Tyron Woodley is NOT a boring fighter. Grading all his UFC fights. | Page 3

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Scyther, Oct 12, 2017.

1. Socialhandgrenade Red Belt

Socialhandgrenade
    I'd have to rewatch the first Thompson fight but I seem to remember being very bored apart from a few flurries and a guillotine attempt. I've seen a few posters refer to it as FOTY and I just don't get it. Both guys were trying to counter and most of the match was a stalemate wasn't it?? I'd had a few drinks that night but i don't recall a fun fight which is why I never bothered with the rematch

2. FlyingDeathKick Brown Belt

FlyingDeathKick
    His power is the only thing exciting about him, his style is incredibly boring. You basically just admitted that Woodley is boring as shit when he doesn't get the finish. The Macdonald fight wasn't that great and he didn't do jack shit in that fight, stood with his back against the cage like usual and took zero chances. The first wonderboy fight was only good because he was able to land cleanly on Wonderboy and Wonderboy was able to survive. 1 exciting rd doesn't make up for 4 boring rds imo.

3. Socialhandgrenade Red Belt

Socialhandgrenade
    I do not remember that many strikes being landed o_O

Thanks for the hl vid

Scyther likes this.
  4. Scyther Black Belt

Scyther
    Tapology had it ranked in the top 12 for UFC fights of the year with a few fights being ahead of Woodley vs. Thompson that definitely weren't better fights.

https://www.tapology.com/rankings/3039-2016-mma-fights-of-the-year

5. NoContest Purple Belt

NoContest
    Except Maia never beat Lawler or Rory or Wonderboy.

6. Blayt7hh Gold Belt

Blayt7hh
    He really goes for the gold when he decides to be boring. The Maia and WB fights were no exaggeration the worst of the year.

7. Bill Laimbeer Brown Belt

Bill Laimbeer
    Any fight can look half decent in hi lights. I have seen Woodley since his Strikeforce days and he has always been boring. Unless he get a ko he is very gun shy and is a blanket when he does get a td.

Zefram Cochrane likes this.
  8. empsim Purple Belt

empsim
    he is by far the most boring champ in the ufc

I'd rather watch a wmma fight than woodley

9. Dirge Brown Belt

Dirge

When I say the highlight, I mean its his only real highlight.... Plenty of top fighters have many defining moments. Is that clear enough for you? He has finished 1 top 10 fighter in the UFC (2 if you count Condit's leg injury, and I'm not certain if that wasn't a combination of factors).

He is in the exact same spot as Bisping in that he got one high profile win that garnered him the championship. If that had not happened he would literally have zero buzz.

Add in his constant whining and playing the perpetual race card when you have fighters like Jones and DC that have been heavily promoted by the UFC, he comes off as a bit of a joke.

10. Scyther Black Belt

Scyther
    What's your point? How are you going to warrant a title shot if two highly ranked guys that already beat you are also vying for a spot? You completely ignored my point which is getting to a title shot isn't so simple.

11. Scyther Black Belt

Scyther
    I've also seen Woodley since his SF days and he has not always been boring. Just off the top of my head the Marquardt and Daley fights were not boring whatsoever.

12. Ramon Antonio Purple Belt

Ramon Antonio
    Let's just say I'm not filled with excitement whenever they announce a Woodley fight.

13. NoContest Purple Belt

NoContest
    There's no justice or logic to title shots. People get them for all sorts of reasons. Examples abound.