UFC 217 - Bisping vs GSP - NYC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also what little training footage I could find on GSP. I just don't like what I see. He's bulky and slow looking. More robotic looking than even his late 170 fights.

I don't think the weight is good for him. I think it may slow him down. Maybe they think it will help him just power Bisping down. But I think it's gonna be real hard for a bulked up GSP to continually take Bisping down. It's gonna wear him out big time

I'm just pretty confident not crazy confidence but good

Only thing that could stop me from a large bet at this point is Barry coming out with a 10 unit Bisping bet

But I don't consider myself pro at MMA yet. Ive been watching it for all of 2 months, and I've been dead wrong about a couple of recent fights (namely Cowboy + Faria) so I'm going to keep my bet size humble until I have a more proven track record of success. My words will stay hyperbolic tho, and your precious gamebred is getting murked at MSG
Appreciate the honesty, but those comments contradict your general posting style on this forum. I like reading everyone's thoughts on the fights but personally I could do without all the "this WILL happen, that WON'T happen" type of stuff.

Nobody knows exactly what's going to happen in what can be, let's face it, quite an unpredictable sport a lot of the time. With this in mind your plays should be primarily induced by price. You learnt this the hard way a few weeks ago but looking for value at decent odds > laying 16u on -200 favourites in mma.

Appreciate the honesty, but those comments contradict your general posting style on this forum. I like reading everyone's thoughts on the fights but personally I could do without all the "this WILL happen, that WON'T happen" type of stuff.

Nobody knows exactly what's going to happen in what can be, let's face it, quite an unpredictable sport a lot of the time. With this in mind your plays should be primarily induced by price. You learnt this the hard way a few weeks ago but looking for value at decent odds > laying 16u on -200 favourites in mma.

THIS

If the Bisping that fought Condit and Hendricks shows up he's in real trouble. And if you think 3 years post USDA will help then I'd say take a shot on him.

There are reasons he retired IMO. His reflexes and explosiveness were already on the downslope. I don't 3 years off will help that.

Honestly what type of fighter would you say is a bad match up for GSP? I'd say a bigger stronger fighter with very good TDD and get Ups combined with a volume striking style with GREAT cardio is just not a good matchup for him

at age 36 he is not super old for mma, really did not take huge amount of damage and always took care of himself. I always considered him pretty honest with his performance and he said he was just burnt out and have out of fighting issues he wanted to take care of, i have no reason to doubt this. I do agree Bisping has great cardio, very good tdd and is a high volume fighter. There is very little out there on training footage of gsp right now, but I would have to think GSp is hungry, only reason he would come back. Does not need money and a very intelligent person. I think he did exactly what he said and went up in weight the right way and took about a year to do it. (i also think he will fight anderson at some point before he retires if he wins this fight or not. that would be a huge money fight, like wand vs chuck) I would imagine they did practice camps, weight cuts ect.. really got a handle on it. doing this for a few big fights, possibly just bisping, anderson...i dont see how conor could make 185 and i dont see how gsp could get down lower after getting so big. anyway back on topic, gsp always won by making the fight go the way he wanted. good wrestler he won on the feet, good on the feet he would take him down. I think he goes for the takedown and control as bisping does have good volume and good boxing. bisping will be taller, but i dont think he will be stronger, the speed you mentioned i think will be the x-factor. if gsp still has enough explosiveness i think he will time his takedowns and get this fight to the floor. If he cant i agree he will be in trouble having a 5 round boxing match. gsp always has had a judge friendly style and they just like him so i can see any close rounds going to him, even though he is the challenger. It is a close fight, but i believe its gsps fight to lose. we know what bisping brings, we know what a healthy focused gsp brings. Dominick cruz who is much the same intelligent, always prepared, always in shape type of fighter came back and didnt miss a beat. even though he is going up a weightclass I believe gsp will return in form. also dont forget bisping has been talking about retirement. said his whole family wants him to retire and then backed off of it. If he loses i think he is done. nothing more for him and no immediate big money fights. he wins he stays fighting to keep getting checks.

I will be on gsp as i dont see bisping stopping him, i think gsp will get him down, some way some how and will et the nod in at least one close round and take the decision. without any big power shots if gsp gets him down the judges will count those for more and get gsp rounds. If gsp comes out slow and old he will get hurt really badly as volume of strikes would be sad to watch, but i have faith that this wont happen.

If bisping does win he will have wins over anderson, hendo, gsp, rockhold, back to back to back to back. really incredible, even though 3 were at end of their careers, considering he was always considered just a contender at best.

I was speechless that his words would be used to back a play in any way
I guess i wasnt clear enough i favor bisping quite a bit here. I was simply stating a fact that chael said. There was no schtick or angle to what he said he just said gsp felt stronger. I even said take it for what its worth. He would know more than us hes trained/fought both guys. I only brought it up bc i thought it was interesting. Anyways does bispings retirement talk/ this could be his last fight talk scare you? It made me pause

As far as available lines on this one, I actually like the dogs here, esp if GSP gets to +money. Not going big on that fight but I could see GSP coming back and look pretty solid, there's many ?'s obviously, but he is one of the atg's and lnp'ing Bisping for 5rds wouldn't surprise me at all. Also really liking the over, the ov4.5 and fight goes distance are both -135 on Dimes rn so heads up if you want to hit that too and haven't yet.

TJ and Mas are also probably small plays for me, not anything I LOVE on this card but getting TJ as a dog is hard to pass up, I like Mas as well, these guys are always game. GSP if he gets to plus money, ov4.5 in that fight as well, TJ and Mas. Biggest play will probably be the over but that's not gonna be a big play by any means.

OK guys i've seen the WB and Mas discussion and have decided to finally reveal the #easymoney play I will be on.

WB dec and o2.5

This is very easy money. I didn't wanna reveal this yet cause I want WB dec +200, but fuck it. Woodley caused problems for WB by taking away open space for him to work with by always just chilling against the fence timing an explosion and/or right hand. That turned it into a defensive staring contest of who can time an opening standing in front of each other. Thats not how WB works best. He works best in the open space, where he can move around and use angles and movement more freely to confuse the opponent from finding a range. Woodley's incredible explosiveness also caused him terrible stylistic problems cause one mistimed strike and Woodley would deck him, adding to the boringness.

Mas is much different. He likes working in the center of the cage too. He doesn't possess the explosiveness or power of Woodley, and hes much more traditional in his striking working behind classic attacks like the jab where as Woodley is unconventional in the sense he will literally chill against the cage and wait all fight to explode with a well timed right hand.

Unless Mas somehow consistently wrestles against the fence, which I don't see happening at all when Rory never could and even with Woodley always keeping the fight by the fence he effectively wrestled like twice between the two fights? And WB scrambled up the time he was taken down in the 2nd fight.

Out in the center WB is gonna style on him virtually the same exact way he did with Rory. Control the range of the pretty flat footed strike, use sharp angles and variety of different attacks. I see nothing different in Mas' stand up that tells me this can play out differently. The one difference you could try to argue is Mas is better at catching or parrying kicks and eventually finding openings from doing so, but WB is no traditional kicker and the attacks from him will confuse Mas much more than flat footed muay thai round kicks from Cerrone.

Got fucking crushed on Cerrone good call to those on till I knew That first round would be the decider. I’m liking masvidal wonder boy to start round 3 -255 and jj/rose over 3.5 -175 a lot. Parlay pays +118

I’m wondering if rose is going to be able to take the 5 round beat down champ is about to give her.

She’s too little and frail. Champ should absolutely brutalize her

My solid bets for this card are

Borracino
Joanna
Cody necktat

Pretty confident in these

Just the burger is washed up
Joanna is goat

Cody necktat imo has a significant speed and boxing advantage

I can’t see T.J. steering him into any of his kicks nor do i think any wrestling or Bjj will come in to play as both guys will have cardio and scrambling ability for days

Parlay these three 500 gets you a 1000

My solid bets for this card are

Borracino
Joanna
Cody necktat

Pretty confident in these

Just the burger is washed up
Joanna is goat

Cody necktat imo has a significant speed and boxing advantage

I can’t see T.J. steering him into any of his kicks nor do i think any wrestling or Bjj will come in to play as both guys will have cardio and scrambling ability for days

Parlay these three 500 gets you a 1000
I’d like to see if Cody is going to be able to defend the takedown. illashaw really sets them up well. That would be my only concern.

We saw Cody figured out Cruz’s movement and illashaw is almost a clone of him who hits harder and has better wrestling.

I’d like to see if Cody is going to be able to defend the takedown. illashaw really sets them up well. That would be my only concern.

We saw Cody figured out Cruz’s movement and illashaw is almost a clone of him who hits harder and has better wrestling.

I thought Cruz fought a very poor fight, IMO. People jizz over his movement and standup, but I strongly feel his key to a lot of his victories is his takedown game and grappling. Cruz failed a few takedowns, and he just gave up on them. It's just so odd to me when fighters bail on a few failed takedowns, yet they have no problem whiffing air all night. I think Cody really got in his head and owned him because of it.

I like that DIllashaw has several weapons here. He's competent boxing, has a good kicking game, and he can get the takedowns. I think Dillashaw is far more threatening standing than Cruz as well.

I don't really think Cruz and tj have that similar of footwork.
I thought Cruz fought a very poor fight, IMO. People jizz over his movement and standup, but I strongly feel his key to a lot of his victories is his takedown game and grappling. Cruz failed a few takedowns, and he just gave up on them. It's just so odd to me when fighters bail on a few failed takedowns, yet they have no problem whiffing air all night. I think Cody really got in his head and owned him because of it.

I like that DIllashaw has several weapons here. He's competent boxing, has a good kicking game, and he can get the takedowns. I think Dillashaw is far more threatening standing than Cruz as well.

Dominicks movement is overblown imo. The angles and footwork that tj uses is much more effective. Dominick bounces around and then comes in on straight lines and stays there.

I don't think Cruz looked himself that fight at all.

I just think it cancels out

I don’t see any prolonged grappling exchanges or anyone snatching a sub in those exchanges

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back