TUF Season 22 Episode 7 (Discussion) 10pm ET

more like like the Fox guys said "Hey, let's bring in Aldo for extra drama" and Faber, being the sportsman he is was cool with it

Nothing wrong with a little BJJ basics to keep the guys sharp, Jonas.

I hate it when people have that drinking personality

This Nunez guy has been moving like he's wading through molasses and his arms are both dislocated for the past 10 minutes. Cardio is embarrassing. Mark fucking Hunt, otoh, went 25 hard minutes against Bigfoot.

Lmao I was defending Juicy J last episode saying I think he's a pretty good prospect. Now he's making an ass of himself :D

This Nunez guy has been moving like he's wading through molasses and his arms are both dislocated for the past 10 minutes. Cardio is embarrassing. Mark fucking Hunt, otoh, went 25 hard minutes against Bigfoot.

I wonder if he knows any subs

Artem needs to stfu and use that mouth to blow Mcgregor for getting him in the house.

Lmao I was defending Juicy J last episode saying I think he's a pretty good prospect. Now he's making an ass of himself :D

Juicy making more of his win than it was.

The thought crossed my mind. I was like, "When was this filmed?"

Well filming started the Monday/tuesday after 189. Not sure how long it lasted. 4-6 weeks I guess.

What's this grade school shit hit me first?

Man, that kid Erosa is a jerk off.

Man, that kid Erosa is a jerk off.

Yep, if anything I thought he showed anxiousness about moving on in the tournament. The other dude was fighting his fight style, Erosa acting like he KO'd his guy in devastating fashion or we saw a dominanting performance.

The aftershow with what's her name is terrible. Especially when they have a guy on that just shit the bed and put on a bad performance. I get embarrassed for them.

As a guy who knows his wrestling, he has legit wrestling. He turns the corner very well and times his takedown well. He does not just power through his takedowns, he is taking an angle and driving through. Big different between that and powering your way through takedowns. It also helps that is physically imposing no doubt, but his wrestling is great nonetheless. I agree he needs to improve his stand up, specifically his movement.

Fella im glad you wrestle but I've also wrestled since middle school and still do. Rogers type is very common in most gyms, a guy whose physically imposing, strong, and skilled to some degree... they tend to not leave their comfort zones or evolve but rather use strength instead of skill.

He has basic knowledge of wrestling and good instinct but hes far from top level. The high crotch he shot he did nice using misdirection to finish in his first TD against Marcin was nice but other than that he looked uncomfortable using the cradle and pretty much bullied a smaller guy with limited athleticism, size, and horrible ground game.

It was embarrassing watching Marcin have no response for Rogers riding him on the cage with one hook and heavy hips. The RNC defense was even more cringeworthy when Rogers had the chin and Marcin pretty much lifted his head and gave it to him looking for a way out.

Thanh won that round. Svensson didn't do shit, Le managed to get up despite seemingly not understanding what an underhook is lol

Dana pumping up the casuals for 194

Go Murica. Go Erosa.

Teymur got some vicious knees. And his kicks, daaaamn. He is a bit ruthless and doesn't seem to have the best fight IQ - put Nunez in mount on himself 2 times I believe, and went for takedowns but ended up being taken down himself.

Good prospect though, best stand up guy on the show for sure.

Mehdi wishes he had the K1 credentials Teymur has, kinda ironic, that lying piece of shit.

Fella im glad you wrestle but I've also wrestled since middle school and still do.

Glad to hear my man. Keep it up. Wrestling is a great sport. Good luck with your wrestling/fighting. Agree to disagree.

Le finished strong but tough round to score. I think the Swede took the first

Can't believe McGregor didn't show up!

That's a big advantage for Nunez. Dillashaw and Faber in your corner vs who in Teymur's? When Teymur had him controlled and almost finished he needed a coach right there. That's the point of TUF

Man Thanh's ground game o_O

Holy crap, Artem was so annoying on TUF talk. All he did was talk shit and pump his own dick the entire time. Props to Johnny for taking it well, like he did Teymur's punches and kicks.

Hmm. Assessing the time, it looks like we might actually get a finish.

What was Svensson's criticism of the first fight again?

Artemis really douchey. Please make his nickname The Russian Carbomb. Sure, I'd take him over Johnny in a drinking contest but I think Johnny wins the IQ test. I can't wait until he fights another proficient striker and goes in with his hands down. I'd love to see him drink his dinner through a straw.

Herb reffin...
Fix is in then, artem wins by early stoppage :)

I thought Thanh got that round, Swede didn't do much and Thanh dropped him.

Teymur definitely won the fight, but that ref was terrible. He got either 5 or 6 warnings for grabbing the fence but no point ever taken.

And just as I say that........

I predict these things

Svensson making this almost a pure grappling match- throwing little to no GnP

Teymur definitely won the fight, but that ref was terrible. He got either 5 or 6 warnings for grabbing the fence but no point ever taken.

Well the ref should have stopped the fight aswell in both first round where Teymur hit Nunez about 14 times to his head when he turtled up after being rocked (yes I counted during the replays) and in the third where he were landing bombs when Nunez were rocked again, now on the ground.

Well at least he got to smack the ugly smirk Nunez had the whole fight, that annoyed me as fuck.

I vote Artem Lobov change his name to Sockem Lobov.

Welp , guess Artem earned his spot in the house after all.

Svensson making this almost a pure grappling match- throwing little to no GnP

That's why I gave the round to Thanh, dropped him and closed out on top with GNP

Well the ref should have stopped the fight aswell in both first round where Teymur hit Nunez about 14 times to his head when he turtled up after being rocked (yes I counted during the replays) and in the third where he were landing bombs when Nunez were rocked again, now on the ground.

That reminds me of the people who said that Brock's fight against Carwin should have been stopped when he was taking a beating. Guess what, the fight wasn't stopped and Brock ended up winning. Here was pretty much the same thing apart from the finish, Johnny took some punches and ended up getting back on his feet.

Jesus Christ... Le needs major work on his ground game. Good job by Svensson keeping the pressure on the ground but lol at the criticisms he made earlier in the episode

Damn, Thahn. At this point, you've had over a month or so with a camp of great wrestlers, and your ground defense is still bad.

He knows how to defend, sprawl, maintain a good half guard while on top, but as soon as his back touches the mat, it's the Billy Q fight all over again.

Kinda feel bad for Nuñez. IMO he fought the two best guys on the show in Hall and Teymur. If Teymur shores up his TDD he'll be nasty.

Back