Tyson says punching power is something you are born with

252018-paulie-malignaggi-poses-portrait-following.jpg

Tyson says punching power is something you are born with​

I mean this is common knowledge. Yeah a man needs the proper form to get the most out of that natural power. but at the end of the day genetics is the sundae while training is just the cherry on top

A lot of the greats talk about natural punchers as being born with the gift. Craziest is a guy like Foreman talking about the most powerful ones. Here is foreman who others said would KO you with a glancing blow describe the pain from the heavier hitters.

I used to love watching ESPN classic when they would show old fights feom the 70s. The divisions were a who's who of guys who could takebyour head off.

A lot of the greats talk about natural punchers as being born with the gift. Craziest is a guy like Foreman talking about the most powerful ones. Here is foreman who others said would KO you with a glancing blow describe the pain from the heavier hitters.

Foreman is a perfect example of someone born with power. In videos i have seen of him hitting the heavy bag, he looks like he's not even trying and yet you can hear the thud when he hits the bag and realize he had scary power. Shavers is one of, if not the only guy who from what i've heard hit harder than Foreman.

Foreman is a perfect example of someone born with power. In videos i have seen of him hitting the heavy bag, he looks like he's not even trying and yet you can hear the thud when he hits the bag and realize he had scary power. Shavers is one of, if not the only guy who from what i've heard hit harder than Foreman.
Do you think you could take Xena in a 1v1 though?

Punching power can be trained with the right training but you wont reach the power of Wilder. Any1 with shreds when it comes to sport science and basics physics knows that hes a genetic anomaly.

But to gain punching power as a someone who isnt """born""" with it, you have to stay in shape, need the right training and should prevent injuries as much as possible.

The modern era of power is boring as shit since most of the time the power guys got a 15-25lbs advantage over their opponents.

I seen a old interview of Foreman where he talked about how he was scared of this one boxer who had insane punching power. I think he was talking about Shavers. I have to find it again. It tells you something when I guy like Foreman says no that dude hit the hardest.

Mike's very very docile when reporters aren't badgering him. This video is an example of why I've always maintained he'd make a good trainer someday. His knowledge of execution of technique is flawless, and his knowledge of History of the Sport is also just as good.

He's a different guy when you getting him talking about boxing, Mike is a savant.

Raised by a world class trainer with maybe the biggest boxing film library ever that Mike devoured.

Love hearing Mike talk boxing (or weirdly enough prowrasslin) history.

Last edited:
I seen a old interview of Foreman where he talked about how he was scared of this one boxer who had insane punching power. I think he was talking about Shavers. I have to find it again. It tells you something when I guy like Foreman says no that dude hit the hardest.
It was Shavers.

Thing everybody says about Sharvers is every punch was heavy and they all hurt, blocked or not.

Just read a article on Shavers. He was a contender who lost chances to Ali and Holmes. Ali's fight doctor recommended he retire after that bout. Holmes said after his win in the second fight that the punch that knocked him down was the hardest he has ever been hit. You are born with power like that.

Last edited:
Shavers and Mike both are definitely was the definition of that statement. Not particularly big guys, but almost see the kinetic energy loading from the ground up when they threw punches.

Ernie was almost like a video game character. Crazy powerful in a myriad of punches, would just unload where ever he could, but his chin was the the polar opposite

He seems bipolar out the wazoo

I can imagine him training "hmm okay jim, yeah 1-2, good job, a little faster on that 2, JIM I SAID A LITTLE FUCKING FASTER ON THAT 2 YOU LITTLE ***GOT"

*chomp*

This is so fucking funny. but this comment is from 2008. It's crazy cuz back in 2008 we all still thought Mike Tyson was this crazy batshit insane guy. But he matured up so much in the last decade, having a zen/sage like presence, and even showing some vulnerable sides to him we never thought we'd see.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back