UFC 217 - Bisping vs GSP - NYC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sherdog might be the only place on earth where 1 guy could ask what 1 fighter has better than another. The guy answers back HANDS/BOXING. And the other guy replies NO WAY DUDE. The other fighter has better kicks/kickboxing. Oh and a fighter got his toe stuck in the fence.

Stop acting like WB is EZ money. Styles make fights.

WB could easily be too tentative and Mas has been pushing more lately. Mas could push more and land more.

To act like WB should be -400 is crazy

You act like -150 should be -400. So I'm assuming you are gonna lay 20% of your entire BR on it then. Right?

Nah I think it should be -300. Obviously not betting 20% bc I cant get 20% of my BR down without moving the market a ton.

If Mas pushes more hes getting punished. Thompson is smarter, better defensively, more advanced striking game. Mas doesnt have the wrestling to get this to the floor or the power to KO, and hes going to get tagged a ton. He needs to fight the best fight of his life to win.

I get why ppl want to bet against GSP who is fighting at unnatural weight class and may not be his past self...but are we sure that Bisping is actually good?

His wins vs Hendo and Silva were extremely shaky, and GSP isnt going to be easier than those fights. Also GSP smarter at playing judges and will likely have crowd, which is big for fight that goes to decision most of the time.

I get why ppl want to bet against GSP who is fighting at unnatural weight class and may not be his past self...but are we sure that Bisping is actually good?

His wins vs Hendo and Silva were extremely shaky, and GSP isnt going to be easier than those fights. Also GSP smarter at playing judges and will likely have crowd, which is big for fight that goes to decision most of the time.

hendo and silva are bad comparasons as both fighters have far superior stand up than gsp and far superior punching power.

it all comes down to if gsp can take down and control bisping like kennedy did. if he cant then he and his paper skin loses and loses badly

I am not sure that Anderson Silva who fught Bisping has superior punching power and still he KO`d him

Nah I think it should be -300. Obviously not betting 20% bc I cant get 20% of my BR down without moving the market a ton.

If Mas pushes more hes getting punished. Thompson is smarter, better defensively, more advanced striking game. Mas doesnt have the wrestling to get this to the floor or the power to KO, and hes going to get tagged a ton. He needs to fight the best fight of his life to win.

You could bet all kinds of money without moving the market a ton. Unless you have 1 offshore book.

I'm probably gonna bet 10k+ on Bisping and won't move the market.

I think you are full of hyperbole and sound like a used car salesman half the time.

EZ MONEY this and EZ MONEY that.

I am not sure that Anderson Silva who fught Bisping has superior punching power and still he KO`d him

You don't think ANY version of Siva has FAR more punching power than GSP.

When was the last time GSP even wobbled an opponent standing

After all this time how can anyone take anything chael says with any sense of fact or seriousness. He is the biggest liar and bullshitter in the sport and will say anything to get attention.

What he says about gsp may or may not be true, either way, I put zero stock into anything he says

I was speechless that his words would be used to back a play in any way

You could bet all kinds of money without moving the market a ton. Unless you have 1 offshore book.

I'm probably gonna bet 10k+ on Bisping and won't move the market.

I think you are full of hyperbole and sound like a used car salesman half the time.

EZ MONEY this and EZ MONEY that.

Where do u bet? Actual vegas books? Max bet on pinny or cris tickets the market at least a little

Where do u bet? Actual vegas books? Max bet on pinny or cris tickets the market at least a little
Aren't you a professional gambler? Yet you don't have enough avenues set up to throw 20k on a HUGE VALUE BET.

Was it you that was just saying you bet 30k on Basketball games?

Aren't you a professional gambler? Yet you don't have enough avenues set up to throw 20k on a HUGE VALUE BET.

Was it you that was just saying you bet 30k on Basketball games?

I can get $20k+ down if the market is decently liquid. Would like to find new ways to get more money down so I can become filthy rotten rich tho

I can get $20k+ down if the market is decently liquid. Would like to find new ways to get more money down so I can become filthy rotten rich tho

Didn't you post a vid of you in Vegas? Just drop some major cash in Vegas.

I don't doubt u think WB is going to win. But I do doubt u believe he's EZ money.

Because if u did and since u are a rich professional gambler, u would 100% be dropping 20k+ on this easy money.

I mean u drop 30k on NON EZ money BBall games

Didn't you post a vid of you in Vegas? Just drop some major cash in Vegas.

I don't doubt u think WB is going to win. But I do doubt u believe he's EZ money.

Because if u did and since u are a rich professional gambler, u would 100% be dropping 20k+ on this easy money.

I mean u drop 30k on NON EZ money BBall games

I didn't bet $30k on that game. It was $30k closing limits. I generally dont bet a ton on NBA.

I'm thinking about betting a lot on WB. It feels like a great opportunity to buy low on a stud, sell high in a good but badly flawed fighter, and get a good matchup in the process.

But I don't consider myself pro at MMA yet. Ive been watching it for all of 2 months, and I've been dead wrong about a couple of recent fights (namely Cowboy + Faria) so I'm going to keep my bet size humble until I have a more proven track record of success. My words will stay hyperbolic tho, and your precious gamebred is getting murked at MSG

I didn't bet $30k on that game. It was $30k closing limits. I generally dont bet a ton on NBA.

I'm thinking about betting a lot on WB. It feels like a great opportunity to buy low on a stud, sell high in a good but badly flawed fighter, and get a good matchup in the process.

But I don't consider myself pro at MMA yet. Ive been watching it for all of 2 months, and I've been dead wrong about a couple of recent fights (namely Cowboy + Faria) so I'm going to keep my bet size humble until I have a more proven track record of success. My words will stay hyperbolic tho, and your precious gamebred is getting murked at MSG[/QUOT

Wouldn't surprise me if masvidal scored some key takedowns.

But I don't consider myself pro at MMA yet. Ive been watching it for all of 2 months, and I've been dead wrong about a couple of recent fights (namely Cowboy + Faria) so I'm going to keep my bet size humble until I have a more proven track record of success. My words will stay hyperbolic tho, and your precious gamebred is getting murked at MSG

Fair play

But mas will be a small bet. TJ and Bisping will be larger

I will play/look to play these

Bisping
TJ
WB

I have been a Masvidal fan for a while, but I think this is a good matchup for WB

i like both tj and bisping after the first round

tj has shown to keep his output, speed and reflexes throughout the course of a five round fight whereas almost all of codys stoppage have come within the first five minutes.

and i dont think gsp will have any success with his sngles or doubles after the first five minutes, if he has any success at all

@SBJJ so you don’t think gsp will be able to take bisping down?i agree Silva and Henderson both hit harder than gsp but neither of them have the takedown and control threat of gsp. Is his layoff the reason? Going up in weight? Combined layoff and weight?

If you knew he would be the same gsp as he was at ww just refreshed and focused would you still be on bisping? Obviously there is no way to know for sure, but with no way to determine just wanted to hear your thoughts on why you are so sure about bisping.

I can understand why people have reasons to be confident on both sides of GSP/Bisping. But, to me this reeks of a fight where going too big is a mistake.

How can any of us have any idea what version of GSP we're getting at this point? Outside of the flukyish Rockhold fight, Bisping has looked pretty bad for a while now. GSP didn't exactly go out lighting the world on fire in that Hendricks fight either. So many question marks for both guys.

Just my opinion, but I can envision some weird stuff happening in this fight. Just like Bisping's last few.

@SBJJ so you don’t think gsp will be able to take bisping down?i agree Silva and Henderson both hit harder than gsp but neither of them have the takedown and control threat of gsp. Is his layoff the reason? Going up in weight? Combined layoff and weight?

If you knew he would be the same gsp as he was at ww just refreshed and focused would you still be on bisping? Obviously there is no way to know for sure, but with no way to determine just wanted to hear your thoughts on why you are so sure about bisping.

If the Bisping that fought Condit and Hendricks shows up he's in real trouble. And if you think 3 years post USDA will help then I'd say take a shot on him.

There are reasons he retired IMO. His reflexes and explosiveness were already on the downslope. I don't 3 years off will help that.

Honestly what type of fighter would you say is a bad match up for GSP? I'd say a bigger stronger fighter with very good TDD and get Ups combined with a volume striking style with GREAT cardio is just not a good matchup for him

i think im going to make easy money betting on bisping. hes too big for gsp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back