News Tyson Fury vs Oleksandr Usyk Undisputed Heavyweight title fight is set to take place in Saudi Arabia on May 18

Who wins?

• Total voters
I don't even know how it's pick em on odds, Usyk for obvious reasons should be the favorite. We all know Fury can win but Usyk has more advantages in this match up.

I don't even know how it's pick em on odds, Usyk for obvious reasons should be the favorite. We all know Fury can win but Usyk has more advantages in this match up.
Fury has all of the physical advantages though. He was always going to be the betting favorite just like AJ was.

Fury has all of the physical advantages though. He was always going to be the betting favorite just like AJ was.

Myth. Every man Fury's height has the same "physical" advantages. By physical I don't only include dimensions, but athletic performance ability as well. And that's a department Usyk would win all day.

I suspect Fury is juicing but I don't think it makes much of a difference here.

Myth. Every man Fury's height has the same "physical" advantages. By physical I don't only include dimensions, but athletic performance ability as well. And that's a department Usyk would win all day.
Physical advantages are height, reach, weight, and overall frame size. Athleticism usually isn't included but yes athletically Usyk holds the edge in agility, coordination, speed, reflexes, balance, stamina, while Fury only has the power & strength advantages.

Yes - Fat Dan confirmed it with a source and you can hear it in the video.
Saw it now from POV in insta. It's 223 but everyone including Fury thought it was 233. A unintentional chaos causing error lol

Physical advantages are height, reach, weight, and overall frame size. Athleticism usually isn't included but yes athletically Usyk holds the edge in agility, coordination, speed, reflexes, balance, stamina, while Fury only has the power & strength advantages.

The second set of advantages are actual advantages. In pro boxing the first set is mostly just parameters.

Wouldn't hurry about strength. In the weight room I'm sure Usyk lifts more than Fury in most exercises.

Wouldn't hurry about strength. In the weight room I'm sure Usyk lifts more than Fury in most exercises.
Usyk probably does lift more in the weight room but functional strength in a boxing match is all that matters here. Fury is obviously much bigger and expected to be stronger and more powerful. Usyk is more skilled and athletic overall.

Fury's size advantage is huge, and goes some way to nullify speed/reflex/balance/stamina advantages. For his height, Fury has very good speed/reflex/balance/stamina so no, there are degrees of advantage and not "every man Fury's height" has as small a disadvantage in these areas as Fury does. There is no other boxer of Fury's size ever seen who has the speed/reflex/balance/stamina of Fury.

seriously, did you not see Usyk weigh in with jeans, trainers and a chain round his neck

i swear some of you are fucking retarded
No. I did not watch the weigh ins. I was at work. All I saw were the numbers online

Subtract the weight of Usyk's pants, belt and necklace and he weighs the same as he has in his last few fights which is 221 lbs. There's no difference.

Check out the size difference.

Tyson-Fury-vs-Oleksandr-Usyk_pose-2.jpg

Why does it look so magnified here compared to previous meetings?

Back