Tyron Woodley is NOT a boring fighter. Grading all his UFC fights.

1. Maia - Boring fight
2. Thompson - Boring fight
3. Thompson - Fight of the year candidate
4. Lawler - Exciting KO
5. Gaestalum - Ok fight
6. DHK - Solid knock out
7. MacDonald - Solid fight
8. Condit - Solid fight plus a finish
9. Koscheck - Great knock out
10. Shields - Meh/Boring This fight did have it's moments
11. Hieron - Exciting KO

So as we can see out of 11 UFC fights Tyron has only 3 fights that could be considered boring. Of those 3 fights 2 weren't really his fault.

Maia did not go for a finish despite being down 4 rounds to 0, plus Tyron hurt his shoulder.

Woodley vs Wonderboy was both of their faults, both were far too cautious.

Shields vs. Woodley had it's moments that were exciting but Shields is a one dimensional fighter who exclusively looked to tie Woodley up. I don't fault Shields for that personally because hey you gotta do what you gotta do to win.

This narrative that Woodley is a boring safe fighter is silly. If in 2-4 more fights Woodley has more boring decisions and you want to say he's TURNED into a boring or safe fighter I'll agree with you. But at this point that is not a fair label to place on the man.

Yes he is./thread

I thought the first Woodley/Wonderboy fight was fantastic.

Wish Rory were in the UFC because he'd take that belt from Woodley without even trying that hard.

May as well include the Strikeforce fights in there too. Will tip the average.

Nope, he's BORING. I'm off to eat an apple now.

Wish Rory were in the UFC because he'd take that belt from Woodley without even trying that hard.
You're probably right but Rory would have to beat Lawler and Wonderboy first, he's lost to them both and to Lawler twice, some fighters are just bad match ups for others, it's not as simple as Rory being in the UFC, he has to go on a winning streak and make it to Woodley to beat him.

I thought the first Woodley/Wonderboy fight was fantastic.
It was but Sherdoggers are trying to rewrite history in order to call the fight meh now. There were so many people on these boards calling that a FOTY candidate.

Of course he can be exiting, he has one punch KO power which is rare and deadly, and he is vicious explosive and fast

4007de1387c78dae335cb74d02ebce8b56660aa0777d12b8a75208b3e75b479d.jpg

Thompson Woodley 1 a FOTY candidate? It was a bloody draw and 90% of the fight had zero activity.

Woodley is painfully boring. The highlight of his entire career is knocking out Lawler.

I mean, KOing the lineal WW champion of the world in the first round to win the WW championship of the world would be the "highlight" of most fighter's careers.

Thompson Woodley 1 a FOTY candidate? It was a bloody draw and 90% of the fight had zero activity.

Woodley is painfully boring. The highlight of his entire career is knocking out Lawler.

You mean the highlight of his career is getting a knockout to win the world title? No shit, that's the highlight for just about every world champions career. Any other intelligent observations?

Wonderboy is also at fault. He fought like a bitch against Woodley (didn't watch the second fight), maia fight i still have not watched i knew what was going to happen, and he still KTFO robbie so.... someone needs to give him an actual fight

People were calling it fight of you year candidate. Are you disagreeing with that?
Yes. I strongly disagree with that. The first and fourth rounds had a lot of action, especially the fourth. The other three rounds were terrible. It was much better than the rematch, but FOTY? Lol, no.

Woodley represents the very worst aspects of MMA.

His fights are so incredibly un-entertaining and un-watchable.

Watching Worldstarhiphop ghetto hair hat bitches windmill swinging at each other is much, much more entertaining.

The Shields fight had its moments?
I remember that being one of the worst fights I’ve ever seen.

When ben askren can't sleep he watches Tyron woodley fights.

Zzzzzzzzz .... won't take any risks, not even when there isnt a slightly remote chance of his opponent doing anything to him. He'd rather eek out decisions by avoiding fighting 95% of the time and landing a few flurries when his opponent backs him into the cage. His last couple of performances shouldn't really be considered "fights" as there was such a small amount of actual fighting or aggression (almost always with his opponent as the one engaging)

He is boring. And whatever, if he would rather win boring fights and stay champ than take a tiny risk to entertain fans then I suppose that is his choice, but you would have to be delusional to not call him boring based on his last 3 fights.

who the fuck considers the first wonderboy fight good? it was fucking horrible.
Take a look at the highlights again. The fight for a time was considered possible fight of the year. People have short memories. Round 4 alone makes the fight great.

Both Wonderboy fights were boring and so was Gastelum. Also the Rory fight was jab, jab circle....very boring.
People have short memories. Watch the HL's for WB vs Woodley below it was a great fight and people were considering it fight of the year. The Gastelum fight was a normal fight, if that was boring then by your logic the vast majority of MMA fights are boring. The Rory fight also was a solid fight, not amazing but definitely not boring.

Back