TUF 25 Finale - Gaethje vs Johnson - Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I encourage everyone to bet Justin. Please! please bet Justin

Tavares/Elias has the makings of FOTN. I wish they fought on every card!!!
<end sarcasm>
We're getting a bit like boxing atm . 1, maybe 2 fights i'm interested in per card. We can't live-bet in Australia so it's barely worth watching live anymore. Main is obviously a great fight though

this is the fight i'm most interested in. but then again, i'm a profiteer first, fan second.
I hate watching Elias fight. Dude sucks

Like WMMA i won't even watch his fights back to study for a bet

johnson has beaten ferguson, barboza, poirier and arguably dariush. that's better than anyone on gaethje's list by far.

gaethje is a good fighter but he's clearly offence first. johnson will have opportunities to capitalise on.

Any guesses as to where that line opens? I know people try not to say anything prior openers but I couldn't guess on this one. Pick 'em maybe?

Tavares/Elias has the makings of FOTN. I wish they fought on every card!!!
We're getting a bit like boxing atm . 1, maybe 2 fights i'm interested in per card. We can't live-bet in Australia so it's barely worth watching live anymore. Main is obviously a great fight though

you can live bet on betfair exchange from oz, and i think someone said crownbet also? not sure on the alst one.

can't get the diaz fight out of my head when I watch MJ fight, think a finish either way is possible, gaethje needs to be smarter defensively but I don't think it'll happen for a couple fights.

can't get the diaz fight out of my head when I watch MJ fight, think a finish either way is possible, gaethje needs to be smarter defensively but I don't think it'll happen for a couple fights.

People over exaggerate that loss like it was 30-25 Nate diaz. Nate was getting lit up quite a bit especially in the 1st. Nate has excellent cardio, proven chin, and Mj couldn't keep up. Just a whole different match-up than JG. No one has really made MJ look bad on the feet. He's still training with Hooft too and "Glory-level" kick boxers
Justin, on paper, doesnt have the best cardio because of his style and has looked tired in fights. His leg kicks will be somewhat neutralized because MJ is a southpaw. He wings shots a lot compared to diaz and Mj throws that left straight so fast.

With that said I'll be on Justin. I honestly think MJ troubles him in the feet and he goes NCAA on MJ who is a turtle on his back.

People over exaggerate that loss like it was 30-25 Nate diaz. Nate was getting lit up quite a bit especially in the 1st. Nate has excellent cardio, proven chin, and Mj couldn't keep up. Just a whole different match-up than JG. No one has really made MJ look bad on the feet. He's still training with Hooft too and "Glory-level" kick boxers
Justin, on paper, doesnt have the best cardio because of his style and has looked tired in fights. His leg kicks will be somewhat neutralized because MJ is a southpaw. He wings shots a lot compared to diaz and Mj throws that left straight so fast.

With that said I'll be on Justin. I honestly think MJ troubles him in the feet and he goes NCAA on MJ who is a turtle on his back.

exactly my point, MJ had a good start to that fight, a huge speed advantage, likely a decent wrestling advantage, good cardio of his own, and still got outstruck by the much slower guy, if gaethje lands as much as diaz did there could be trouble. but I think he has likely improved his stand up since then. ring rust is a possible factor and you have to wonder how he will look after the khabib drubbing.. he took a lot of damage there. mentally johnson worries me slightly but I'm not unwilling to bet him vs gaethje if the odds are right, I think we may get decent odds on MJ when they open, hard to predict the odds though.

I'd be shocked if Gaethje looks to wrestle in his debut. But, I could definitely see him taking over in the later rounds if his chin holds up and getting a finish.

Depending on the lines, play for me may be to bet MJ and then live bet Gaethje. Or maybe just live bet the fight

Does anyone know if this is sold out or what? I'm thinking about flying out for the weekend but can't find any tickets on ticketmaster for this one.

I'd be shocked if Gaethje looks to wrestle in his debut. But, I could definitely see him taking over in the later rounds if his chin holds up and getting a finish.

Depending on the lines, play for me may be to bet MJ and then live bet Gaethje. Or maybe just live bet the fight

no way that's his principle gameplan. no way.

Have a decent amount of leans for this card, but don't expect lines to be too great for them.

But man, possible barrage of boring decisions with 3 WMMA fights that aren't exciting on paper, and the Theodorou/Tavares fight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back