UFC 218 Is A Scary Card

A.S. Deep

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Ngannou/ Reem: A single punch can end this fight, and blink once and you may miss this punch. I'm rooting for Reem since this is probably his last shot at UFC gold, but with his chin it's going to be nerve-wrecking watching him fight.

Holloway/ Aldo 2: I'm rooting for them both (somehow), but this may also be Aldo's last shot at gold, especially if Max retains for a long time, which he may.

These two fights got me sweating, especially Ngannou/ Reem. What about the rest of you?

I'm rooting for max and aldo same as you, I'm pumped about gaethje and Alvarez hoping gaethje wins by ko/tko should be an exciting night of fights

Edit I think reem/ngannou ends in rnd 1 not sure who takes it

I dont think scary is the right word

Add me to the list of guys who like both Max and Aldo.

Reem vs Ngannou is not going the distance. I might as well flip a coin on that one.

2 huge fights with huge consequences for their respective divisions.

Max
Reem

But Gaethje Vs Eddie is my favorite fight on this card.

Ngannou/ Reem: A single punch can end this fight, and blink once and you may miss this punch. I'm rooting for Reem since this is probably his last shot at UFC gold, but with his chin it's going to be nerve-wrecking watching him fight.

Holloway/ Aldo 2: I'm rooting for them both (somehow), but this may also be Aldo's last shot at gold, especially if Max retains for a long time, which he may.

These two fights got me sweating, especially Ngannou/ Reem. What about the rest of you?

I'm with u I don't remember ever being as pumped for a fight as Ngannou vs Reem I don't think people really grasp how sick of a match up this is.

Francis by KO

Max
Reem

But Gaethje Vs Eddie is my favorite fight on this card.

Second all of that. I'm always excited for Alvarez fights. Guys like him and Gaethje and Poirier and Swanson and Cerrone are the rare breed, and should be appreciated. Eddie, though, I must admire above all the rest in the light of JBG. Very few men enter the cage to throw down the way he does.

I think Gaethje Vs. Alvarez has fight of the year potential written all over it.

Some good fights on the card, hoping for Holloway, Ngannou and Gaethje to win.

Reem is going to overwhelm Ngannou with his K-1 level striking, picking him apart from a distance and mixing it up with devastating knees from the clinch.

After all that ngannou will knock him out with a jab.

Same with every Reem fight, especially when he faces a guy who can hit. he's more skilled than his opponents, but has to fight near flawlessly because of no chin. Aldo/Max is a solid replacement for Max/Frankie, and both having more tools to finish than Edgar. I think it depends on Aldo's gameplan how long it'll last.

I'm the opposite lol this is one of those cards where I can relax while watching.

Aldo and Reem already had legendary careers so I wouldn't worry too much if they both lose.

Cool card

Will be able to watch it when I finish work

Agree with OP

Don't leave out the JBG's favorite fight of the night Alvarez vs. Gaethje.
Dat one sic matchup
icon_cheers.png

Gaethje_Meets_JBG.png

I think 218 is better than 217 and people were calling 217 the card of the year.

Holloway vs Aldo > Bisping vs GSP
Ngannou vs Reem > Rose vs JJ
Gaethje vs Eddie > TJ vs Cody

These are just my opinions. I NEVER thought for a second Bisping had anything for GSP. I'm not into WMMA for the most part. I was excited for the BW title fight but I'm more excited to see Gaethje in the cage with a lifelong brawler like Eddie.

Francis doesnt seem like he will be hesitant to exchange

guys who have (JDS, Hunt) etc.. have been KO'd

if you go right at him, you can catch Alistair (Stipe, Rothwell)

Back