Twitter admits bigotry towards conservatives

Wouldn't matter because the bakery was sued on the basis of unlawful discrimination. Not all discrimination is unlawful. If I own a business, I'm free to discriminate against Democrats or Conor McGregor fans but not blacks and Jews. Sexual orientation does not have protected status at the national level but it does in certain states and I'd bet the state that bakery was operating in was one of them.
I find that odd, because political affiliation is a protected group for discrimination here.

I find that odd, because political affiliation is a protected group for discrimination here.

Bring a law suit against them where you are at.

The Turner Diaries, chosen because I know you have it to hand for easy reference.

If you think I'm going to go round and round, off topic, on a subject that makes you cream your Hitler-loving pants, you're even less acute than I remember.

You should start your own white nationalist violence apology thread.

Lol so you are also a fan of the late Dr. Pierce eh?

You want them to admit they are a private company and push their political views? I thought we all could see that unspoken truth.

'Push their political views,' meaning they endorce and actively silence those on their platforms with opposing political viewpoints?

Yeah, they should outright say it.

But that wouldn't be best for business, would it?

'Push their political views,' meaning they endorce and actively silence those on their platforms with opposing political viewpoints?

Yeah, they should outright say it.

But that wouldn't be best for business, would it?

You cant have it both ways, either a company has rights and chose how to use them, or they don't have rights.

Whats your source on that?

And keep in mind, using numbers from the overall attacks from year X to year Y still does not give any sort of clear indication of its prevalence throughout the group as a whole. It's the same as comparing something like terrorism carried out in the name of religious extremism to vilify the group as a whole.
All reactionary, extremist ideologies are prone to violence, dummy.

That's because you canucks are snowflakes who need gubment to protect your opinions unlike us 'Mericans

That's because you canucks are snowflakes who need gubment to protect your opinions unlike us 'Mericans
So when is discrimination ok? and when is it not? And by the way, snowflake is OUR word.

Starting a "Democrats Only" or "Republicans Only" business would be an interesting experiment, just to see which direction society would take the argument.

You cant have it both ways, either a company has rights and chose how to use them, or they don't have rights.

No one is saying twitter should be lawfully required to treat everyone the same on their platform. Its their platform.

What the undercover video exposes, is that its a propaganda outlet for the politics they approve of to be promoted, and all others are silenced.

Starting a "Democrats Only" or "Republicans Only" business would be an interesting experiment, just to see which direction society would take the argument.
I don't see it ending well, regardless of which side it's on.

Twitter is a social ill in my humble opinion.

Disregard Twitter and you may attain a higher level of enlightenment.

No one is saying twitter should be lawfully required to treat everyone the same on their platform. Its their platform.

What the undercover video exposes, is that its a propaganda outlet for the politics they approve of to be promoted, and all others are silenced.

Do they have a right to silence those people. You said they did. So what point are you trying to make.

So when is discrimination ok? and when is it not? And by the way, snowflake is OUR word.
Legally in America? Not okay when it comes to race, religion, national origin, sex, age(40 and over), familial status, pregnancy, veteran status, disability status, and on the basis of genetics. And these are only the federally protected groups, states can create their own protected groups as I alluded to earlier with sexual orientation being an increasingly common one.

I don't see it ending well, regardless of which side it's on.
I'm interested what strategies people would use against it, and which ones would win out. Vandalism, Boycott, Lobbying for a new City/State Law, Ignoring it (least likely lol), etc. Probably a bit of each. Yeah that's the kind of experiment that seems like a terrible idea.

Private company. That should end the discussion about, if they can or can't.

Though former employees explaining the process is something new.

Back