Tyrone Woodley is the weakest WW champ ever even Matt Serra was better

Serra beat arguably the greatest fighter of all time, made him tap to strikes. Tyrone won a disputable decision over Thompson, then got a draw before that.

Uhh...are we forgetting the KO of lawler?
Yeah..selective memory...

Shows how shitty the division is that he's "champ". His fight with Gastelum and his second Wonderboy fight were snoozers. He's literally 10x more boring than GSP.

I don't know what to make of Tryon. I loved gsp and Lawler and his ko of lawler is an awesome win but the guy is a douche...makes him hard to like.

Tyrone is the weakest WW champ the division has ever seen, there's no denying this. His win over Lawler is nice, I'll give him that, other than that win he hasn't done shit. He has a fucking draw and the most boring title defense in ufc WW history against Thompson, wants to fight Nick Diaz and Conor, ducks Hector Lombard long before he was champ when this was the fight to make.

Matt Serra knocked out prime GSP, something Tyrone will never do. Hell Tyrone isn't knocking out any version of GSP. If Tyrone somehow gets past Maia and ends up facing GSP, he's going to get decisioned.
I'm calling racism

This is the most racist fucking thread I've ever seen. How dare you TS. How dare you.

Tyron was better than Serra, but he is wayyy overrated.
Woodley had a great run in Strikeforce, dry humping B level fighters to decisions; some considered him to be the black Jon Fitch
The guy comes to the UFC, gets a gift TKO (by injury) over Condit, then blatantly ducks Lombard and demands a title shot.
He beat Gastelum and sits out 18 months to finally get his title shot. If he were really best welterweight ever, he wouldn't need to be so strategic in choosing his opponents.

Last edited:
Don't disagree, but two of the most boring and disappointing WW fights in recent memory have one thing in common ... Wonderboy. I was so pumped for Rory vs WB, and man that fight sucked.

Obv, blame goes on both for that 209 shit show, but damn. before the fight WB was saying in the first fight he was too cautious, didn't let his hands go, etc. Then in the rematch, he fights perhaps the single most cautious fight ever. He's just as inconsistent as Tyron. Highlight reel KO, then content to not engage and try and outpoint the guy barely in the next. SMH. Let's hope lawler comes back strong.
I don't know, depends on what context you put it in. Wonderboy had never had a boring fight prior to the Woodley fights, as I disagree with you about the WB/Rory fight. It was hardly FOTY candidate, but they both engaged, however Rory was the more tentative one. WB stung him from the outside plenty. If anything, that fight might have been less exciting because of Rory - he was hesitant and never really found any pace.

A better example would be Rory/Tyron. What a fucking snoozer. Everyone criticizes Woodley for that fight but Rory only pressed the action slightly more, hence why he got the win. It just feels like those two are happy to let fights slip away if they never find an opening. Sometimes you have to make openings if the rounds are close and obviously not much is happening.

Wonderboy in the Tyron fights were just weird. I think he saw the Lawler KO and knew he had so much on the line (being a title shot and all) that he just never tried to press the action. Tyron was happy to oblige, and a few explosive moments were enough to get him the nod.

Hopefully none of those three ever square off again.

Well, he's good but nothing special.Surprised Wonderboy couldn't do what he did to Rory

Back