Tyson Fury donated his entire £8 million purse to charity and is an absolute hero.

Are people still believing a pre-fight comment made for publicity?

Fury hasn't and likely won't donate any of his purse to charity.

Having Jesus in your soul makes you do some strange things. Religion is very subjective but if, and I mean IF, God exists...Tyson Fury will be getting a high five off the fucker when he strolls through the pearly gates.

Shame I won't see it from where I'll be.
Since you are such a Fury fan maybe you will see it from down there......

But it would end up being a KO for GOD! LOL

To be fair, a huge chunk of Foreman’s high KO percentage was built on fights against absolute tomato cans in both his first and second careers. In career one he has notable KO’s over Frazier, Norton, and Lyle. And Norton was never known for his chin strength, and Frazier kept getting up after being absolutely pounded. And Lyle eventually fell more due to exhaustion than any Foreman punch.
And in career two, Foreman blasted an inactive, fragile, fresh-out-of-rehab Gerry Cooney, a fake contender in Adilson Rodriguez, and then took the title from a chinny Michael Moorer. Is it possible that George Foreman gets too much credit for being a bone-breaking, concussive puncher?

Dude...he ko'd joe f''''cking frazier in 2 rounds...he has the highest ko% of any heavyweight in history...there is no comparison...one needs to consider opposition also...he ko'd joe freaken frazier...and he wiped out ken norton...norton at that time was a legit top fighter...wilder hasn't beaten anyone even remotely close to frazier level...forget about career 2...I don't even count that, to be honest...he was 50lbs heavier, much much slower...and his punches were much less effective.

Judging who is the hardest puncher is really an inexact science. All we can do is speculate. We can also take the word of common opponents who have fought several big punchers and can therefore give their personal opinions as to who hit harder between certain fighters, but at the end of the day, it’s nothing that can realistically be proven, at least not in any real-world sense, including having guys punch those arcade-style psi punch machines.

Wilder definitely hits hard judging by all the guys he’s knocked out, and how he’s knocked them out. But whose to say that he hits any harder than Gerry Cooney did, or Bonecrusher Smith, or Razor Ruddock? What about David Tua or Tommy Morrison? And of course guys like Foreman and Shavers and Tyson. It’s really hard to say.

level of opposition has to be taken into account...while he's ko'd bums...foreman ko'd joe frazier, ken norton, ron lyle..in his first career, which is what I go by, not his fat later career...he was virtually unstoppable..only losing to ali and young...he always had trouble with tricky boxers...and lets not forget sonny liston..that guy hit like a truck..with way better technique than wilder.

Fury said Wilder was the hardest puncher.

Though I do agree about Foreman and Shavers

complimenting a guy you beat...it's very typical...even though it was technically a draw..pretty much everyone thought fury won the fight..

Are people still believing a pre-fight comment made for publicity?

Fury hasn't and likely won't donate any of his purse to charity.
I was about to heap praise on him and then I read this. So can anyone confirm, has Tyson Fury actually donated his purse to charity? Seems like a bit of a strange thing (as he has trainers/promoters to pay) to do unless he's got some other money coming in that we don't know about.

They're truly shameless and pathetic, Tyson will donate £8 million to charity because he feels an affinity with the downtrodden and less fortunate and knows their pain and wants to make a difference, Conor on the other hand may throw out a random 10k purely for PR reasons to the homeless hoping it will hit the tabloids and make him look good, the difference is night and day, and it will be reflected in how they are remembered 50 years from now.

Also polar opposites as fighters.

Tyson is all heart and a true Irish Warrior!

Always respected Fury. You can just tell when there is a real man behind the character/gimmick

He says he was going to donate his purse.

Whether he does is still up for debate since he has not done so as of now.

Two days ago it was stated the money would be used to build new homes for the homeless in Manchester.

Dude...he ko'd joe f''''cking frazier in 2 rounds...he has the highest ko% of any heavyweight in history...there is no comparison...one needs to consider opposition also...he ko'd joe freaken frazier...and he wiped out ken norton...norton at that time was a legit top fighter...wilder hasn't beaten anyone even remotely close to frazier level...forget about career 2...I don't even count that, to be honest...he was 50lbs heavier, much much slower...and his punches were much less effective.

Norton had a mediocre chin. And Frazier got knocked down six times and got up six times in fight number one. And Lyle fell more from exhaustion than from punches. Foreman hit hard obviously, but he was not a one-punch KO artist.

Since my first trainer died in 2015 I've found it really hard to box again.

This is truly inspiring. Gonna get myself down the gym on monday night.

They're truly shameless and pathetic, Tyson will donate £8 million to charity because he feels an affinity with the downtrodden and less fortunate and knows their pain and wants to make a difference, Conor on the other hand may throw out a random 10k purely for PR reasons to the homeless hoping it will hit the tabloids and make him look good, the difference is night and day, and it will be reflected in how they are remembered 50 years from now.
I used to hate Conor too but behind the scenes he has helped out, both are very generous with their money

Awesome move by Fury

Having Jesus in your soul makes you do some strange things. Religion is very subjective but if, and I mean IF, God exists...Tyson Fury will be getting a high five off the fucker when he strolls through the pearly gates.

Shame I won't see it from where I'll be.

If, and I mean IF, the Greek Gods exist, Fury will swim in the river Styx and talk to Hades and Persephone after his death.

Two days ago it was stated the money would be used to build new homes for the homeless in Manchester.

That was still just news outlets and journalists (who don't follow boxing) reporting his pre-fight comments. Nothing has yet actually been said by Fury or his camp in regards to giving the money to a charity or setting up a fund for the homeless etc etc post-fight.

That was still just news outlets and journalists (who don't follow boxing) reporting his pre-fight comments. Nothing has yet actually been said by Fury or his camp in regards to giving the money to a charity or setting up a fund for the homeless etc etc post-fight.

Moving millions of pounds takes legal solicitation. It'll take time to sort it all out.

Norton had a mediocre chin. And Frazier got knocked down six times and got up six times in fight number one. And Lyle fell more from exhaustion than from punches. Foreman hit hard obviously, but he was not a one-punch KO artist.

foreman is considered the hardest puncher ever...and one punch ko artist..well, pretty much nobody is...all of the best ko fighters who ever lived, normally require multiple shots to put the guy down...they all have some fights where they ko'd the guy with one shot...same with tyson..and frazier was an undefeated world champion who just beat ali, and is one of the best heavyweights whose ever lived...all one has to do is watch foremans fight with frazier and see the scary power he had...go watch it again...that fight was freaken scary...he hit so hard...to put such a beating on a guy like frazier...it was shocking to see...oh, you say that ron lyle went out due to exhaustion...well, another guy considered to be one of the top hardest hitters ever, Ernie shavers...he was unable to stop Lyle...but foreman did...weird thing was, so did ali..haha and he wasn't really a hard puncher...

Back