Tyson Fury again announces retirement from boxing

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
We’ve been through this before, so be entirely ready for this to be a total non-story within a matter of days if not hours, but Tyson Fury has publicly announced his retirement from boxing via his Instagram page:

Screen_Shot_2017_07_26_at_2.54.25_PM.png

Fury, 28, did something similar less than a year ago, when last October he announced his retirement and then a few hours later took it back. Fury hasn’t fought since his November 2015 upset win over Wladimir Klitschko, where he won three sanctioning body titles and became the lineal champion of the heavyweight division.

His absence from boxing has come due to concerns about his mental health and some drug issues, as well as a charge from UKAD that he used a banned substance in 2015, which he has vehemently denied. The British Boxing Board of Control suspended his license last year when he admitted to using cocaine to deal with depression.

Fury had entertained the idea of training for a comeback this year, including a potential date in July that was scrapped when his panel hearing over the UKAD charge was postponed. He had ballooned in weight earlier this year, but that was also nothing new for him over his career.

If this is the end for Fury, he leaves boxing with a perfect 25-0 (18 KO) record, and a whole lot of what-ifs.

https://www.badlefthook.com/2017/7/26/16038304/tyson-fury-again-announces-retirement-from-boxing

Seems Bipolar as fucked. Could be drug induced or not.

Was a fan of his, and one of his last supporters on here, posting videos of him recently training, saying he coming back.

But he really needs to fuck off at this point. He can fight Stiverne, and the winners gets the chance to even request a phone call with Wilder's camp.

Fury clearly has mental health issues and even if we do see him box again (which is entirely likely), it's extremely unlikely we'll ever see him near the form he was in against Wlad. It's a shame because he had a fair bit of talent.

If this is the end for Fury, he leaves boxing with a perfect 25-0 (18 KO) record, and a whole lot of what-ifs.

Even a comeback and a win would leave a lot of what ifs!

Fury clearly has mental health issues and even if we do see him box again (which is entirely likely), it's extremely unlikely we'll ever see him near the form he was in against Wlad. It's a shame because he had a fair bit of talent.

There is no way he isnt going to blow through his money. I honestly assumed he already did, and was needing the comeback fight or two. He would have made a LOT more vs AJ than he did vs Wlad.

At this point tho, that is now off the table. Everyone, even his fans like me, know he is worthless at this point. He would need a solid warm up, where he looked in shape and good boxing form, for anyone to be taking him seriously.

Even up until the last week and a half or so (where he started making public comments again that sound retiringish), he could have come back straight to AJ and make a mega fight. But this is now like his 4th or 5th failure at attempting to come back since the Wlad win.

Really wish he would've defended his belt a couple of times, but his marbles are loose and who knows how that affects him in training. Probably for the best. No need to wrangle other fighters into his own problems by signing contracts he might not be able to honor.

Fury would have gotten smashed by AJ if all this bs never happened. He knows he cant be relied upon anymore.

Lol, that looks so halfhearted, I think it's another smug attempt to get people riled up over how much of a circus he's put on since 2015. He'll be back.

This is what he should have done all those months back when pictures of him surfaced being huge.

Rather than saying he's coming back to KO everybody.

Have some dignity. Say you're bowing out as the GOAT. Then IF he manages to lose it, come back and shock the world.

Really wish he would've defended his belt a couple of times, but his marbles are loose and who knows how that affects him in training. Probably for the best. No need to wrangle other fighters into his own problems by signing contracts he might not be able to honor.
I think he was shocked by his achievement and can't face falling from that peak. Of course I might be talking out of my arse but there it is.

He didn't explicitly say he has retired so, he's probably going to dance around it for awhile, maybe take it back, then hint that he's going to retire again, etc etc, until there's an actual decision made or until he just fades away into obscurity. I personally think he'll have another fight eventually but never win a world title again.

I think he was shocked by his achievement and can't face falling from that peak. Of course I might be talking out of my arse but there it is.

I think Fury likes that he can fall back on being an undefeated Heavyweight champion, the man who dethroned Wlad and all, retiring and forever staying that way is fine. Although Wlad was 40 vs Fury and 41 vs Joshua, it's pretty clear Wlad was better than both, his time had just come. But I in no way think that's WHY Fury retired, I think life simply got the best of him even though boxing hadn't yet.

I definitely think Tyson Fury has legitimate problems though, it's no easy task to eat yourself into such obesity, so fast when you're 6'9.. he's putting the late Gandolfini to shame. He also exhibits signs of bipolarism and severe depression. You can even tell from the way Fury talks, he isn't the most well adjusted person. Fury might come back to boxing though if he doesn't die first, he only made 7 million or so from the Wlad fight and that was the only big money fight of his career but I don't expect much from such a return.

ceylan-lowe-fury-KGZ-1.jpg

I think Fury likes that he can fall back on being an undefeated Heavyweight champion, the man who dethroned Wlad and all, retiring and forever staying that way is fine. Although Wlad was 40 vs Fury and 41 vs Joshua, it's pretty clear Wlad was better than both, his time had just come. But I in no way think that's WHY Fury retired, I think life simply got the best of him even though boxing hadn't yet.

Well, AJ was green as fuck, so its too early to tell if Wladimir was ever his superior. I know which I'd rather watch, Wladimir formulated a way to win but it was never pleasant to watch.
The huge chunk of cash Fury could earn will inevitably bring him back. I hope it ends well for him but I have my doubts.

Who gives a shit. How many times will we have a "Fury is retiring" thread?

Dude hasnt fought in nearly two years and is about 800lbs. He isnt jumping back in the mix regardless.

Seriously fury seems to have retired at least once a week for ages.

Well, AJ was green as fuck, so its too early to tell if Wladimir was ever his superior. I know which I'd rather watch, Wladimir formulated a way to win but it was never pleasant to watch.
The huge chunk of cash Fury could earn will inevitably bring him back. I hope it ends well for him but I have my doubts.

AJ was green but Wlad was 41....and Wlad still looked like the better guy out there for most of the fight.

You can outbox someone but not stay on your feet. Ask Jermain Taylor.

I definitely think Tyson Fury has legitimate problems though, it's no easy task to eat yourself into such obesity, so fast when you're 6'9.. he's putting the late Gandolfini to shame. He also exhibits signs of bipolarism and severe depression. You can even tell from the way Fury talks, he isn't the most well adjusted person. Fury might come back to boxing though if he doesn't die first, he only made 7 million or so from the Wlad fight and that was the only big money fight of his career but I don't expect much from such a return.

ceylan-lowe-fury-KGZ-1.jpg

The fucking size of him there

Back