TUF 25 Finale - Gaethje vs Johnson - Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope Drakkar is a huge dog. I think he can make this ugly and being the stronger man in the clinch. His striking SHOULD be serviceable enough to get on the inside and tire him out.

I agree with your breakdown but Marc won't tire, they both have great cardio so Marc will stay dangerous on the feet all fight long. Although I completely agree that Klose is going to most likely grapple his way to a 29-28.

I had a feeling a while back after seeing some Instagram posts that Gordon would make the finals and when he wasn't the wild card I thought I was wrong.

Guess there's still hope.

I agree with your breakdown but Marc won't tire, they both have great cardio so Marc will stay dangerous on the feet all fight long. Although I completely agree that Klose is going to most likely grapple his way to a 29-28.

Have you watched The Perez fight? He was definitely tired. He just had more will and cardio than Perez who was coming off retirement.

I think that was also due to that nasty cut and blood in his eyes, I agree with you though and his lack of combos will allow Klose to clinch him up against the fence, I more so meant to say that Marc carries his speed and power even when he's tired and Klose can't take a second off this entire fight.
Have you watched The Perez fight? He was definitely tired. He just had more will and cardio than Perez who was coming off retirement.

I made a 0,5u degenerate bet on Steve Bossé (2.15) at Betsson. He could be the fresher of the two.

I made a 0,5u degenerate bet on Steve Bossé (2.15) at Betsson. He could be the fresher of the two.

Why? He is going to be +200 or more on books that don't mess up openers.

Last edited:
Why? He is going to be +200 or more on books that don't mess up openers
As I said, it's a degenerate bet (=I don't mind if it's profitable or not) and I feel like Bossé is the fresher fighter and when two people are going to hit each other until the other one drops, I like Bossé's chances. (Also, so far I've picked the right side betting openers at Betsson.)

As I said, it's a degenerate bet (=I don't mind if it's profitable or not) and I feel like Bossé is the fresher fighter and when two people are going to hit each other until the other one drops, I like Bossé's chances. (Also, so far I've picked the right side betting openers at Betsson.)

There's no way hes the fresher fighter. He had his head kicked off by Thiago one of the worst ko's ive ever seen. And last time we saw him he had a life and death three round war with O'Connell in a fight i thought he lost and he got knocked out in only woke up cos he smashed his head off the mat. And i guarantee that line you picked is no where near the right side. If you are right tho i'd be delighted.

There's no way hes the fresher fighter. He had his head kicked off by Thiago one of the worst ko's ive ever seen. And last time we saw him he had a life and death three round war with O'Connell in a fight i thought he lost and he got knocked out in only woke up cos he smashed his head off the mat. And i guarantee that line you picked is no where near the right side. If you are right tho i'd be delighted.
Thanks for the guarantee. Degenerate bets are for fun. I don't research those fights beyond superficial stats.

Current Betsafe lines:

Cannonier -155
Bossé +124

Diakiese -333
Klose +250

Theodorou -195
Tavares +155

Gaethje -111
MJ -111

Current Betsafe lines:

Cannonier -155
Bossé +124

Diakiese -333
Klose +250

Theodorou -195
Tavares +155

Gaethje -111
MJ -111

Tavares/Theodorou will be more of a pick 'em, Cannonier will be a bigger favourite when the American bookies release the odds IMO.

Tavares/Theodorou will be more of a pick 'em, Cannonier will be a bigger favourite when the American bookies release the odds IMO.
I had the same thoughts, stabbed both!

Kind of like drakkar at that price but guessing he will become a bigger dog once the murican bookies release lines

Kind of like drakkar at that price but guessing he will become a bigger dog once the murican bookies release lines

Assuming people will be parlaying Diak up after his last performance. I will be waiting to bet Klose until before the fights.

Marc training at ATT should do wonders
For his takedown defence
I like him here early

Marc training at ATT should do wonders
For his takedown defence
I like him here early

Same. I understand the temptation with Klose, but I just see him having a very hard route to victory here. Perez getting the takedown and top position wasn't surprising to me at all. I think Perez is underrated, and he's a strong grappler. Klose obviously has wrestling, but I question if he can keep it there the way Perez was able to. Diakiese's adjustment in Rd 3 against Perez was very impressive to me. It not only shows he has cardio, but he has fight IQ and does what he needs to to win. With Klose's best route to victory here being a decision, that doesn't bode well. I'd be surprised to see Klose take anything but a very close decision, likely a split.

MJ is so fast, his speed against Dustin really impressed me, I think he gets the finish here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeavyChag
Back