Tyron Woodley Claims He Is The Greatest UFC Welterweight Ever

So, he should think like a beta and underestimate himself?

He is saying what every fighter thinks of themselves, and it is up to him to prove it, by winning. Just like he stated.

Nate Diaz says he has never lost fight.

I'm not sure if I buy this. Does it really make you less of a man to realize that others are better, or that others in the past have been better than you are? If being an alpha means being delusional about your own capabilities, then maybe being an alpha isn't such a good thing.

I've always admired athletes with a strong sense of their own abilities. Like Leroy Hoard once said, "If you need a yard, I can get you three every time. If you need five yards, I can get you three every time."

The competitor in him needs to believe this to be true.

It's not and he probably shouldn't say it out loud but if he wants to believe that, good on him.
that and i think he is trying to set up a fight with GSP for his comeback to prove it .

He does hit harder than GSP but that's about it.

Lay n pray prime GSP could easily get stuffed and smashed by Wood

Just sayin

Is he the champ? Yes? Then according to sherdog that means he's the GOAT

He might have potential to be the greatest by the time his career is over. But at this point in time I donot see how he can ratioinally debate that he's greater than GSP and or Matt Hughes. Even Pat Miletich is higher rated then Woodly is right now.
The OP made a shitty thread title. Woodley does not claim to be the greatest, he claims to be the best. Best is a matter of ability. Greatest is a matter of accomplishment.

Personally, I don't think it's that unusual for a high level fighter to believe they are the best around.

Well I disagree, but I'm not going to criticize him for this. A fighter has to believe in himself or he should find another occupation. This nowhere near his word rhetorical crime. People will bash him for saying it, not only because they don't agree, but because they've already taken a dislike to him. But it's really not that over the top since he says he will go out and prove it.

Prime Matt Hughes beats Woodley also.

Hughes would turn it up in the later rounds and dominate him.

I'm not sure if I buy this. Does it really make you less of a man to realize that others are better, or that others in the past have been better than you are? If being an alpha means being delusional about your own capabilities, then maybe being an alpha isn't such a good thing.

I've always admired athletes with a strong sense of their own abilities. Like Leroy Hoard once said, "If you need a yard, I can get you three every time. If you need five yards, I can get you three every time."

Its not just athletes
Winners in general seem to think like this (Woodley)

Losers hate that mind set, for some "unknown" reason

I translated into white: "Pretty please, fight me, GSP".

Ronda was supposed to retire undefeated and Benson was going to break Anderson's conservative title defense record. Just another fighter trying to pump himself up.

Its not just athletes
Winners in general seem to think like this (Woodley)

Losers hate that mind set, for some "unknown" reason

Again, I disagree. An awful lot of winners are highly insecure people, whose very insecurity pushes them to achieve. And there's an awful lot of losers populating our prisons who think they are God's gift.

A certain amount of confidence is necessary to success in many fields, and athletics is one of those fields. But being confident does not require a lack of objectivity to the extent that one is delusional.

He is the greatest black WW ever

He lost badly to GSP's little brother. So that shit is just funny.

Back