UFC 210 - DC vs AJ 2 - Buffalo - II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently it's an old wrestling trick. DC messed up the trick part because he should have been pushing down on the inner towel and the outer towel was to hide his hands. That was the reason he had 2 towels in front of him.
You don't need to push down, you just need your 2 forearms to weight less, that what he did.

Why am I refusing to see exactly? Elaborate? That DC pressed on the towel? Or that he did not look good? I'm not a physics major and not being there I cannot tell if he was just touching the towel or putting enough pressure to relieve enough stress so that he could make the mark but he had two hours to lose 1.2 pounds. He chose instead to do it in 90 seconds. Tell me what sport are missing and I'm not being facetious or sarcastic.

Goodfella, do you own a scale? if not the next time you are near one weigh yourself, then weigh yourself again with your hands touching something like a wall, towel, towel rack, sink it doesnt matter. With or without forearm flexing force you will change the weight on the scale.

im not qualifed in physics to make an argument but cormiers forearms and biceps arent even flexing. i would assume that if he is applying enough pressure on the towel to move the scales then he would have to have exerted some sort of force to where the ufc officials arms wouldve at least moved when cormier applied pressure.

also, daniel was given two hours to lose 1.2 and elected to come back in two minutes. its not like this towel incident happened after he already attempted to lose the weight(sauna,shit,cardio).

keep in mind we are talking about 1.2 lbs of force.

How did dc know how to alleviate exactly 1.2lbs...

he was looking at the scale.

It is humorous that people act like this is some great mystery and think that Isaac Newton needs to weigh in (pun intended) on the possiblility of DC's little trick being possible. Come on guys, he cheated at the weigh in and got away with it. It will be much harder for someone else to try this trick, ecspecially in a high profile title fight. I ain't knocking him.....I am glad the fight is still on and that he got away with it, but call it what it is. He cheated...in broad day light....the NYSAC is a north bound fart ahead of the Texas commision with regard to competance.....but he got away with it. Kudos to him, the fight goes on....even if he is a cheater.

Love your username!

Goodfella, do you own a scale? if not the next time you are near one weigh yourself, then weigh yourself again with your hands touching something like a wall, towel, towel rack, sink it doesnt matter. With or without forearm flexing force you will change the weight on the scale.
is a stupid argument, you shouldn't be touching anything on weight in let alone pushing lightly on the towel.

I'm probably just being a dick. My apologies

keep in mind we are talking about 1.2 lbs of force.
Well, if you wanna get technical, force is measured in newtons. He would need to find a way of displacing like 12 N of force to make himself 1.2 lbs lighter on the scale

I think Weidman grinds Mousasi to a clear UD or a late stoppage when Moose gets reckless trying to make things happen.
I think Rumble stuffs a TD or 2 and blasts Cormier back up to HW.
I think Alves has just enough fight in him to piece up Cote on the feet.

It is humorous that people act like this is some great mystery and think that Isaac Newton needs to weigh in (pun intended) on the possiblility of DC's little trick being possible. Come on guys, he cheated at the weigh in and got away with it. It will be much harder for someone else to try this trick, ecspecially in a high profile title fight. I ain't knocking him.....I am glad the fight is still on and that he got away with it, but call it what it is. He cheated...in broad day light....the NYSAC is a north bound fart ahead of the Texas commision with regard to competance.....but he got away with it. Kudos to him, the fight goes on....even if he is a cheater.

Yea. It's what got me worked up. It's soooo damn obvious. But oh well

You don't need to push down, you just need your 2 forearms to weight less, that what he did.

if this was an old trick then why did dc push down on the towel?

he shouldve know that the weight of his hands alone would be enough

If @SBJJ keeps getting worked up over #towelgate and making fun of Luca Fraudy hes a shoe in to be the next #elite HoF member

if this was an old trick then why did dc push down on the towel?

he shouldve know that the weight of his hands alone would be enough
obviously is not enough since he weight in exactly 205 lbs with a soft push.

Added: Calvillo+Jury/Torre o1,5+Cummins+Bibulatov+Emmet 300 to win 1920

Last edited:
does anyone have a reference (hs,college,pro) where dcs trick has ever been performed before?

forget that it has been proven to be successful, just if an athlete has ever tried it before

Why do u think he pressed down on the towel? Good God. I've seen it tried before. But it's usually stopped. I'm amazed they didn't make him remove his hands. Go try it if u don't believe it. He 100% knew what he was doing. And if you don't think losing 1.2lbs after draining your body to its limit is hard as hell then you have never cut weight.

Sorry man, I just constantly see you arguing the craziest things when you back guys. It makes it seem like you think it's more a game of who is right and wrong and not the facts that are being presented in front of us
I also think anyone who bet DC before yesterday and is not honestly worried by this probably didn't really bet that much on him. I'd be very nervous if I had a decent bet on him
I am super nervous, I max bet DC at -106 hoping to hedge out for profit on fight day. Now don't known what to do with my 16 units bet, even 5 units I be nervous ...lol.

But the towel shenanigans should favor DC, he will weight 1.2 lbs more on top of re-hydration and no extra stress on his body to cut that 1.2 lbs. If DC wins, the Rumble backer will be upset what happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back