UFC 210 - DC vs AJ 2 - Buffalo

Status
Not open for further replies.
CLhEAFZW8AAgTSJ.jpg

This is cummins coming off a win over notorious gasser Feijao.

He's been brutally KO'd in 4 of his UFC losses.

Hardly a guy you can trust at this stage of his career.

Feel the key for cummings here is being confident with his striking or just using his striking better to set up those take downs, gus got jan down easily, imagine what a strong wrestler could do coming from blackzillian's camp too.

Key for Jan should be take down defence and use his better striking here.

Trust is a good point, but who to trust more cummings or jan I wonder.

Feel the key for cummings here is being confident with his striking or just using his striking better to set up those take downs, gus got jan down easily, imagine what a strong wrestler could do coming from blackzillian's camp too.

Key for Jan should be take down defence and use his better striking here.

Trust is a good point, but who to trust more cummings or jan I wonder.

I think Cummins can GNP Jan just like Corey did. The gameplan is clearly there but Cummins has put his brain through the ringer one too many times to trust with money.

Cormier, OSP, Glover which was probably the worst, and Lil Nog have all put his lights out. That's a lot of concussive damage.

I guess it really depends on who the dog is. I think odds may be close at like -115 a piece.

CLhEAFZW8AAgTSJ.jpg

This is cummins coming off a win over notorious gasser Feijao.

He's been brutally KO'd in 4 of his UFC losses.

Hardly a guy you can trust at this stage of his career.

He marks up easy feijao didnt really land anything big. Jan is not a big puncher. Yeah he could ko cummins of course but lil nog osp dc and glover are bigger punchers. He also doesnt go down easy easy both the glover and lil nog fights were stopped with pat on his feet. Jan has bad tdd and has no clue how to get back to his feet and he also has terrible cardio.

+315 Jenel Lausa
+220 Charles oliveira
+200 Pearl Gonzalez
+140 Thiago Alves
+115 Chris Weidman

Which dogs have a chance to win here? Which dogs have value?

I'm actually really tempted to play a couple of these.

Lausa being the biggest value, I mean should anybody be -400 in your first fight? Of course he's Russian which is a scary thought but sometimes you can get jitters and Lausa honestly had some pretty sharp hands. Trains with Pacman I hear?

Also, Cynthia Calvillo has only been pro for a couple months and she's -300? No wmma fighter should be a huge favorite, right??

I kinda wanna play Charles but he's so skinny compared to Brooks who looks like a damn street fighter character the way he's built.

The others I'm still looking into.

+315 Jenel Lausa
+220 Charles oliveira
+200 Pearl Gonzalez
+140 Thiago Alves
+115 Chris Weidman

Imo, Alves, Olive, and Weidman are all worth a look with conceivable paths to victory. Idk anything about Pearl yet (need to watch tape), and its very hard to see how Jenel stops tds.

+315 Jenel Lausa
+220 Charles oliveira
+200 Pearl Gonzalez
+140 Thiago Alves
+115 Chris Weidman

I like Weidman and Oliveira. I know some others like Alves, as well

I also approve of your AV

Imo, Alves, Olive, and Weidman are all worth a look with conceivable paths to victory. Idk anything about Pearl yet (need to watch tape), and its very hard to see how Jenel stops tds.

Alves isn't someone you bet until he weighs in. And if he shows up with Dolce, I'm not even sure what to think.

Weidman is Weidman that one is a toss up.

And honestly with Jenel, I'm really tempted by the odds. I'm going to put the wrestling talk aside and just look at the +315. When you're a 125lb guy it doesn't really take that much to explode out of another small guy on top of you. Plus he's pretty buff. He's got power in both his hands and Russians aren't known for their defense.

Maybe I'm biased because I'm partial to boxers? Yeah that's probably it but I'm going to play him, there isn't much to gain from a -400 favorite.

Alves isn't someone you bet until he weighs in. And if he shows up with Dolce, I'm not even sure what to think.

Weidman is Weidman that one is a toss up.

And honestly with Jenel, I'm really tempted by the odds. I'm going to put the wrestling talk aside and just look at the +315. When you're a 125lb guy it doesn't really take that much to explode out of another small guy on top of you. Plus he's pretty buff. He's got power in both his hands and Russians aren't known for their defense.

Maybe I'm biased because I'm partial to boxers? Yeah that's probably it but I'm going to play him, there isn't much to gain from a -400 favorite.
I'm not sure how you can put the wresting talk to the side in a fight like this where it looks like it's going to be cakewalk for Bibs to dominate the grappling

I'm not sure how you can put the wresting talk to the side in a fight like this where it looks like it's going to be cakewalk for Bibs to dominate the grappling

I remember seeing Bibs fight in WSOF. It wasn't his wrestling that dominated the fight. He mostly stood toe to toe with a guy named Donavan Frelow. It was my first time watching Bibs fight and I was under the assumption that this Frelow guy has no chance at keeping this wrestler off of him and when Bibs got him down, he actually was able to get up a few times.

And again, my point being is that having a 125lb man on top of you isn't the same as having let's say a 170er on top of you.

You throw in new rules with the wrestling not being as important and you have yourself a dog fight.

I am kinda high on Jenel Lausa so hitting him for 1u. He might get dominated but he is athletic enough for me that I am willing to take a shot on him at 3-1.

I am kinda high on Jenel Lausa so hitting him for 1u. He might get dominated but he is athletic enough for me that I am willing to take a shot on him at 3-1.
I think his boxing is super impressive and yeah he's a decent athlete. Even though he fought a bum in his last fight I can still appreciate the striking technique, you can really tell that he comes from a boxing background. I think he has potential but he needs to move to a better camp, he trains at some no name gym in the Philippines which seems to be very boxing oriented. His grappling is poor and I think Bibulatov will exploit that, this is a bad match up for him, kinda wish the UFC would have given him someone easier so that he can build his confidence.

Bibulatov is has much better expeience and a much more well rounded skill set. It is his debut though so maybe we don't see him at his best and maybe Lausa has been working hard on his TDD, because if this stays on the feet I like Lausa a lot, he's already one of the best boxers in the division IMO

I think his boxing is super impressive and yeah he's a decent athlete. Even though he fought a bum in his last fight I can still appreciate the striking technique, you can really tell that he comes from a boxing background. I think he has potential but he needs to move to a better camp, he trains at some no name gym in the Philippines which seems to be very boxing oriented. His grappling is poor and I think Bibulatov will exploit that, this is a bad match up for him, kinda wish the UFC would have given him someone easier so that he can build his confidence.

Bibulatov is has much better expeience and a much more well rounded skill set. It is his debut though so maybe we don't see him at his best and maybe Lausa has been working hard on his TDD, because if this stays on the feet I like Lausa a lot, he's already one of the best boxers in the division IMO

UFC doesn't know how to build people up. They also hate Asians for some reason. They're trying to slaughter some little Asian girl to the wolves against Holly Holm as if they have any business in the cage together

But yeah there aren't a lot of guys from Jenel's region (Southeast Asia/Pacific islands) that I could say has potential and I think he does.

It'll take several years tho... I say throw on a gi and earn yourself a couple belts and he could be a mainstay.

EDIT: damn didn't realize dude was 28

UFC doesn't know how to build people up. They also hate Asians for some reason. They're trying to slaughter some little Asian girl to the wolves against Holly Holm as if they have any business in the cage together

But yeah there aren't a lot of guys from Jenel's region (Southeast Asia/Pacific islands) that I could say has potential and I think he does.

It'll take several years tho... I say throw on a gi and earn yourself a couple belts and he could be a mainstay.

Idk why but I lost my shit when you said the UFC is trying to slaughter a little Asian girl lmao

Holly Holm is in desperate need of a win though, I wonder what the UFC wants to do with her at this point. The Holm vs GDR fight made no sense at all, one of the worst PPV main events ever. First off there's no reason to have women's FW division, who is going to fight in it? if anything open up 125. The UFC were trying to build Holm's popularity by giving her a belt because she has some marketing potential. Instead it backfired and now they have GDR, the most unmarketable champion in UFC history. A lot of weird main events and matchmaking lately, Cub vs Lobov???

If the UFC attempt to put together another Philippines event then Lausa could help open up that market but they need to build him right, instead they're doing prospect vs prospect which I don't like. Him being 28 isn't good but he's a good athlete and he's already a high level striker, he just needs to work hard on his grappling. I don't expect great things from Lausa but I do expect good things.

Holly Holm is in desperate need of a win though, I wonder what the UFC wants to do with her at this point. The Holm vs GDR fight made no sense at all, one of the worst PPV main events ever. First off there's no reason to have women's FW division, who is going to fight in it? if anything open up 125. The UFC were trying to build Holm's popularity by giving her a belt because she has some marketing potential. Instead it backfired and now they have GDR, the most unmarketable champion in UFC history. A lot of weird main events and matchmaking lately, Cub vs Lobov???

If the UFC attempt to put together another Philippines event then Lausa could help open up that market but they need to build him right, instead they're doing prospect vs prospect which I don't like. Him being 28 isn't good but he's a good athlete and he's already a high level striker, he just needs to work hard on his grappling. I don't expect great things from Lausa but I do expect good things.

WME is so desperate it's pathetic.

http://m.sherdog.com/fighter/Ji-Yeon-Kim-77250

The girl isn't even 135lbs let alone 145lbs, and most Asians don't even cut in the first place. It's like the time they sent Keita Nakamura to England to face their biggest WW in Tom Breese who was -1000 lol. And Keita ended up looking good in that fight against that Goliath.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back