U.S. Births Dip To 30-Year Low;

So your apparent 5 private school kids are proof you know about public school and being poor??
you're claim was that I didnt know jack what I was talking about, good try at twisting.

Men get screwed in courts and women initiate almost 70% of divorces.

I have heard so many stories of men paying child support and their ex screwing them over by saying they did not pay it or finding ways to force them to pay more.
they certainly do, and that's probably a big factor in regards to birthrates.

you're claim was that I didnt know jack what I was talking about, good try at twisting.

I'm saying you are clearly out of touch with the average American if you think kids are not expensive.

What are your yearly outgoings?

Youre either rich, heavily supported (non governmental), or full of shit. Imo of course.

Last edited:
Because successful reproduction means you get to ensure that your genes and culture continue? Yeah fapping and video games and drinking and sending dick pics to fellow sherdoggers is fun and all, but to not reproduce is to fail at life in the long run

I get that biological motivation, but I don't think that is why people have kids.

Children are not expensive, they are just not needed like they used to be. Society provides a lot of safety nets where the government will help take care of you when your old and give you a pension. In the past kids used to fill that role thus it was necessary to have children because they were a safety net. I have a couple of kids right now and i do spend money on them including tuition plus other activities. They are not so expensive that a middle class person isnt able to afford them but rather a lot of people dont want to be responsible for a child and there is nothing wrong in that.

Today’s economy and liberal culture are not supportive of families. Not only is it hard to support a family with one income these days, but feminism/liberalism looks down on the family unit.
Do you actually believe liberals are the reason for income and wage stagnation? Because I can tell you it's far from a partisan issue and is an effect going back decades.

The really pathetic part is you've managed to convince at least two dummies that your completely retarded comment is true.

Children are not expensive, they are just not needed like they used to be. Society provides a lot of safety nets where the government will help take care of you when your old and give you a pension. In the past kids used to fill that role thus it was necessary to have children because they were a safety net. I have a couple of kids right now and i do spend money on them including tuition plus other activities. They are not so expensive that a middle class person isnt able to afford them but rather a lot of people dont want to be responsible for a child and there is nothing wrong in that.
Sounds like something a person without children would say

Do you actually believe liberals are the reason for income and wage stagnation? Because I can tell you it's far from a partisan issue and is an effect going back decades.

The really pathetic part is you've managed to convince at least two dummies that your completely retarded comment is true.
No, I blame liberalism or white people look down on those who choose family over career. Reading comprehension, it’s your friend

Like most developed countries, our birth rates are dropping. The fortunate thing for us is we have a lot of options and demand with immigration and do a lot better with assimilation compared to other developed countries like Germany and Japan. This is why I get a little annoyed with people who aren't just for ending illegal immigration but also want to curb immigration altogether

I know this wasn't the point of your post but I just want to point out that birth rates aren't just dropping in developed countries, but rather ALL countries.

world_fertility_rate_by_region.jpg

There's this widespread notion that "they" are out on a sinister plan to keep birth rates in rich countries low but are doing nothing in poor countries (them white genocides!), but it's just not true.

End abortion for one thing. Paid leave for both parents. Increase the tax subsidy. But it has to be more than that. We need to change our culture. Modern culture has moved away from the individual being part of a greater society. There is no longer a connectivity between fellow Americans. We need to promote television shows that promote the nuclear family. Teach the value of marriage in our schools. Promote a culture where women are not shamed for staying at home.
People can't stay at home and take care of children because it is financial suicide. I know my wife would in a heart beat.

Sounds good, except for the abortion bit. Unfortunately American society is moving in the opposite direction.
Well, ending abortion would help the birthrate issue. Though it would create even more problems..

The problem is people who should be having kids aren't and those that shouldn't be are reproducing at an exponential rate.

i have 2 as per that post
Yeah and I have a hard time believing that. In the past 12 months I've spent >$1000 just on little league fees, uniforms, and equipment for my son. My daughter's dance classes run us $100/mo. We probably spend over $1k just on clothes and shoes for them every year as well. Add in vacations/trips, food, etc and 2 kids is basically like having a 2nd mortgage. It's doable and the child tax credit helps, but "children are not expensive" couldn't be further from the truth- I mean as long as you aren't depriving them.

Yeah and I have a hard time believing that. In the past 12 months I've spent >$1000 just on little league fees, uniforms, and equipment for my son. My daughter's dance classes run us $100/mo. We probably spend over $1k just on clothes and shoes for them every year as well. Add in vacations/trips, food, etc and 2 kids is basically like having a 2nd mortgage. It's doable and the child tax credit helps, but "children are not expensive" couldn't be further from the truth- I mean as long as you aren't depriving them.

i spend more on tuition but i see that as more of an investment than a expense. I dont spend 1 k per year on clothes for them as they are in elementary school so we shall see what will happen when they hit their teenage years. Furthermore, if your making food mostly at home and eat out once a week than i dont see it as a big expense. Trips/vacations are choices that people make and they are not necessities or add a lot of value but having said that i do end up spending 8k on flights alone every two years. I just like hearing middle class people complain about kids being expensive when poor people have four of them. Kids arent so fragile that they will break unless you spend half of your salary on them. I wish i had three kids.

I know this wasn't the point of your post but I just want to point out that birth rates aren't just dropping in developed countries, but rather ALL countries.

world_fertility_rate_by_region.jpg

There's this widespread notion that "they" are out on a sinister plan to keep birth rates in rich countries low but are doing nothing in poor countries (them white genocides!), but it's just not true.

Most countries are on their way to becoming a developed country and that is one of the precursors or symptoms of becoming one. Most of Africa is still outside of that range and will be our last stage of the global population boom. When I was saying the context of America's low brithrates, it wasn't meaning just because of the stats this year. It's been low for sometime as your graph shows. I find it interesting a lot of people still assume India has a high birthrate when they've level out for some time.

Edit- to your last comment. Yea, people are just dumb. What happens is families in poor countries have more children because of the morality rate and it lowers as the morality rate drops off. The phase between the drop usually causes a population boom because society doesn't account for it initially.

adopt more asian babies... your descendants are all going to be mostly asian eventually anyhoo...

End abortion for one thing. Paid leave for both parents. Increase the tax subsidy. But it has to be more than that. We need to change our culture. Modern culture has moved away from the individual being part of a greater society. There is no longer a connectivity between fellow Americans. We need to promote television shows that promote the nuclear family. Teach the value of marriage in our schools. Promote a culture where women are not shamed for staying at home.
IMO the nuclear family is insufficient, we should promote the extended family. A single income isn't enough anymore for most and even if it was to expect one person to shoulder most of the burden of childcare is not feasible if you want parenthood to be attractive. In addition senior isolation is increasingly a problem, many elderly go without human contact for up to a week which isn't good for their mental health and makes them even more vulnerable to a crisis of health. Taking part in the care of their grandchildren gives them purpose which is good for them, their children, and their grandchildren.

I have a cousin who has two children and both her and her husband work. They also take at least one vacation a year. How do they pull this off? Because she remains close to her mother and siblings and that wider support network alleviates the burden of childcare. Whenever she comes to visit the states she always brings her mom who, along with myself, help her look after her kids. To be fair she is also fairly rich so that also helps but I know of other examples where you have multiple generations raising a child. One family I know of had a daughter who gave birth at 18 and so her son was lucky enough to meet his great-grandfather, meaning that boy's grandparents are young enough to be healthy and capable caretakers for sometime.

Last edited:
Back