Tyron Woodley: Georges St-Pierre dropping to lightweight the ‘hugest b*tch move on the planet’

you post like a child when you cannot win a debate, because you have the mental capacity of a child. All your kid and triggered stuff is embarrassing. I am embarrassed for you.
take it all out of your system, buddy (3rd post with only insults)...
Obviously you need it..

take it all out of your system, buddy (3rd post with only insults)...
Obviously you need it..
Call it an insult if you must but I call it stating fact. You have a history of going off the rails like this when nuthugging Anderson and find yourself unable to defend him and win, and you see multiple posters calling you on it because its true.

The #1 fight Woodley has asked for since he won the belt is GSP. I’m sure he would fight nick or Nate since GSP won’t fight him but he’s made it clear GSP is his #1. How is that not a tough fight? Woodley is a beast but I would actually slightly favor Georges

He's asked for a lot of money fights, gsp being one of them. That fight has zero upside for gsp tho.

Tyron just can't land that "money fight".

Woodley would KO GSP and cherry picking GSP knows it.
Woodley might take out GSP and between the two of them it could be the biggest snoozefest of all time. That being said, I don't think either fighter has a huge advantage over the other IF they fought.

That also being said...GSP has earned the right to cherry pick whatever fucking money fight he wants, and apparently that isn't Tyron right now. It is also ironic that very recently, Diaz is a fight that Tyron wanted LOL.

Hmmmm.......go back to WW, nope been there done that. Go to MW and be a 2 division champ, sounds like the right decision to me. So would you rather go back to banging the same old girl you did for years or a fresh hotter piece of ass?

Like I said earlier, GSP and Bisping were even money odds going into their fight. I seriously doubt Woodley would be favoured.
...it was the right decision for sure. But i asked something totally different.
do you relly believe that GSP would have challenge Whittaker or Romero if either of them were the Champion at the time he fought? (first question)
Do you really believe he would have not challenge instead, was again the WW belt if Woodley wasn't the Champion, but Gastelum or Maia or even Bisping was? (second question)
Do you really believe tha Woodley being the Champion in WW and Bisping the Champion at MW had nothing to do with him challenging for the MW belt and not the WW? (third question)

GSP made for sure the right decision for his career, nobady is question that mate. He is a smart guy.

One curious point: if Woodley is saying that going for a big money fight rather than fighting the top guy is a bitch mood, he's simultaneously accusing himself of a huge b*tch move. GSP has had one fight in four years, isn't a top WW anymore (hasn't been for four years now), and is no longer the top MW, given that he dropped out of that division.

Which means that the only possible reason for Woodley wanting to fight GSP is the money. If Woodley wanted to fight the top guy he'd be either going after Whitaker, or fighting the top WW contender.

Beyond that, Woodley wanted to fight Nate himself - and without even dropping to LW, which makes it an even easier fight, or a bigger b*tch move.

The truth is of course that neither Woodley or GSP are doing b*tch moves, they're doing smart business moves, and both know it. Both are trying to maximize their earnings, and with good reason; they're not doctors or lawyers, they've no money making skills after they retire for fighting (which is why GSP came back, he realized he can't make good money any other way).

And both of them know it. Talking about legacy and b*tch moves are just ways of selling themselves for PPV buys. Neither of them take it seriously, and are probably amazed that any fan does. And anyone close to retirement age will look at what they're doing and say, "good for both of them." When you're young and have a life of earning ahead of you maximizing money doesn't seem so important. When you've five or less years left it becomes very important. You can't eat legacy, to quote one of the once millionaire athletes interviewed by Sports Illustrated who's now living in poverty.

Way to go detective.

You said things as if they were facts, trying to connect two things that are clearly not the same and making it appear as if they were.

"If he is interested in winning the LW belt then he must be interested in defending it."

Not necessarily. Those are two VERY different things, especially for a 37 years old guy with maybe 2 fights left in him. Would you rather win 1 belt and defend it 1 time or win 2 different belts?

" If he is interested in defending a belt then he can very well fight for the WW belt and defend it."

The LW belt and the WW are not the same thing for GSP and you know it. Winning the LW belt would make him a 3 division champ. Winning the WW belt would be something he already did twice. So it's perfectly understandable why the LW belt would be appealing to him and not the WW belt.

I don't even disagree with the principle of what you're saying. I want champs to defend the belts and I disliked what Conor was allowed to do.

That being said, GSP is one of the biggest draw out there and will get preferential treatment like Conor did. And he is also in a very special situation that we have never seen before : one of the GOAT retiring after a full career, coming back 4 years later for 2-3 more fights. Even if he defends a belt, he will do it 1 or 2 times max before retiring again. He's going to be 37 tomorrow. He's essentially doing an encore to a show that ended 4 years ago. He's not Conor, who's in his prime and could defend the belt for the next 10 years.

The UFC has to give GSP BIG fights to make the most money out of those last 2-3 fights. And championship fights are the biggest fights out there. You can disagree with it, but IF it happens, it's because it makes sense for the UFC money-wise.

Tyrones so jealous and hateful of GSP because everyone knows hes not as good as GSP and the guy GSP trains with won against him

GSP has no interest in the WW title anymore. Woodley needs to get over it. He did what he did at WW.
this. GSP has zero left to prove at WW. if anyone has earned the right to pick and choose what he does next at this point, it's GSP.

he never ducked anyone during his WW run and avenged both losses. his legacy speaks for itself.

I didn't call it "ducking". What i am saying is is that Tyron has the right to criticize GSP considering all the circumstances.
I don't know why people are trying to compare this GSP situation to other fighters as if it is the same. We're not talking about some dude, we're talking about GSP.
He was considered the GOAT WW fighter,(shit, he's considered THE GOAT) he retired and comes back years later...but it's to fight at a higher weight class in a championship fight. When has that ever happened?

I had no problem with GSP taking the Bisping fight. Especially since he said he had planned on defending the belt. But i don't give a shit about "winning multiple belts in multiple divisions" if it's via waiting for "easy" champions to arise, or cutting massive amounts of weight to go down and dominate smaller fighters. I am fucking perplexed as to why anyone thinks that shit is legit.

But i digress, at the end of the day, GSP can do whatever he wants, for whatever reason he wants. If he just wants to collect belts, or he just wants money fights, that's fine, but you guys are being completely unreasonable if you're going to say that Tyron, as the 170 champ, has no reason to criticize GSP and have the opinion that what he's doing is a bitch mode.
Agree or disagree ,it shouldn't be difficult to at least understand where he is coming from
I think it is normal indeed for Tyron to criticize. His the one loosing in all this. But saying GSP move is the bitches move of the history... C'mon, he just sounds disperate trying a quite too hard to get GSP attention.

As a fan of MMA, guys like GSP should be able to cherry pick. Btw, I would favor Tyron in a fight between the two. Woodley is a terrible matchup for GSP and is IMO the second most talented WW ever (but damn his fights are boring!).

You said things as if they were facts, trying to connect two things that are clearly not the same and making it appear as if they were.

"If he is interested in winning the LW belt then he must be interested in defending it."

Not necessarily. Those are two VERY different things, especially for a 37 years old guy with maybe 2 fights left in him. Would you rather win 1 belt and defend it 1 time or win 2 different belts?

I would rather fighters don't and shouldn't be allowed to fight for belts they don't even really want. It's lame and hurts the sport. Anyone who does that shouldn't even get credit for being the champion IMO.

" If he is interested in defending a belt then he can very well fight for the WW belt and defend it."
The LW belt and the WW are not the same thing for GSP and you know it. Winning the LW belt would make him a 3 division champ. Winning the WW belt would be something he already did twice. So it's perfectly understandable why the LW belt would be appealing to him and not the WW belt.

Of course they aren't the same thing. He gets to fight a smaller guy at LW and not a well established champion like Tyron. Then GSP will make excuses to leave and his fans will be cool with it.

The UFC has to give GSP BIG fights to make the most money out of those last 2-3 fights. And championship fights are the biggest fights out there. You can disagree with it, but IF it happens, it's because it makes sense for the UFC money-wise.

Yeah at WW where he has reason to be the number one contender and not a weight that he probably won't even make.

I would rather fighters don't and shouldn't be allowed to fight for belts they don't even really want. It's lame and hurts the sport. Anyone who does that shouldn't even get credit for being the champion IMO.

I agree it shouldn't happen; in fact, no one should be given a title fight coming right off of four years of retirement. That both Bisping and Woodley wanted to fight GSP who'd done nothing but sit on his butt for four years tells you exactly what the game is about - money. GSP is a big money fight, so both wanted GSP despite his unranked status.

However, I don't blame GSP, Bisping or Woodley for wanting the big money fights; they're just looking out after their own interests. I blame the UFC for giving GSP that fight. And it would have been just as wrong if they'd had GSP fight Woodley for the WW strap - he hadn't earned a title shot, and if it wasn't about money it never would have happened. No other sport besides boxing does this; being a champ four years ago doesn't give you an automatic shot at a championship or Olympic medal etc.

Of course they aren't the same thing. He gets to fight a smaller guy at LW and not a well established champion like Tyron. Then GSP will make excuses to leave and his fans will be cool with it.

Why should his fans or critics care about it one way or another? I don't know GSP personally, why should I care when he fights or retires? The only issue is whether the promotion (the UFC) allows him unearned title shots (and right now he hasn't earned any title fight except at MW).

Yeah at WW where he has reason to be the number one contender and not a weight that he probably won't even make.

GSP hasn't fought at WW for almost five years. In no way is he the number one contender there. He shouldn't even be ranked at WW. The only reason Woodley wants GSP is because he's a big money fight. And again, I completely understand why Woodley is doing that - you have to make your money while you can. Of course Woodley wants the money of a GSP fight, whether GSP has earned a title shot or not (and he hasn't).

One curious point: if Woodley is saying that going for a big money fight rather than fighting the top guy is a bitch mood, he's simultaneously accusing himself of a huge b*tch move. GSP has had one fight in four years, isn't a top WW anymore (hasn't been for four years now), and is no longer the top MW, given that he dropped out of that division.

Which means that the only possible reason for Woodley wanting to fight GSP is the money. If Woodley wanted to fight the top guy he'd be either going after Whitaker, or fighting the top WW contender.

Beyond that, Woodley wanted to fight Nate himself - and without even dropping to LW, which makes it an even easier fight, or a bigger b*tch move.

The truth is of course that neither Woodley or GSP are doing b*tch moves, they're doing smart business moves, and both know it. Both are trying to maximize their earnings, and with good reason; they're not doctors or lawyers, they've no money making skills after they retire for fighting (which is why GSP came back, he realized he can't make good money any other way).

And both of them know it. Talking about legacy and b*tch moves are just ways of selling themselves for PPV buys. Neither of them take it seriously, and are probably amazed that any fan does. And anyone close to retirement age will look at what they're doing and say, "good for both of them." When you're young and have a life of earning ahead of you maximizing money doesn't seem so important. When you've five or less years left it becomes very important. You can't eat legacy, to quote one of the once millionaire athletes interviewed by Sports Illustrated who's now living in poverty.

See, Woodley's not smart enough to realize all that

https://www.mmamania.com/2018/5/15/...g-lightweight-hugest-bitch-move-on-planet-mma

“Let me say this in a very educated way: I think that those two guys ‘contemplating’ fighting is the hugest bitch move on the planet. If you're going to be welterweight champion of the world and the lineal champion and you got the current champion constantly talking about fighting you, not only do you avoid fighting him and go up a weight class, now you're gonna drop underneath him and fight underneath in a weight class that you’ve never fought in in your life.”

Interesting remark by the undisputed WW champion, I think he makes solid points. Woodley is always very thoughtful and well-spoken. Do you agree with him?

I have to disagree. He doesn't know GSP's motivation for dropping to lightweight (if he does drop). He could easily be thinking of a title fight to be a 3 division champion in the UFC. GSP has often talked about his legacy and you can really tell how much it means to him. I think he wants to solidify his legacy and what better way to do it than to win 3 titles.

I also think UFC is pushing him to consider fighting Nate so they can have Conor vs Khabib then the winners fight each other. For Woody fighting random fights in his weight class might be enough but I feel for GSP he has a vision for how he wants to end his career.

...it was the right decision for sure. But i asked something totally different.
do you relly believe that GSP would have challenge Whittaker or Romero if either of them were the Champion at the time he fought? (first question)
Do you really believe he would have not challenge instead, was again the WW belt if Woodley wasn't the Champion, but Gastelum or Maia or even Bisping was? (second question)
Do you really believe tha Woodley being the Champion in WW and Bisping the Champion at MW had nothing to do with him challenging for the MW belt and not the WW? (third question)

GSP made for sure the right decision for his career, nobady is question that mate. He is a smart guy.

Woodley made that decision for him. I believe Dana was ready to set up the Woodley fight but after the Maia boofest, it was an easy decision to green light the MW fight.

I think if GSP could get up to and maintain a healthy 210, he would have stayed at MW but giving away 10 - 20 lbs was too much for him

I think if he was planning on fighting anyone but Bisping, he would have dropped out after he realized he couldn't maintain the weight. He lost 2 weeks of camp because his body wasn't responding well to the food intake required to bulk up. I believe his team said they were close to cancelling.

GSP hasn't fought at WW for almost five years. In no way is he the number one contender there. .

I definitely see that perspective but at least he was the champion at WW and he never lost actually lost a fight.

Back