TV Show Thread (Dark Crystal Prequel; The Witcher on Netflix; ABC, Fox's New Shows)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. I'm super excited, but also nervous. My favorite book series The Sword of Truth was absolutely butchered in a TV show.
I havent read or seen that series. Ill look it up and see if i can find the books

I havent read or seen that series. Ill look it up and see if i can find the books
The books aren't that good, honestly.

The main character, Richard, is the ultimate Gary Stu. He makes Superman look relatable. It got so silly, that in one of the middle books, he got one of those old English court style introductions, and the person announcing him was just rattling off title after title...

"The great Richard ____, the Seeker of Truth, the lost heir of Naziland, the last super wizard, the first man to make a Confessor cum without getting mindraped, the ___, the ___, the ___, the...." And it went on for like a solid page. It was absurd.

The main character, Richard, is the ultimate Gary Stu. He makes Superman look relatable. It got so silly, that in one of the middle books, he got one of those old English court style introductions, and the person announcing him was just rattling off title after title...

"The great Richard ____, the Seeker of Truth, the lost heir of Naziland, the last super wizard, the first man to make a Confessor cum without getting mindraped, the ___, the ___, the ___, the...." And it went on for like a solid page. It was absurd.
Thanks for the opinion but ill take @Tamriel Terror word on this one

"Daenerys Stormborn of the House Targaryen, First of Her Name, the Unburnt, Queen of the Andals and the First Men, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, Breaker of Chains, and Mother of Dragons."

And it can only get worse.

But yeah, Goodkind is terrible. The fact he's so successful with so little talent makes me regret my life choices.

Thanks for the opinion but ill take @Tamriel Terror word on this one
Office-karen-shrug_zpsd8gz1bco.gif

It's your time. You do you.

"Daenerys Stormborn of the House Targaryen, First of Her Name, the Unburnt, Queen of the Andals and the First Men, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, Breaker of Chains, and Mother of Dragons."
LOL that doesn't even scratch the surface of Goodkind's Gary St-... Richard Cypher.

Seriously, comparing Dany's list of titles to Richard Cypher's is like trying to compare the LW champ of Shark Fights to Randy Couture.

But yeah, Goodkind is terrible. The fact he's so successful with so little talent makes me regret my life choices.
Honestly, those books were stupid to me as a teenager.

The first couple weren't bad, but from the third book on, things were just boring, repetitive and uninspired. After the first two, it was harder and harder for Goodkind to hide his series' flaws. There's no real internal conflict (see: Richard's boringly unquestionable and unshakeable moral code) and there's no real external conflict (see: Richard's list of powers, abilities, and overall Gary Stu-ness).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back