TUF 25 Finale - Gaethje vs Johnson - Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the first time ever I have leans on every single fight, pending the TUF final contestants, if it's who I think it will be then it'll be one of my strongest leans. Sadly I won't be able to watch this live

If anyone needs some tape watching and can't be bothered to do it themselves, I will do it for you and give you my thoughts.

watching recent gray maynard fights. this guy looks just as shot as penn and gomi.

watching recent gray maynard fights. this guy looks just as shot as penn and gomi.

He honestly has everything going wrong for him at this point. His chin is very suspect, he's lost athleticism, and he has absolutely no confidence anymore. I really have no clue how he is still in the UFC. He's 2-6 in his last 8 fights, and one of those wins was a pretty poor fight against Guida.

He honestly has everything going wrong for him at this point. His chin is very suspect, he's lost athleticism, and he has absolutely no confidence anymore. I really have no clue how he is still in the UFC. He's 2-6 in his last 8 fights, and one of those wins was a pretty poor fight against Guida.

bruno was beating him in the standup with some of the worst striking i've ever seen - blitzes of wild hooks resembling slaps. man that was a comically bad fight.

maynard is at that stage where his reaction times are shot and he can't get out of the way of strikes anymore, which is really the end of the road as a fighter.

So they may add two fights only?

Finale and semi final losers maybe?

So they may add two fights only?

Finale and semi final losers maybe?

Probably yeah, likely because its a redemption season and most of those people already fought in the UFC.

Have a decent amount of leans for this card, but don't expect lines to be too great for them.

But man, possible barrage of boring decisions with 3 WMMA fights that aren't exciting on paper, and the Theodorou/Tavares fight

Diakese will be a highlight reel.

Your thoughts on Cannonier v Bosse plz?

Both guys will get the fight they want, Cannonier's porous TDD won't be an issue here. Overall, I have to favour Cannonier here; younger, more active and better chin IMO. Bosse does love to throw his right hand and Cannonier has a tendency of getting clipped by it though.

Both guys will get the fight they want, Cannonier's porous TDD won't be an issue here. Overall, I have to favour Cannonier here; younger, more active and better chin IMO. Bosse does love to throw his right hand and Cannonier has a tendency of getting clipped by it though.

It wouldn't entirely shock me if Bosse looked for a TD. Had OC on the ground a little bit and Cannonier is much harder to hit. But yeah all signs point to a brawl.

Not sure about the chin part though. Both have been knocked out, but we saw Bosse eat bombs against OC, while Cannonier hasn't been hit clean outside of Shawn Jordan who put him out.

I'm on Cannonier unless the lines are crazy, but Bosse may be the quickest and most explosive guy he's faced which could be worth noting. But I definitely favor Cannonier

It wouldn't entirely shock me if Bosse looked for a TD. Had OC on the ground a little bit and Cannonier is much harder to hit. But yeah all signs point to a brawl.

Not sure about the chin part though. Both have been knocked out, but we saw Bosse eat bombs against OC, while Cannonier hasn't been hit clean outside of Shawn Jordan who put him out.

I'm on Cannonier unless the lines are crazy, but Bosse may be the quickest and most explosive guy he's faced which could be worth noting. But I definitely favor Cannonier

Cannonier took some huge shots against Cutelaba and didn't even seem phased. I think his chin is very good, Jordan just clipped him behind the ear if I remember correctly. That said, Bosse's chin is probably just as good, but I suppose it's possible the war with O'Connell could have affected it.

I do favor Cannonier as well though.

Anybody know how likely it will be I can grab a ticket on the day for this show?

other than "because WMMA," does anybody see any reason not to be fairly confident in both Hill and Torres?

Cannonier took some huge shots against Cutelaba and didn't even seem phased. I think his chin is very good, Jordan just clipped him behind the ear if I remember correctly. That said, Bosse's chin is probably just as good, but I suppose it's possible the war with O'Connell could have affected it.

I do favor Cannonier as well though.

Cutelaba threw every punch with death behind it, but I don't remember him really landing clean on Cannonier's chin. I know Cutelaba ate a ton of clean shots like it was no big deal, and I actually think he has the best chin in the UFC today but that's irrelevant.

I'll have to watch it again. I've watched it like 6 times, since I'm big on low tier LHW and Cutelaba/Cannonier especially, but none too recently. Either way though, Cannonier should definitely be a decent sized favorite

Cutelaba threw every punch with death behind it, but I don't remember him really landing clean on Cannonier's chin. I know Cutelaba ate a ton of clean shots like it was no big deal, and I actually think he has the best chin in the UFC today but that's irrelevant.

I'll have to watch it again. I've watched it like 6 times, since I'm big on low tier LHW and Cutelaba/Cannonier especially, but none too recently. Either way though, Cannonier should definitely be a decent sized favorite

You may be right, it's been awhile since I've watched it too. I definitely remember Cannon walking forward in the 3rd with his hands down and letting Cutelaba land on him. But, Cutelaba was pretty gassed at that point.

Waiting for odds at Theodoru, Dolloway, Torres, Hill, Canonier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back