Tyron Woodley Is In Discussions To Headline UFC 219. Nothing Yet Finalized.

Arkridge

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score

EDIT: Apparently, may not be Covington.

**Leaked gif of Nick replying to Dana's email with a contract offer

aryI7VI.gif

Last edited:
No thanks.

Edit: unless robbie gets moved up and they make RDA vs Covington. That I could get behind so RDA can advance and shut that loudmouth up. If covington gets a shot, this may be the most annoying rest of the year in MMA news ever.

Against Covington? Hell no.
I thought RDA vs Lawler was a #1 Contender bout?

Against Covington? Hell no.
I thought RDA vs Lawler was a #1 Contender bout?
It is. They're fighting in December though. UFC 219 is also in December. They won't make a 2 week turnaround to fight Woodley. They need a Main Event for 219 and nothing is materializing.

My guess is it'll be against Covington, unfortunately.

must be a co-main, can't sell many ppv's with Woodley headlining in a main event, considering the dude has 2 sleeping pills fights in a row just behind him.

must be a co-main, can't sell many ppv's with Woodley headlining in a main event, considering the dude has 2 sleeping pills fights in a row just behind him.
They don't have many options right now if they're sticking to their guns about Conor not fighting at 219.

He's the most boring champ we have, all the talent in the world but he uses his strengths to negate others and cancel out their strengths rather than attack, so we're left with guys unable to take him down, ans not really exchanging on the feet due to his power, and there's Tyrone doing just enough to squeak the W.

It is. They're fighting in December though. UFC 219 is also in December. They won't make a 2 week turnaround to fight Woodley. They need a Main Event for 219 and nothing is materializing.

Instead of fixing Stipe's contract issues they pull another stupid fight out of their ass.
Can't say I'm fond of that main-event. Will anyone even buy this? I could see Ngannou doing better numbers than Woodley vs Covington, lol.

That said, Woodley is the most active champion in the UFC right now, props to him.
Can't say I fault him for his boring fights, challenger has to bring the fire, champ just gotta win.

It's funny how the UFC has to keep booking the champs they like the least for the cards that they want to be the biggest.

Not sure it's very smart to have Woodley headlining cards

Just edited. Another quote from Chris Taylor stating it doesn't seem like its Covington. No idea who else it could be.

im cool with him vs colby if colby insists he wants a shot.

RDA vs Robbie is in Dec so they're booked up

He's the most boring champ we have, all the talent in the world but he uses his strengths to negate others and cancel out their strengths rather than attack, so we're left with guys unable to take him down, ans not really exchanging on the feet due to his power, and there's Tyrone doing just enough to squeak the W.
how is it his fault for these challengers to be scared so much...just stop

No thanks.

Edit: unless robbie gets moved up and they make RDA vs Covington. That I could get behind so RDA can advance and shut that loudmouth up. If covington gets a shot, this may be the most annoying rest of the year in MMA news ever.
Love this idea. Though RDA/ Lawler would've been a glorious Just Bleed fight.

Maybe they've already made some form of deal with Conor but wanna be 100% exclusive in presenting it?

Because we are scary close to some form of a deadline soon, can't start selling tickets to an event who lacks a main event.

Because Holm vs Cyborg could also be a possible main event here even though there are some rumours of it being extremly far from being finalized?

Back