Tyrone Woodley is the weakest WW champ ever even Matt Serra was better

loved it when rory had him against the fence lookin like a kitten on its hind legs batting at a feather

he KO'd lawler. first WB fight was awesome. 2nd one was terrible.
If he beats Maia, will you still say he's the weakest? give the guy a chance for christ's sake. At leasts he defends the belt against #1 contenders.

he's pretty good but man, sometimes the motherfucker can be boring

let's hope demian whoops his ass, and then he can have his third awesome fight with wonderboy

Woodley is just a wildly inconsistent fighter as far as excitement goes, so I get the dislike. I put him in the same ballpark as Rory MacDonald and Mousasi. Phenomenal fighters who can blast through tough competition on a good night, and can circle around and do next to nothing the very next fight.

I must admit I'm never exactly pumped when he's headlining cards for that reason.

If lawler KO's Cerrone, he''ll get next shot. That will be glorious.

KO'd Lawler. Beat Wonderboy twice. Remember when people were saying Tyron would be a break for Lawler after the tough fights he had against Rory and Condit?

Woodley is just a wildly inconsistent fighter as far as excitement goes, so I get the dislike. I put him in the same ballpark as Rory MacDonald and Mousasi. Phenomenal fighters who can blast through tough competition on a good night, and can circle around and do next to nothing the very next fight.

I must admit I'm never exactly pumped when he's headlining cards for that reason.
Don't disagree, but two of the most boring and disappointing WW fights in recent memory have one thing in common ... Wonderboy. I was so pumped for Rory vs WB, and man that fight sucked.

Obv, blame goes on both for that 209 shit show, but damn. before the fight WB was saying in the first fight he was too cautious, didn't let his hands go, etc. Then in the rematch, he fights perhaps the single most cautious fight ever. He's just as inconsistent as Tyron. Highlight reel KO, then content to not engage and try and outpoint the guy barely in the next. SMH. Let's hope lawler comes back strong.

Tyrone is the weakest WW champ the division has ever seen, there's no denying this. His win over Lawler is nice, I'll give him that, other than that win he hasn't done shit. He has a fucking draw and the most boring title defense in ufc WW history against Thompson, wants to fight Nick Diaz and Conor, ducks Hector Lombard long before he was champ when this was the fight to make.

Matt Serra knocked out prime GSP, something Tyrone will never do. Hell Tyrone isn't knocking out any version of GSP. If Tyrone somehow gets past Maia and ends up facing GSP, he's going to get decisioned.
After winning he belt all Serra did was coach TUF and get knocked out by the same guy who knocked him out. You gotta place blame where it's due. The UFC wanted Wonderbread in there so bad as champ that the booked the second fight even thought Dana himself said he thought Thompson lost the first boring fight. Who books a rematch of a shit fight? Hamill "beat" beat Jones, but the UFC saw no reason for a rematch and just left Jones on the winner path, they should have done the same with Tyron and not booked the rematch. He has had some spotty performances for sure, but I don't know if he is the worst champ. He's still better than Big Rig was.

Lol if Woodley beats Maia, then GSP, and is in the GOAT WW discussion

Knocking Robbie Lawler out in the first round will always be a big feather in that mans cap. Say what you will about the excitement level of the wonderboy fights but he still beat him, twice. I feel like after knocking out Demian Maia in the first round he will really start to get some fans but i wont be back to say i told you so

He's got a couple of good title defenses for such a weak champ.

Way to go Wood!

Shit thread.

He took on the number 1 contender twice. And is going to take on the peoples number 1 contender in Maia.

Forrest griffin is the weakest champ in ufc's history, weaker than Serra. Forrest used candy ass leg kicks to try to steal a fight he barely won, then lost it by getting KTFO by another extremely weak champion in rashad Evans another overrated fighter. Matt Serra won his title in the most dominant way possible over one of the greatest fighters ever, then lost it to a great fighter whereas Forrest lost it to a meh fighter. Tyron is a strong champion. If you want weak, look at Forrest griffin

Serra beat arguably the greatest fighter of all time, made him tap to strikes. Tyrone won a disputable decision over Thompson, then got a draw before that.

If you're trying to seem unquestionably stupid keep it up, you're on the right track there buddy.

Man shut the fuck up! Tyron isn't the most exciting but he's far from the worst WW champion ever. I also find it ironic that you'd call him the "weakest" when in reality he's probably the strongest WW champ there has ever been.

he's good enough that Wonderboy is fucking dead afraid to engage him lol, everytime he does he almost gets KTFO'd. WB's still pretty good right? real accomplished n shit

to be fair like EVERYONE got decisioned by GSP...lotta quality fighters got decisioned by GSP so thats not really any stock lossed for Woodley

Tyrone is the weakest WW champ the division has ever seen, there's no denying this. His win over Lawler is nice, I'll give him that, other than that win he hasn't done shit. He has a fucking draw and the most boring title defense in ufc WW history against Thompson, wants to fight Nick Diaz and Conor, ducks Hector Lombard long before he was champ when this was the fight to make.

Matt Serra knocked out prime GSP, something Tyrone will never do. Hell Tyrone isn't knocking out any version of GSP. If Tyrone somehow gets past Maia and ends up facing GSP, he's going to get decisioned.

First off, why the fuck would tryron KO a prme GSP?
Hes fucking retired.
Are you stupid???
How many times did Serra defend his title?
How many times has Conor or Bisping defended theirs?
A draw AND a decision with a KO of Koscheck, Lawler etc.
Hes not the greatest ever, no, but you sound like a whiny bitch....

Back