TV Show Thread (Dark Crystal Prequel; The Witcher on Netflix; ABC, Fox's New Shows)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's odd. You were mentioned about this.

http://forums.sherdog.com/posts/128099911/

I miss a lot of mentions if they happen during the day (EST).

I'm on my phone and they get lost in all my notifications; people are starting to use the mention system like a subscription that isn't voluntary with all the girl vs girl threads.

My days are long and I don't often have time to go back and scan the notifications when I get home.

Oh... And I definitely want your mentions.

24: LEGACY

Okay I'm out.

I've said to myself at the start of the series that if they go the same old shit with the hero being blackmailed to do bad stuff for the bad guy because the've kidnapped the hero's loved ones/friends, I'm done with this show.

Once the terrorists captured Black Bauer's wife and brother, I didn't even finish the episode and just quit because I know where this is going.

Btw, we just call it penis around here.

17f348cd6ad9c090fc2572af4a2f1dd8.gif

24: LEGACY

Okay I'm out.

I've said to myself at the start of the series that if they go the same old shit with the hero being blackmailed to do bad stuff for the bad guy because the've kidnapped the hero's loved ones/friends, I'm done with this show.

Once the terrorists captured Black Bauer's wife and brother, I didn't even finish the episode and just quit because I know where this is going.

Never even considered watching this show, but that's probably because it's not really a genre that interests me. Haven't tried the new Blacklist either, if I couldn't get into it with Spader, there's zero chance I'd get into it without him.

Imposters is worth checking out.

If for no other reason, because of the eye candy value of the main character, played by Inbar Lavi. That girl is built like a tank, in the most complimentary sense of the term.

lavi4-copy.jpg

5jyc.jpg

BxCtwv8CMAATL4d.jpg

The plot of the show itself has potential and it’s moving at an entertainingly speedy pace.

And it has Uma Thurman in a weirdly off-character role that she is clearly having a blast playing.

Caught the first episode, not sure if I'll watch more. It was kind of dull.

X-Men Spinoff TV Series Official Title is GIFTED; First Look at the Cast from Read-Through

The X-Men Movie universe TV spinoff finally has an official name: Gifted. Unlike current X-Men series Legion, Gifted will be spun directly out of the X-Men movie continuity.

The show will revolve around parents who discover their child is a mutant, and must join an underground system of other desperate families and mutant freedom fighters, trying to oppose or escape government persecution.

Burn Notice creator Matt Nix is running the show, and cast members include Blair Redfield, Jamie Chung, Stephen Moyer, Sean Teale, Natalie Alyn Lind, Amy Acker, Emma Dumont, Percy Hynes and Coby Bell.

Executive producer Lauren Schuller Donner shared a photo of a cast reading via Twitter giving us our first look at the cast.

C6mHimRUwAA5vBP.jpg

X-Men TV Series 'Gifted' Official Title Revealed; First Look at the Cast from a Read-Through
There's already bitching about the cast. One guess as to the complaints...

Just binged Netflix's series LOVE season 2 the day it came out. all 12 episodes (have never done that before)

I like the show, recommended, good soundtrack too.

There are some annoying things about it though. Like the hamfisted creation of problems and drama to keep the series flowing. Sometimes it doesn't feel totally organic in regards to the characters, and how the problems arise.

Just binged Netflix's series LOVE season 2 the day it came out. all 12 episodes (have never done that before)

I like the show, recommended, good soundtrack too.

There are some annoying things about it though. Like the hamfisted creation of problems and drama to keep the series flowing. Sometimes it doesn't feel totally organic in regards to the characters, and how the problems arise.

I really enjoyed the first season, looking forward to watching season two tomorrow.

Thanks for the head's up.

I really enjoyed the first season, looking forward to watching season two tomorrow.

Thanks for the head's up.

I will say s2 episode 7 was my favourite of the whole series, great flow to it and the soundtrack was on point.

I didn't love her in community but Gillian Jacobs is a legit actress. brings her a-game this season

Impostors is staggeringly mediocre.

Season premiere of Samurai Jack season 5 was good. It's a bit darker. The birthing ritual was unsettling.

The Daughters of Aku sub-plot seems to be the most intriguing for me.

latest

Imposters is worth checking out.

If for no other reason, because of the eye candy value of the main character, played by Inbar Lavi. That girl is built like a tank, in the most complimentary sense of the term.

lavi4-copy.jpg

5jyc.jpg

BxCtwv8CMAATL4d.jpg

The plot of the show itself has potential and it’s moving at an entertainingly speedy pace.

And it has Uma Thurman in a weirdly off-character role that she is clearly having a blast playing.

Looks like it might have some redeeming social value.

I will say s2 episode 7 was my favourite of the whole series, great flow to it and the soundtrack was on point.

I didn't love her in community but Gillian Jacobs is a legit actress. brings her a-game this season

Just saw that episode and you're right, it was great; Jacobs hit it out of the park.

Just finished 'Stan Lee's Lucky Man' season 1.
It really needs to get better in season 2.

That Indian guy from Heroes is in it.

In the last episode of Lethal Weapon when Riggs suggested to Murtaugh that he's bulletproof, I was thinking that this was also a nod to Damon Wayan's 1996 movie Bulletproof with Adam Sandler.

Anyone watch Channel Zero on Syfy? I'm up to episode 5. Its pretty damn good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back