Tyron Woodley: Georges St-Pierre dropping to lightweight the ‘hugest b*tch move on the planet’

My bad dude. You're not a hater. Just to me, this entire situation is so confusing to me that people are calling it a "bitch move". And I think Tyron is saying it simply to light a fire. Because he can't actually think it's a bitch move, when he himself has called out Nate, only at WW. So if one is a bitch move, then the other is also. I doubt he's calling himself a bitch.

And tyron has said on multiple occassions that he would want a conor fight it it was available.
I think Tyron's point is the accumulation of things.
GSP comes back from retirement, and goes straight to 185..but only to fight a guy that he thinks is an easy win.
I'm not one of the guys that were saying "GSP is a bitch because he didn't go up and face Silva" I don't think any champ has an obligation to go up a weight class to take on their champion.
BUT, people talked about GSP and Silva for YEARS...GSP always said no...then..Weidman is champ...GSP is silent. ..Rockhold is champ...GSP is silent. ..But Bisping. ..? Sign me up!
He then vacates the belt that he said he would defend, and instead of talks about him coming back to face Whitaker...or perhaps the winner of Whitaker /Romero....we're talking about Nate Diaz??.. lolwut?

As i said, i won't call GSP a bitch, he's proven himself a champ in the past. But considering the whole picture, i don't understand how people dont see where Tyron is coming from
You don't have to agree, but people are acting like he's talking in Vietnamese

And again with the Conor thing, he said he would fight Conor, if Conor came up, but he was not campaigning for that fight. Conor started shit with Tyron at the press conference for 205. He sent some tweet at Tyron "being a bitch " for filming him throwing the chair at Alvarez.
AFTER that reporters started asking and talking about the possibility of them fighting.

I think Tyron's point is the accumulation of things.
GSP comes back from retirement, and goes straight to 185..but only to fight a guy that he thinks is an easy win.
I'm not one of the guys that were saying "GSP is a bitch because he didn't go up and face Silva" I don't think any champ has an obligation to go up a weight class to take on their champion.
BUT, people talked about GSP and Silva for YEARS...GSP always said no...then..Weidman is champ...GSP is silent. ..Rockhold is champ...GSP is silent. ..But Bisping. ..? Sign me up!
He then vacates the belt that he said he would defend, and instead of talks about him coming back to face Whitaker...or perhaps the winner of Whitaker /Romero....we're talking about Nate Diaz??.. lolwut?

As i said, i won't call GSP a bitch, he's proven himself a champ in the past. But considering the whole picture, i don't understand how people dont see where Tyron is coming from
You don't have to agree, but people are acting like he's talking in Vietnamese

And again with the Conor thing, he said he would fight Conor, if Conor came up, but he was not campaigning for that fight. Conor started shit with Tyron at the press conference for 205. He sent some tweet at Tyron "being a bitch " for filming him throwing the chair at Alvarez.
AFTER that reporters started asking and talking about the possibility of them fighting.
My point is this though....GSP doesn't have to even fight again. Would it be a bitch move for him to sit at home on a pile of cash? Or to come back and pick some fights he wants? I just don't get how him coming back and taking fights, is a bitch move. He isn't holding up a division. He isn't holding onto the MW Belt and fighting undeserving contenders. All he's doing is shopping around for the best possible fights....after a long career.

Why is Woodley so concerned with GSP? GSP used to be a WW, he was for a long time. He isn't anymore. End of story. He's not talking about rejoining the division and trying to regain the WW Belt. So why is Woodley even mentioning him? Like I said, when GSP was doing jackshit and sitting home and not fighting, was Tyron saying that was a bitch move. Because how is actually fighting anybody more of a bitch move than being retired at a young age?

And for the record, Woodley has opportunities to fight GSP. He took too long to come to the UFC back then though.

Agreed about the Conor thing.

https://www.mmamania.com/2018/5/15/...g-lightweight-hugest-bitch-move-on-planet-mma

“Let me say this in a very educated way: I think that those two guys ‘contemplating’ fighting is the hugest bitch move on the planet. If you're going to be welterweight champion of the world and the lineal champion and you got the current champion constantly talking about fighting you, not only do you avoid fighting him and go up a weight class, now you're gonna drop underneath him and fight underneath in a weight class that you’ve never fought in in your life.”

Interesting remark by the undisputed WW champion, I think he makes solid points. Woodley is always very thoughtful and well-spoken. Do you agree with him?
I love Georges and support him doing whatever he wants to in the sport. But he wants no parts of TW and I think that's wise. He should go to any class that's not WW.

At WW his legacy gets stained. Period. TW can talk all he wants. His ability to beat Georges ensures that Georges will take any other fight than that.

Sorry TW. You're 100% right but Georges is being smart. He has a legacy to protect and losing to you is not the way he wants to protect it...

My point is this though....GSP doesn't have to even fight again. Would it be a bitch move for him to sit at home on a pile of cash? Or to come back and pick some fights he wants? I just don't get how him coming back and taking fights, is a bitch move. He isn't holding up a division. He isn't holding onto the MW Belt and fighting undeserving contenders. All he's doing is shopping around for the best possible fights....after a long career.

Why is Woodley so concerned with GSP? GSP used to be a WW, he was for a long time. He isn't anymore. End of story. He's not talking about rejoining the division and trying to regain the WW Belt. So why is Woodley even mentioning him? Like I said, when GSP was doing jackshit and sitting home and not fighting, was Tyron saying that was a bitch move. Because how is actually fighting anybody more of a bitch move than being retired at a young age?

And for the record, Woodley has opportunities to fight GSP. He took too long to come to the UFC back then though.

Agreed about the Conor thing.
I get all that.
But i think we have to look at who GSP is, and what he's been saying since his return. GSP is known for being an actual MARTIAL ARTIST. He lives the life.
He's not the family guy staying at home, drinking beers on the weekend and bbqing. He has always been about challenging himself, and that is actually one of the reasons why he said he was going for Bisping ,because "Bisping is the best right now". Well, what is Tyron in his division ?

I understand what GSP said. And that's fine if he wants to fight in other divisions.
But how can you not think the champion of the 170 division, the ONLY division that GSP fought in before, how is he not going to be like "wtf?" When GSP talks about every division but the one he came from. Do you really think the champ of that division should have no opinion on the matter? And do you really think almost anybody else that was champ wouldn't be calling GSP out for it?

If Jon Jones came back in a year, went straight to HW to take a title fight, won, vacated, and then talked about going to 185, it would be pretty damn weird. The LHW champ would understandably have a negative opinion on that
Again, he is free to do that, but it should be easy to see why it would ruffle some feathers.

As i said, im not calling GSP a bitch, he didn't have to come back---but if he's only coming back to take fights he thinks are easy wins, then that isn't as commendable as taking on real challengers and defending belts against the ACTUAL best guys, not the guys he handpicked

I think GSP should be more clear in his intents. It's pretty silly that he really hasn't addressed Tyron or the WW division since it was HIS division . If he doesn't want to fight there, fine, but just say it, and stop acting like you're interested in fighting "the best fighters"

I didn't call it "ducking". What i am saying is is that Tyron has the right to criticize GSP considering all the circumstances.
I don't know why people are trying to compare this GSP situation to other fighters as if it is the same. We're not talking about some dude, we're talking about GSP.
He was considered the GOAT WW fighter,(shit, he's considered THE GOAT) he retired and comes back years later...but it's to fight at a higher weight class in a championship fight. When has that ever happened?

I had no problem with GSP taking the Bisping fight. Especially since he said he had planned on defending the belt. But i don't give a shit about "winning multiple belts in multiple divisions" if it's via waiting for "easy" champions to arise, or cutting massive amounts of weight to go down and dominate smaller fighters. I am fucking perplexed as to why anyone thinks that shit is legit.

But i digress, at the end of the day, GSP can do whatever he wants, for whatever reason he wants. If he just wants to collect belts, or he just wants money fights, that's fine, but you guys are being completely unreasonable if you're going to say that Tyron, as the 170 champ, has no reason to criticize GSP and have the opinion that what he's doing is a bitch mode.
Agree or disagree ,it shouldn't be difficult to at least understand where he is coming from
Tyron is a hypocrite because he's looking for money fights too. In fact they have to drag him kicking and screaming to fight contenders. He has an interim belt being created while he's champ, purely because he's ducking..

Compare that to GSP who never ducked a contender or put the division on hold for cash grabs. He didn't look for money fights until he came out of retirement and wasn't a title holder anymore. It's not remotely the same situation.

As far as jumping around for titles I get not everyone likes it, but it's absolutely normal in combat sports. Especially boxing, the most comparable sport. Sugar Ray Leonard waited for Haggler to get old and slow. RJJ fought a weak champion for the hw belt and immediately moved back down. Floyd waited for several guys to get old, most notably Manny. If you look at the history of multi division champs,there are plenty of opportunists.

I get all that.
But i think we have to look at who GSP is, and what he's been saying since his return. GSP is known for being an actual MARTIAL ARTIST. He lives the life.
He's not the family guy staying at home, drinking beers on the weekend and bbqing. He has always been about challenging himself, and that is actually one of the reasons why he said he was going for Bisping ,because "Bisping is the best right now". Well, what is Tyron in his division ?

I understand what GSP said. And that's fine if he wants to fight in other divisions.
But how can you not think the champion of the 170 division, the ONLY division that GSP fought in before, how is he not going to be like "wtf?" When GSP talks about every division but the one he came from. Do you really think the champ of that division should have no opinion on the matter? And do you really think almost anybody else that was champ wouldn't be calling GSP out for it?

If Jon Jones came back in a year, went straight to HW to take a title fight, won, vacated, and then talked about going to 185, it would be pretty damn weird. The LHW champ would understandably have a negative opinion on that
Again, he is free to do that, but it should be easy to see why it would ruffle some feathers.

As i said, im not calling GSP a bitch, he didn't have to come back---but if he's only coming back to take fights he thinks are easy wins, then that isn't as commendable as taking on real challengers and defending belts against the ACTUAL best guys, not the guys he handpicked
Why? Has Max ever talked shit about Conor for not coming back to FW? No. He alpha'd up and said, he can do him and I'll do me.

And the "easy fights" comment. I 100% believe he thought he could beat Bisping. But let's all stop pretending that he fought CM Punk. Bisping wasn't the best MW in the world, but he was the champ. And his last 3 fights were against Rockhold, Henderson and Silva. And none of them even beat him, let alone run through him. One thing people don't think about is, what if Romero got the title shot and beat Bisping for the belt? Would people be calling Romero a paper champ and saying he handpicked Bisping? lol No, he fought the champ, that's it.

Tyron is a hypocrite because he's looking for money fights too. In fact they have to drag him kicking and screaming to fight contenders. He has an interim belt being created while he's champ, purely because he's ducking..

Compare that to GSP who never ducked a contender or put the division on hold for cash grabs. He didn't look for money fights until he came out of retirement and wasn't a title holder anymore. It's not remotely the same situation.

As far as jumping around for titles I get not everyone likes it, but it's absolutely normal in combat sports. Especially boxing, the most comparable sport. Sugar Ray Leonard waited for Haggler to get old and slow. RJJ fought a weak champion for the hw belt and immediately moved back down. Floyd waited for several guys to get old, most notably Manny. If you look at the history of multi division champs,there are plenty of opportunists.
I'm not saying Tyron is an angel here.
It's no secret he wants money fights.
Lol come on, man. There is NO excuse for this bullshit interim belt. That is not the reason the UFC made it. They have been doing these bullshit interim titles for a while now to beef up PPVs.
You can criticize Tyron on a lot of things but he has defended his belt multiple times against the #1 contenders. And he had a problem doing the immediate rematch with WB as his 2nd defense. He also never denied Maia his shot. He said he wanted a money fight, but that he did respect Maia and that he would fight him, but he was still keeping his feelers out for guys like GSP to come back.

Lol and who is he ducking.? He had shoulder surgery . The 2 guys in front of him are RDA and Colby. Tyron isn't ducking either of them.
The UFC are notorious for their shit communication in regards to fights. Tyron didn't even know they were doing an interim belt. They don't ever talk to fighters about this shit. They will put up some tweet saying "so and so is fighting" , and 1 or both of the guys never even agreed to it

I see the moving around weight classes in MMA very differently because there are so few of them compared to boxing. And regardless of their being a precedent for it, i don't think a fighter deserves any extra praise for being an elite weight cutter. Showing up in the cage at 180 when you're supposed to be in a 155 lb match isn't something to praise, imo.

I don't mind if GSP wants just money fights, but that doesn't mean he's above criticism. Champions defend their belts. He won a belt from a fluke champ and vacated it....great for GSP, but not hard to get why that would bring criticism

Why? Has Max ever talked shit about Conor for not coming back to FW? No. He alpha'd up and said, he can do him and I'll do me.

And the "easy fights" comment. I 100% believe he thought he could beat Bisping. But let's all stop pretending that he fought CM Punk. Bisping wasn't the best MW in the world, but he was the champ. And his last 3 fights were against Rockhold, Henderson and Silva. And none of them even beat him, let alone run through him. One thing people don't think about is, what if Romero got the title shot and beat Bisping for the belt? Would people be calling Romero a paper champ and saying he handpicked Bisping? lol No, he fought the champ, that's it.
Completely different situations.
GSP has a bunch of unique things going on here that makes him incomparable to just about any other fighter. I gave you my example in Jon Jones.
If Silva had retired after front kicking Vitor's face...took years off..Weidman is the champ....and then somehow Jon Jones lost his belt to Pat Cummings, and THEN Silva says he wants to come back, he beats Cummings, vacates the belt, and the next time we hear from him he wants to fight Mike Perry...
You think Weidman should just be like "good for him"?
Again, it's Silva's choice, but why the hell are people not allowed to criticize him?

I don't personally think Bisping is an "easy" fight. He's a great fighter. My point is, GSP was silent UNTIL Bisping got the belt. And then he said he would defend the belt....which he did not, and hasn't talked about doing in the future.
That could be seen as a "bitch move" to some, especially if him going to 155 is true

I'm not saying Tyron is an angel here.
It's no secret he wants money fights.
Lol come on, man. There is NO excuse for this bullshit interim belt. That is not the reason the UFC made it. They have been doing these bullshit interim titles for a while now to beef up PPVs.
You can criticize Tyron on a lot of things but he has defended his belt multiple times against the #1 contenders. And he had a problem doing the immediate rematch with WB as his 2nd defense. He also never denied Maia his shot. He said he wanted a money fight, but that he did respect Maia and that he would fight him, but he was still keeping his feelers out for guys like GSP to come back.

Lol and who is he ducking.? He had shoulder surgery . The 2 guys in front of him are RDA and Colby. Tyron isn't ducking either of them.
The UFC are notorious for their shit communication in regards to fights. Tyron didn't even know they were doing an interim belt. They don't ever talk to fighters about this shit. They will put up some tweet saying "so and so is fighting" , and 1 or both of the guys never even agreed to it

I see the moving around weight classes in MMA very differently because there are so few of them compared to boxing. And regardless of their being a precedent for it, i don't think a fighter deserves any extra praise for being an elite weight cutter. Showing up in the cage at 180 when you're supposed to be in a 155 lb match isn't something to praise, imo.

I don't mind if GSP wants just money fights, but that doesn't mean he's above criticism. Champions defend their belts. He won a belt from a fluke champ and vacated it....great for GSP, but not hard to get why that would bring criticism

Sat out nearly a year, was calling out Nate freaking Diaz, but as soon as they mention a contender he's hurt again. They do make too many bs interim titles, but this one was made to pressure Woodley to stop ducking.

I've been saying these are money and legacy fights. Bisping: Money fight and he became a double champ. Very hard to legitimately criticize this fight. Diaz: Hasn't even happened yet, and if it does it's a money fight and a tune up fight for a guy that has NEVER fought at LW. After Diaz? We don't know for sure yet but probably a lw title shot. Nobody has ever been a three division champion. Acting like that isn't a major addition to his legacy is just silly. So ultimately ONE fight during an entire career that's a tuneup fight in preparation for a title shot.

https://www.mmamania.com/2018/5/15/...g-lightweight-hugest-bitch-move-on-planet-mma

“Let me say this in a very educated way: I think that those two guys ‘contemplating’ fighting is the hugest bitch move on the planet. If you're going to be welterweight champion of the world and the lineal champion and you got the current champion constantly talking about fighting you, not only do you avoid fighting him and go up a weight class, now you're gonna drop underneath him and fight underneath in a weight class that you’ve never fought in in your life.”

Interesting remark by the undisputed WW champion, I think he makes solid points. Woodley is always very thoughtful and well-spoken. Do you agree with him?
Fuck tyron he should shut his mouth until after that last fight with mia. It's completely his fault that his fights have not generated any interest.

Sat out nearly a year, was calling out Nate freaking Diaz, but as soon as they mention a contender he's hurt again. They do make too many bs interim titles, but this one was made to pressure Woodley to stop ducking.

I've been saying these are money and legacy fights. Bisping: Money fight and he became a double champ. Very hard to legitimately criticize this fight. Diaz: Hasn't even happened yet, and if it does it's a money fight and a tune up fight for a guy that has NEVER fought at LW. After Diaz? We don't know for sure yet but probably a lw title shot. Nobody has ever been a three division champion. Acting like that isn't a major addition to his legacy is just silly. So ultimately ONE fight during an entire career that's a tuneup fight in preparation for a title shot.
And you're cherry picking points to back up your own opinions. .but opinions aren't facts.
He sat out a year because he was PROMISED a title shot from Dana because Fatboy Johnny missed weight. Lol i don't know why people criticize him for that. Title shots come and go like the wind, and in the end, waiting paid off for him.
Nate Diaz came up after GSP, Bisping, and Nick Diaz. And it's not like he was on some campaign to get the fight going. He is sending out the message that he'll take any money fight that's out there for him, that doesn't mean he won't fight the contenders in his weight class.

Lol what ducking? He needed surgery. He talked about wanting to do this surgery before the Maia fight. He had 4 fought times in under a year. Jesus Christ. What else does henhave to do? Other champions have gotten the belt and immediately said "I'm just going to take a break for a while"
Completely irrational hate of this guy

We're just going to disagree about the 3 weight class thing and this 'legacy' business. I'm not saying it's not a big deal. I just don't care. I don't see it as a big accomplishment for a guy like GSP, especially if he's picking his opponents. Getting belts is easier than defending them

Woodley is a great fighter and a worthy champion. I can appreciate that he would like to fight GSP and get paid big $$$. Unfortunately, Woodley is not a big draw for a money fight. GSP fighting for a 3rd UFC weight class belt is a big deal and if it could be GSP vs. Conor it would be the biggest fight in UFC history. Dana cares more about $$$ than he does Woodley...

And you're cherry picking points to back up your own opinions. .but opinions aren't facts.
He sat out a year because he was PROMISED a title shot from Dana because Fatboy Johnny missed weight. Lol i don't know why people criticize him for that. Title shots come and go like the wind, and in the end, waiting paid off for him.
Nate Diaz came up after GSP, Bisping, and Nick Diaz. And it's not like he was on some campaign to get the fight going. He is sending out the message that he'll take any money fight that's out there for him, that doesn't mean he won't fight the contenders in his weight class.

Lol what ducking? He needed surgery. He talked about wanting to do this surgery before the Maia fight. He had 4 fought times in under a year. Jesus Christ. What else does henhave to do? Other champions have gotten the belt and immediately said "I'm just going to take a break for a while"
Completely irrational hate of this guy

We're just going to disagree about the 3 weight class thing and this 'legacy' business. I'm not saying it's not a big deal. I just don't care. I don't see it as a big accomplishment for a guy like GSP, especially if he's picking his opponents. Getting belts is easier than defending them
He blatantly ducked Lombard while sitting out for his shot that he did very little to earn. I don't understand why gsp gets criticism nobody else gets, even though you could apply the exact same criticism. Who went up or down in weight and did a ton of work to earn a shot? Pretty much nobody. If you're high profile and change weight classes you get a shot right away.

What is he supposed to do? Go fight Woolsey for no reason? That fight is the lowest paying option for him, AND reclaiming a title in the division he's already the goat in is NOTHING compared to winning belts in three weight classes. That may not mean much to you and that's ok, but nobody has ever done that and it's going to mean a lot to a lot of other people. Imo it's laughable to say any other fight he could take compares with that. Being the first guy to accomplish something is a big deal in every sport.

I didn't call it "ducking". What i am saying is is that Tyron has the right to criticize GSP considering all the circumstances.
I don't know why people are trying to compare this GSP situation to other fighters as if it is the same. We're not talking about some dude, we're talking about GSP.
He was considered the GOAT WW fighter,(shit, he's considered THE GOAT) he retired and comes back years later...but it's to fight at a higher weight class in a championship fight. When has that ever happened?

I had no problem with GSP taking the Bisping fight. Especially since he said he had planned on defending the belt. But i don't give a shit about "winning multiple belts in multiple divisions" if it's via waiting for "easy" champions to arise, or cutting massive amounts of weight to go down and dominate smaller fighters. I am fucking perplexed as to why anyone thinks that shit is legit.

But i digress, at the end of the day, GSP can do whatever he wants, for whatever reason he wants. If he just wants to collect belts, or he just wants money fights, that's fine, but you guys are being completely unreasonable if you're going to say that Tyron, as the 170 champ, has no reason to criticize GSP and have the opinion that what he's doing is a bitch mode.
Agree or disagree ,it shouldn't be difficult to at least understand where he is coming from
You have a weird view I don't think many would share.

If Anderson had beat Weidman and said "I am retiring. There is nothing left at MW that I need or want to accomplish" and then came back a few years later and said "I still feel I have nothing left at MW I need or want to accomplish but if people want to see me fight again I would be interested in a fight for the LHW and WW belts to round out my legacy".

There is no way I see people suggesting that is a bitch move and that Anderson should get back to fighting MW's or nothing.

GSP was completely burned out by his WW run and mentioned that well prior to the Hendricks fight that he was struggling for motivation anymore. So if what motivates him to come back is a chance to make history with runs at the MW and LW belts and solidify his GOAT case and P4P GOAT case then how people can complain about that is beyond me. I get that if you are a fan of someone else as GOAT you won't want GSP to succeed but other than that this is a great test.

I don't understand why gsp gets criticism nobody else gets, even though you could apply the exact same criticism.

GSP gets a huge amount of criticism. In fact, the only guys who've gotten as much as he has are (in no particular order): Fedor, Anderson, Jones, Rousey, and Conor.

Think about that for a second. Its a good sign for him that he's getting that much criticism, it means he's very well known and very successful in MMA.

I suspect GSP's managers occasionally look at various MMA forum boards, see all the criticism, and smile in satisfaction.

He blatantly ducked Lombard while sitting out for his shot that he did very little to earn. I don't understand why gsp gets criticism nobody else gets, even though you could apply the exact same criticism. Who went up or down in weight and did a ton of work to earn a shot? Pretty much nobody. If you're high profile and change weight classes you get a shot right away.

What is he supposed to do? Go fight Woolsey for no reason? That fight is the lowest paying option for him, AND reclaiming a title in the division he's already the goat in is NOTHING compared to winning belts in three weight classes. That may not mean much to you and that's ok, but nobody has ever done that and it's going to mean a lot to a lot of other people. Imo it's laughable to say any other fight he could take compares with that. Being the first guy to accomplish something is a big deal in every sport.
I have repeatedly said that GSP is free to do what he wants. I'm not saying he should or shouldn't do anything. What i have been saying is that he is not above criticism. You, and others seem to think he is for some reason.
Conor can proclaim he is just about money, and that's fine, but that doesn't mean other fighters don't get to criticize him

And i don't know why we're bringing up the entire histories of Tyron, Silva, and whoever else. We're talking about GSP.
And you guys keep bunching things together to try and make Tyron's criticism seem ridiculous. GSP is not getting criticized for getting an immediate title shot at 185. You're skipping the factors surrounding it. The retirement, him being the long reigning 170 champ, the choosing of a particular opponent to fight at 185, saying he would defend and then vacating, and now talks of fighting 2 classes below the one he last fought at...all of that is part of the criticism

With this 3 belt deal, it's just Dana/Rogan hype. How much a 3 division champ in MMA matters depends on who it is and how they do it, imo.
Im not a fan of GSP going from 185 to 155 to try and get a belt.
If he had went for 155 while he was a 170 fighter, and then came back to get 185, THAT would have been something.

He's right- he just cherry picked the middleweight of the century now he wants to pregnate some 155er.

This is, flat out, getting silly.

Woodley is always very thoughtful and well-spoken.

Well-spoken for who?

What exactly are you insinuating?

Tyron-Woodley.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back