Locked TV Show Thread (Hitman TV Series from Hulu; Jordan Peele's Twilight Zone Reboot)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any good sitcoms currently on TV?
Currently, I don't think so. My usual sitcoms or comedies (Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Black-ish, Fresh Off the Boat, The Goldbergs) are still on a break.

#mypenisiscoming

IZOMBIE

Nooooo...!
Why did they kill off Natalie?

I'm really liking this season more than the previous two. It's just clicking for me. Might also have to do with that the main characters are in-sync with Liv's zombie world.

Liv seeing Ravi in her visions and her reactions were hilarious.

Forgot to mention but that D&D session the group had a few episodes back was a hoot and a favorite moment of mine of the show.

Is there any good sitcoms currently on TV?

Currently, I don't think so. My usual sitcoms or comedies (Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Black-ish, Fresh Off the Boat, The Goldbergs) are still on a break.

Wrecked is back.

It isn't a top tier comedy but if memory serves it's a light, entertaining send up of Lost.

Wrecked is back.

It isn't a top tier comedy but if memory serves it's a light, entertaining send up of Lost.

I did try the first two episodes of Wrecked last year. It was okay but didn't really entice me enough to follow through. They should have made this when Lost was still at its peak.

I did try the first two episodes of Wrecked last year. It was okay but didn't really entice me enough to follow through. They should have made this when Lost was still at its peak.

Yeah, I barely remember it, and haven't been in a rush to watch this season.

There just isn't much out there at the moment.

I finished The Handmaid's Tale (I had to because I'm contractually obligated because of Yvonne). It's depressing but I'm also drawn and fascinated by their world and their class system. After a few episodes, I started to like it the series more. But I also find it hard to believe that most of the people (mainly the soldiers and workers) just forget about how life used to be and how much better it was compared to what it is now.

I finished The Handmaid's Tale (I had to because I'm contractually obligated because of Yvonne). It's depressing but I'm also drawn and fascinated by their world and their class system. After a few episodes, I started to like it the series more. But I also find it hard to believe that most of the people (mainly the soldiers and workers) just forget about how life used to be and how much better it was compared to what it is now.

Disobey or cause trouble and you're sent to the colonies, where you die a horrible, lingering death. If you're really, really lucky they just execute you on the spot, think of all the bodies they showed hanging from the walls in almost every episode.

I don't think they forgot, I just think their options are very limited.

Disobey or cause trouble and you're sent to the colonies, where you die a horrible, lingering death. If you're really, really lucky they just execute you on the spot, think of all the bodies they showed hanging from the walls in almost every episode.

I don't think they forgot, I just think their options are very limited.
I understand that but I'm still not totally buying it. Even the leaders and their wives are miserable.

What I want to see is what the ordinary soldiers/goons personal lives are. Do they have a family or wife outside work? That would probably help me in accepting the set-up.

Also where are the ordinary citizens? Most of what we see are the leaders and their soldiers and workers.

I understand that but I'm still not totally buying it. Even the leaders and their wives are miserable.

What I want to see is what the ordinary soldiers/goons personal lives are. Do they have a family or wife outside work? That would probably help me in accepting the set-up.

Also where are the ordinary citizens? Most of what we see are the leaders and their soldiers and workers.

I bought it because I thought of it in terms of Nazi Germany. You have a core belief system that corrupts and turns people against one another, where every offense is capital. In order to rise you accuse your rivals of violating the system that brought them to power.

The leaders are miserable because they want to eat their cake but it can get them mutilated or killed, and the wives are miserable because they can't bear children and have to watch their husbands procreate with other women.

Low ranking men can have (not making this up) Econowives. Basically wives as property. Econowives aren't sterile and can bear children.

The leaders are miserable because they want to eat their cake but it can get them mutilated or killed, and the wives are miserable because they can't bear children and have to watch their husbands procreate with other women.
Some of the wives are also miserable because they don't have a voice, their opinions don't matter and are just stuck at being housewives.

Catching up on Sense8 season 2.
I almost didn't take a look at season 2 even though I enjoyed the first.
Yeah some aspects of Season 1 were really well done but the sex scenes were way too heavyhanded and unnecessary. I'll skip Season 2.

Have I mentioned
2v8mqhh.jpg
yet? If not, I'm going to give it a strong recommend. I really enjoyed this spy satire. Really, really enjoyed it, and hope there's another season coming.

@Dragonlordxxxxx please watch this if you haven't already. @Anung Un Rama , you too. @Ippy , you never really talk about spy shows, but this is damned good.

Hey, good news.

‘Patriot’ Renewed for Season 2 at Amazon

looks interesting in a good way ; will check it out

I had a weird reaction to it when I first watched it, but in retrospect, I really enjoyed it.

This is going to sound odd but it's the first show I watched on my 4K TV and I was put a bit off balance by being able to count everyone's nose hairs. It was so real it looked fake.

I loved the story and have a HUGE crush on the French cop lady.

I had a weird reaction to it when I first watched it, but in retrospect, I really enjoyed it.

This is going to sound odd but it's the first show I watched on my 4K TV and I was put a bit off balance by being able to count everyone's nose hairs. It was so real it looked fake.

I totally get that. The new TV's have a way of making everything look amazing in an off putting way.

Have I mentioned
2v8mqhh.jpg
yet? If not, I'm going to give it a strong recommend. I really enjoyed this spy satire. Really, really enjoyed it, and hope there's another season coming.

@Dragonlordxxxxx please watch this if you haven't already. @Anung Un Rama , you too. @Ippy , you never really talk about spy shows, but this is damned good.

Hey, good news.

‘Patriot’ Renewed for Season 2 at Amazon

I don't usually go for any show that doesn't have some sort of sci fi, supernatural, or fantasy element, but this doesn't look bad.

Have you watched Outlander? I'm watching that now and its pretty good; I'm digging it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back