Locked TV Show Thread (Hitman TV Series from Hulu; Jordan Peele's Twilight Zone Reboot)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one who didn't know Frank Trigg was in the Inhumans?

2dgnght.png

Working my way through Westworld. It's ok. Highly overrated. Nothing is really compelling about it. I dunno.

After this I'm going to watch Season 3 of Fargo. Season 1 is the best season of television I've ever seen tied with Season 4 of Breaking Bad.

Am I the only one who didn't know Frank Trigg was in the Inhumans?

2dgnght.png
I didn't know. Good eye.

Looking at Frank's IMDb page, he's doing a lot stunt work in TV shows like Hawaii Five-O, NCIS and Lethal Weapon.

Working my way through Westworld. It's ok. Highly overrated. Nothing is really compelling about it. I dunno.

After this I'm going to watch Season 3 of Fargo. Season 1 is the best season of television I've ever seen tied with Season 4 of Breaking Bad.
I was underwhelmed with Westworld. It takes a long while to get to the point.

I love Fargo season one. Malvo's omniscient presence was a bit too much though. Season 3 is entertaining but not as good as the first two.

I was underwhelmed with Westworld.

I was as well, the first time through.

I watched it again with different expectations and really, really enjoyed it.

Before the show came out there was talk about the size of the Westworld universe and how much potential it had. I was skeptical, but I can see it now, and I'm incredibly excited.

Halt and Catch Fire this week.

Wow. Just wow.

I know I've made snide comments about how much this show revolves around the drama when what I've been most interested in is the technology aspect, but it honestly never occurred to me how good the drama actually was. How much I cared about the characters.

Gordon's death hit me really, really hard. I felt it coming from the start of the episode, with his struggles to fix the air conditioning; when he finally fixed it I knew something bad was coming, but didn't know what. A sense of dread slowly built in me and the second the dream sequence started with young Donna, I knew he was dead.

Incredible episode on every level from start to finish, titles to end credits. Who Needs a Guy? They all did.

This one ought to be interesting.

‘Kung Fu’ Female-Led Series Reboot From Greg Berlanti & Wendy Mericle Set At Fox As Put Pilot

[- - -]

Written by
Arrow executive producer and longtime Berlanti collaborator Wendy Mericle, Kung Fu is a sequel to the original series, created by Ed Spielman, which was set in the 1880s and chronicles the adventures of Kwai Chang Caine (Carradine), a Shaolin monk who travels the American Old West armed only with his spiritual training — including a ton of aphorisms — and his skill in martial arts in search of his half-brother.

The new Kung Fu follows the adventures of Lucy Chang, a Buddhist monk and kung fu master who travels through 1950s America armed only with her spiritual training and her martial arts skills as she searches for the man who stole her child years before. When she teams with JT Cullen, a charming Korean War vet with his own secrets, the two form an unlikely alliance that allows Lucy to continue her search while also coming to the aid of people in need. (It is unclear whether Carradine’s character and Lucy Chang are related.)

[- - -]

I only vaguely remember watching some episodes of the original show on reruns when I was younger, but the fact that it's a sequel series and not a straight up reboot is very encouraging.

The person who write the article should get reprimanded for a deliberately misleading title. The article is clear that this show is a sequel to the original, not a reboot.
Berlanti? No thanks.

The action in his shows are meh at best. Not to mention, the sheer amount of PIS involving any and all combat will throw a wrench in this.

If this was being led by the ppl doing Into the Badlands, we'd have a whole other ballgame.

Berlanti? No thanks.

The action in his shows are meh at best. Not to mention, the sheer amount of PIS involving any and all combat will throw a wrench in this.

If this was being led by the ppl doing Into the Badlands, we'd have a whole other ballgame.
Berlanti's fight scenes are most of the time fine by me but they do get more dumber with each seasons of that particular show.

Another thing disconcerting about Berlanti is the typical CW melodrama BS he embodies.

Sweet, Lucifer is back. The Simpsons too. The Simpsons hasn't been great in a long time but it's still a pleasant viewing and it's one of those shows that you're glad is still around.

Gonna try out the new supernatural comedy Ghosted also.

Halt and Catch Fire this week.

Wow. Just wow.

I know I've made snide comments about how much this show revolves around the drama when what I've been most interested in is the technology aspect, but it honestly never occurred to me how good the drama actually was. How much I cared about the characters.

Gordon's death hit me really, really hard. I felt it coming from the start of the episode, with his struggles to fix the air conditioning; when he finally fixed it I knew something bad was coming, but didn't know what. A sense of dread slowly built in me and the second the dream sequence started with young Donna, I knew he was dead.

Incredible episode on every level from start to finish, titles to end credits. Who Needs a Guy? They all did.
Halt and Catch Fire

No, you were absolutely right about the drama, specifically the squabbles. It was becoming tiresome. But episode 7 was just special.

I've always figured they'd kill Gordon in the last season and I was hoping that his condition has improved due to him not recording his daily body check-up. I was expecting Gordon to die this season but I kinda forgot about it for the past few episodes. When they showed him talking to an unresponsive Donna, I knew it was over.

I got teary-eyed watching the aftermath. His death scene was beautiful and poignant Gordon was a great character.

Who Needs a Guy? They all did.
Indeed. Nicely said.

binge watched lethal weapon season 1- pretty good

catching up on ballers and survivors remorse

wanna start shooter season 2 next

Berlanti? No thanks.

maybe different topic but, is it just me or second season of Badlands have fewer fight scene.

the fight scene is still solid though, especially when Sunny fight that former Clipper.

First Critics Reviews for X-Men Spinoff THE GIFTED on Fox

eYDLM9l.jpg

Entertainment Weekly - It stays afloat with quality special effects and surprisingly excellent performances across the large ensemble cast. It’s straightforward comic book fare with familiar beats, but with an earnestness and well-paced storyline that elevates it above the other gritty, supernatural fall TV choices. B+

IGN - Just the right amount of drama and tension make it all come together as a solid, enjoyable show. It may not be as thought-provoking as Legion, but it doesn’t try to be. The Gifted just wants to be an entertaining show in the world of the X-Men, and that it manages to do that without any actual A-list X-Men is a win all by itself. 8/10

Variety - “The Gifted” struggles to find any of the wonder in their gifts. In what seems to be a misguided attempt to look “serious,” “The Gifted” is a gray, humorless hour oriented towards cheap-looking action sequences. It could have withstood a bit of mutation of its own.

New York Times - The “Gifted” pilot is all the things “Inhumans” isn’t: quick, tense, funny, occasionally moving. Exposition is at a minimum and the obligatory speeches about intolerance and conformity are kept short. Mutant abilities — telekinesis, teleportation, fire rays — are straightforward and effectively filmed.

Forbes - The pilot does what a good pilot should, plant seeds that can grow. It can become a show with a rabid fanbase that will eat up whatever crazy twist creator-showrunner Matt Nix wants to throw their way. Based on the premiere, there’s every reason to believe The Gifted can become something big.

USA Today - The Gifted looks and feels different from other superhero series on TV, and Monday's premiere backs up that novelty with smart storytelling and strong characters. One of the best aspects of The Gifted is that creator Matt Nix (Burn Notice) fundamentally understands how to stage a thrilling action sequence, which many comic-book series struggle to do. 3.5/4

Decided to watch once more Breaking Bad... I watched the first 4 episodes some time ago, did not like at that time.

Jon Hamm to Play Archangel Gabriel in Neil Gaiman's GOOD OMENS

Mad Men alum Jon Hamm has joined the cast of Amazon Studios and BBC Two’s Good Omens as the archangel Gabriel, the primary messenger of God.

Based on Neil Gaiman’s (American Gods) and Terry Pratchett’s (Colour of Magic) novel and written by Gaiman, Good Omens takes place in 2018 when the Apocalypse is near and Final Judgment is set to descend upon humanity. The armies of Good and Evil are amassing, Atlantis is rising, and tempers are flaring. Everything appears to be going according to Divine Plan — except a somewhat fussy angel, and a fast-living demon are not looking forward to the coming war, and someone seems to have misplaced the Antichrist.

The character of Gabriel has a fleeting role in the original novel but showrunner Gaiman explains why he is being developed in the screenplay:

“Once we had finished writing Good Omens, back in the dawn of prehistory, Terry Pratchett and I started plotting a sequel. There would have been a lot of angels in the sequel. When Good Omens was first published and was snapped up for the first time by Hollywood, Terry and I took joy in introducing our angels into the plot of a movie that was never made. So when, almost thirty years later, I started writing Good Omens for TV, one thing I knew was that our angels would have to be in there.

The leader of these angels is Gabriel. He is everything that Aziraphale isn’t: he’s tall, good-looking, charismatic and impeccably dressed. We were fortunate that Jon Hamm was available, given that he is already all of these things without even having to act. We were even more fortunate that he’s a fan of the books and a remarkable actor.”

“I read Good Omens almost twenty years ago,” said Hamm. “I thought it was one of the funniest, coolest books I’d ever read. It was also, obviously, unfilmable. Two months ago Neil sent me the scripts, and I knew I had to be in it.”

‘Good Omens’: Jon Hamm To Play Archangel Gabriel In Amazon Series

binge watched lethal weapon season 1- pretty good

catching up on ballers and survivors remorse

wanna start shooter season 2 next
I binged season 3 of Ballers. I know I shouldn't set my expectations high and should just see it as mindless fun but it didn't do anything for me.

Decided to watch once more Breaking Bad... I watched the first 4 episodes some time ago, did not like at that time.

I was completely underwhelmed with the first season but I stuck with it and ended up being a great decision.

maybe different topic but, is it just me or second season of Badlands have fewer fight scene.

the fight scene is still solid though, especially when Sunny fight that former Clipper.
I felt the same. It definitely felt like there was far more talking than action.

Good to have Larry David back on the scene again. He didn't re-invent the wheel by any means, but I think it were more than adequate. Simpsons on the other hand... meh

damn, last episode of Get Shorty was awesome

Very good first episode of The Gifted. When they announced the premise back in January, I initially thought it was not that interesting. But they did a great job, I was totally invested in the family. They also did an excellent job of not dragging it out. Other shows would have waited until episode 2 or 3 before the Sentinel Services came to their houses.

Since giant robots are out of the question due to budgetary reasons, I like their version of Sentinels. The robot spiders were cool and intimidating. The whole sequence of them being chased by those things were well done.

The X-Men animated series theme song Easter Egg was nice. Wished Stan Lee's cameo had more meat than just a passerby with no lines.

The Gifted is off to a great start and I hope the rest of the season is as good as the pilot.

c1KGmek.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back