Social U of T Professor Attcks PC Culture, Rejects Genderless Pronouns and the Black Liberation Collective

dontsnitch

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
http://news.nationalpost.com/news/c...s-in-video-refuses-to-use-genderless-pronouns

Jordan Peterson (who is a white male! - the article ensures that we know this) is objecting to the Trudeau's Bill C-16, which proposes to outlaw harassment and discrimination based on gender identity and gender expression. He decries what he claims are attempts by the university to transform its human resources department into “a politically correct institution.”

“I don’t recognize another person’s right to determine what pronouns I use to address them. I won’t do it.”

“The pronoun issue is straightforward, I won’t mouth the words of ideologues, because when you do that you become a puppet for their ideology... it's incoherent, over-inclusive and all encompassing and has had a disproportionate impact on language used by other government bodies”

He went public after receiving a memo outlining new mandatory anti-racist and anti-bias training.

“That disturbs me because if someone asked me to take anti-bias training, I think I am agreeing that I am sufficiently racist or biased to need training,”

He continues saying he is concerned the university is consulting groups like the Black Liberation Collective on campus policy matters, noting he respects their right to exist and protest, but questioning their credentials to offer expert opinion.

“I have no problem with them, people can organize themselves however they want, but I have an issue with U of T considering them a legitimate policy advisor. I don’t think there is any evidence U of T is a racist university. I think we have done an extraordinary job of building a multi-racial and multi-ethnic university and community, better so than almost all schools.”

Needless to say, he's not the most popular person right now. You don't hear about many people in such institutions standing up to PC culture like this. He has a lecture in the link which sparked all of this.

“That disturbs me because if someone asked me to take anti-bias training, I think I am agreeing that I am sufficiently racist or biased to need training,”

Hmmm...

"That disturbs me because if someone asked me to get ethics approval for my research, I think I am agreeing that I am sufficiently unethical to need prior approval of my research."

Nope, argument doesn't check out.

I for one am happy to finally see someone standing up for their beliefs instead of just quietly going along with it. I don't think it's going to go well for him.

@ehtheist, did you say you were affiliated with U of T? If so, do you know anything more than the media is showing?

Good for him. The PC brigade needs some push back, preferably from within the institutions where a lot of this stuff originates.

Hmmm...

"That disturbs me because if someone asked me to get ethics approval for my research, I think I am agreeing that I am sufficiently unethical to need prior approval of my research."

Would you agree to go to an AA meeting?

No self respecting man or white man would agree to this insanity.

Unless by doing it it helps your own group. It is in black supremacist interests to bash the white man and to get them to surrender power and influence. Just like it is in Muslim interests to vote for liberal politicians who will protect Muslims from criticism and ensure they can bring many of their friends and relatives over into the country they are squatting in and receive generous benefits.

I for one am happy to finally see someone standing up for their beliefs instead of just quietly going along with it. I don't think it's going to go well for him.

@ehtheist, did you say you were affiliated with U of T? If so, do you know anything more than the media is showing?

Snitch, nope, I'm in Alberta and only really have contact with Western Canadian universities. I don't like the outlook for anyone adopting this guy's stance though.

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/...rested-in-teaching-on-women-authors-1.1868197

Toronto seems to be a hotbed for guys bucking the trend... I wish them luck. I'm essential in hiding for fear of losing any hope of future employment.

He goes on to claim the LGBTI community “has become extraordinarily good at organizing themselves and has a fairly pronounced and very, very sophisticated radical fringe.”

Is that a typo? Wtf is lgbti?

Snitch, nope, I'm in Alberta and only really have contact with Western Canadian universities. I don't like the outlook for anyone adopting this guy's stance though.

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/...rested-in-teaching-on-women-authors-1.1868197

Toronto seems to be a hotbed for guys bucking the trend... I wish them luck. I'm essential in hiding for fear of losing any hope of future employment.

Sorry, not sure why I thought you were U of T.

Yeah that was a good story, what ever became of him? Face up in the gutter?

Hmmm...

It doesn't check out because you replaced training with approval. If you had said, "get ethics training for your research", your example would have been comparable.

Getting approval to do something does not carry an implicit accusation of guilt whereas the suggestion that you need training implies you are lacking in something.

Sorry, not sure why I thought you were U of T.

Yeah that was a good story, what ever became of him? Face up in the gutter?

Actually not sure. Will look into it when no longer on phone. My suspicion is that his contract was simply not renewed and that was that m

Actually not sure. Will look into it when no longer on phone. My suspicion is that his contract was simply not renewed and that was that m

Canada is heading in a direction that I don't approve of. "We" are adopting the struggles of the US.

Did you see the story of Trudeau taking a selfie with a guy who is under investigation by the RCMP for the kidnapping of two American journalists in Syria?

The news depresses the hell out of me.

Would you agree to go to an AA meeting?
It would be weird for an AA meeting to be part of the standard mandatory workplace training suite, but if it was, then sure I would. I might be bored and feel like my time could be better spent, but whatever, I'm still getting paid.

It doesn't check out because you replaced training with approval. If you had said, "get ethics training for your research", your example would have been comparable.

Getting approval to do something does not carry an implicit accusation of guilt whereas the suggestion that you need training implies you are lacking in something.
Let's try it your way then.

"That disturbs me because if someone asked me to get research ethics training, I think I am agreeing that I am sufficiently unethical to need research ethics training."

Still doesn't check out.

It would be weird for an AA meeting to be part of the standard mandatory workplace training suite, but if it was, then sure I would. I might be bored and feel like my time could be better spent, but whatever, I'm still getting paid.

Yeah, it would be weird.

:oops: I just googled. They added intersex now, I had no idea.

Intersex are the only real people who have a legitimate complaint. They should be indignant with the TQ in LGBTQI.

Let's try it your way then.

"That disturbs me because if someone asked me to get research ethics training, I think I am agreeing that I am sufficiently unethical to need research ethics training."

Still doesn't check out.
What doesn't check out?

Wow, reading his twitter -- other professors are after him; calling him a bigot (lefty playbook play Call #1) and he's simply retorting by challenging all who do, to public debates (smart)

Kind of proud of my Alma Mater for having profs like this guy still around. Thought for sure UoT would be the first to succumb to all out pc implementation

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ufc925
Back