Social U of T Professor Attcks PC Culture, Rejects Genderless Pronouns and the Black Liberation Collective

And here's an account from someone who was there on Reddit. Or claims he was there I should say, but I see no reason to think that this guy is bullshitting:

https://www.reddit.com/r/JordanPete...t_went_down_at_mcmaster_today_from_a_student/
Wow. It's sad that people who's views on socio-political matters have just been cemented after a year or two on a college campus (most likely) have already closed off their minds to evolving beyond those views that make them the most popular amongst their peers.

Am I crazy, or does Peterson side-step the question and go on about archetypes? Don't get me wrong, I love when he breaks things down like this, but I'm starting to feel anxious at him not directly answering the obvious. Maybe it's just me.
He sure does side step that question. From what I gathered from the last Harris podcast is that he obviously doesn't take religious stories literally nor does he believe in an afterlife. But the way he dodges saying as much is rather frustrating.

He sure does side step that question. From what I gathered from the last Harris podcast is that he obviously doesn't take religious stories literally nor does he believe in an afterlife. But the way he dodges saying as much is rather frustrating.

I agree that he's dodging, but I also don't think he sees it as a dodge. He probably takes a lot of stuff for granted given that he's on a higher level, so to speak. I'm willing to bet that if you corner him and specifically ask him a direct question, he would give an intelligent answer.

I'm curious as to why you think he doesn't believe in an afterlife, I can't recall hearing him say anything about it.

I agree that he's dodging, but I also don't think he sees it as a dodge. He probably takes a lot of stuff for granted given that he's on a higher level, so to speak. I'm willing to bet that if you corner him and specifically ask him a direct question, he would give an intelligent answer.

I'm curious as to why you think he doesn't believe in an afterlife, I can't recall hearing him say anything about it.
From memory, in the 2nd Harris podcast Sam says something about how it's a bit absurd when religious people believe the stories actually happened or when they believe that we survive bodily death and it sounded like JP conceded that.

@dontsnitch

Start a v2 of this thread, plz. You may rename the title if that suits you and the thread (if the conversation has evolved towards a larger topic from the OP's story). Please include a link to this thread in the OP for v2.

I will close this one down once you've created v2.

Back