he’s trying harder than usual or if he’s way more nervous than usual, so his insults come across more forced.

He was only stuttering in the early portion of the conference, due to him being inebriated. But he got better after that.

He knows there's a good chance he fights Nate again. He called both Aldo and Eddie "bums" after beating them. Maybe he then said nice stuff about them too, to be fair I'm not sure.

Regardless, he seemed much more forced in this presser. I think some of that can be attributed to Khabib's personality in that Conor knew he'd need to be way over the top to make it interesting at all. But he looked like a slimy used car salesman the way he was hawking that whiskey.

Khabib had a great opportunity that he missed though because he didn't think of it at the time. When Conor was yapping about the style Khabib fights with and "diving at legs", Khabib should have said something like "Oh you mean like you did when you decided you were a wrestler when Nate was lighting you up? So you fight how you think a man should fight until you are getting your ass kicked and then you are okay going for the desperate takedown." Something like that. But honestly Conor likely would have just tried talking over him anyway.

Conor owning Ali was pretty goat though, Ali is a piece of shit so I enjoyed that. For those who don't know Noah is apparently his son who he left behind and is way behind in child support for.

Best thing about Khabib is his impeccable Dagestani posture during every staredown

Conor as an underdog looks very attractive

What's the best website for this fight?
in Europe probably Pinnacle or Matchbook, both usually offer market leading odds, with the latter having prop market bets.
Conor ML is approx 2.50 at best on euro bookies ATM

He was only stuttering in the early portion of the conference, due to him being inebriated. But he got better after that.

Non drinker confirmed.

being intoxicated doesnt make you stutter lol. Slurring yess.. but he wasnt doing that

Non drinker confirmed.

being intoxicated doesnt make you stutter lol. Slurring yess.. but he wasnt doing that
Ahh yes, you dont stutter when you drink, means that others wont either? I stutter and slur more when drunk.

Ohmbet has some interesting specials:
Bruce Buffer to announce
Conor by KO @8.0 or Conor by TKO @8.0

I’ve made a play on Conor, mainly because of the odds, which I think will tighten up a little.

Very interesting fight, classic striker vs grappler. Khabib seems to have a decent chin, but his striking is pretty bad. He’s very hittable. He also struggles mightily to make weight.

Conor can survive a few rds on the ground. He seems to gas in 2-3 rounds but he has been able to push through it. Pretty long layoff as well.

He’ll get a few chances to touch khabibs chin. Will khabib be able to eat the shots to get the fight to ground.

Conor just seems to have a knack for knocking people out. Hard to bet against him, although this could potentially be a nightmarish match up for him.

Khabibs striking is just bad. He also seemed to slow down vs al I and gave him chances to get back in the fight.

Gonna havecto decide whether to stay on Conor or switch sides when odds get better this week

I’ve made a play on Conor, mainly because of the odds, which I think will tighten up a little.

Very interesting fight, classic striker vs grappler. Khabib seems to have a decent chin, but his striking is pretty bad. He’s very hittable. He also struggles mightily to make weight.

Conor can survive a few rds on the ground. He seems to gas in 2-3 rounds but he has been able to push through it. Pretty long layoff as well.

He’ll get a few chances to touch khabibs chin. Will khabib be able to eat the shots to get the fight to ground.

Conor just seems to have a knack for knocking people out. Hard to bet against him, although this could potentially be a nightmarish match up for him.

Khabibs striking is just bad. He also seemed to slow down vs al I and gave him chances to get back in the fight.

Gonna havecto decide whether to stay on Conor or switch sides when odds get better this week
Few rounds? Dude if Khabib takes him down he will suck Conors energy and make him look like a zombie in the next one . The question is how long can Conor survive on feet stuffing takedowns. I will put a play on Conor winning in R1 or R2 because thats his only chance.

Ahh yes, you dont stutter when you drink, means that others wont either? I stutter and slur more when drunk.

dude im a black belt at drinking, I've rarely if ever seen people stutter like that from a few drinks. slurring obviously. maybe you just can't handle your liquor kid :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back