Tyson Fury donated his entire £8 million purse to charity and is an absolute hero.

Since my first trainer died in 2015 I've found it really hard to box again.

This is truly inspiring. Gonna get myself down the gym on monday night.
Go get 'em, Champ!

Is there proof this actually happened? Why not just establish his own charity with that much money?

If it is true then that is absoutley fantastic. Big respect!! , I like him more and more.

This hasn't happened and isn't likely to happen. #Fake News

They're truly shameless and pathetic, Tyson will donate £8 million to charity because he feels an affinity with the downtrodden and less fortunate and knows their pain and wants to make a difference, Conor on the other hand may throw out a random 10k purely for PR reasons to the homeless hoping it will hit the tabloids and make him look good, the difference is night and day, and it will be reflected in how they are remembered 50 years from now.
he may not even do it for PR and is generally a good person. Definitely in different leagues for generosity though.

Are people still believing a pre-fight comment made for publicity?

Fury hasn't and likely won't donate any of his purse to charity.

I think he might donate some of it but his comments didn't say he was giving it all to charity anyway did they?

Didn't he say he'd build hoses for the poor? So I heard that as him building affordable housing and renting them out and not giving them away. If he did that it'd be a smart move. It's the sort of thing all boxers who make it big should do. Buy or build a load of houses, employ someone to manage it all and just bank all the cash you make while still keeping the houses as assets.

I think he might donate some of it but his comments didn't say he was giving it all to charity anyway did they?

Didn't he say he'd build hoses for the poor? So I heard that as him building affordable housing and renting them out and not giving them away. If he did that it'd be a smart move. It's the sort of thing all boxers who make it big should do. Buy or build a load of houses, employ someone to manage it all and just bank all the cash you make while still keeping the houses as assets.

The thing with Tyson Fury is that he's either very bad at conveying a sarcastic tone, or he's a pathological liar. Earlier in the year, he convinced the UK media that he had given all his money away to the poor and homeless, and that he was living in a caravan on Jobseekers Allowance.

Now we're expected to believe that he is going to give away his entire purse, as that's what he told the Irish Mirror, to the poor and homeless. It's just another lie to add to many he has told.

People need to understand that fury is a winde up merchant. Whatever he says needs to be taken with a pinch of salt. People taking anything he says literally, clearly do not understand him.

Back