TUF 20: Episode 12 Tonight at 10pm ET/7pm PT on FOX Sports 1 DISCUSSION

Tecia can, her struggles against wrestlers on the show don't change that.

Problem is, Tecia is going to have to run the gauntlet to get a shot at the title, and the gauntlet is likely to have a few wrestlers/grapplers in it. Honestly, I hope she doesn't get another shot. I'm tired of watching her pitter-pat her way to decision after decision. She's the biggest point fighter in WMMA. I've seen all of her Invicta and TUF fights, and I can't recall even one time where she really went for it and tried to finish a fight.

Problem is, Tecia is going to have to run the gauntlet to get a shot at the title, and the gauntlet is likely to have a few wrestlers/grapplers in it. Honestly, I hope she doesn't get another shot. I'm tired of watching her pitter-pat her way to decision after decision. She's the biggest point fighter in WMMA. I've seen all of her Invicta and TUF fights, and I can't recall even one time where she really went for it and tried to finish a fight.

Well, she may not get another shot at the title, but if Rose loses it or doesn't win it in the first place they could meet again.

Also, Tecia was one of the popular hyped strikers of the division so maybe UFC will feed her some favorable matchups to try and restore that.

Maybe she is, but since people shitted on BW for being 'weak' when there were more solid excuses for Ronda's dominance than Rose's the WBW white knight in me is smiling a bit.

I mean it's not like WBW sucks or whatever. But WSW has better fighters overall.

Gadelha, Aguilar, Esparza can be/are great dominant champions and probably will be the trinity.

When Rose shuffled her feet, and Randa exploded after her, that was my favorite moment of the season. You can tell Rose wasn't expecting that. Her face was like "oh sh!t".

I don't think Rose was worried. Randa's aggression in that sequence might have impressed Dana, but the slow mo replay showed that she didn't land anything of consequence. Randa ran forward throwing sloppy arm punches and Rose calmly used footwork and head movement to avoid 'em all. I was WAY more impressed with Rose's skill and composure in that sequence than I was with Randa's wild but ineffective aggression.

I don't think Rose was worried. Randa's aggression in that sequence might have impressed Dana, but the slow mo replay showed that she didn't land anything of consequence. Randa ran forward throwing sloppy arm punches and Rose calmly used footwork and head movement to avoid 'em all. I was WAY more impressed with Rose's skill and composure in that sequence than I was with Randa's wild but ineffective aggression.

Yeah, Randa landed I think 1 overhand in that blitz. That moment was pretty cool though, Randa gave no fucks lol.

Rose's constant attacks off her back and aggression once it hits the mat is something that will be very hard for fighters to deal with. I think Randa could have done better if she got the takedown and slowed the fight down a bit instead of the other way around. Once Rose got the takedown it was just scramble after scramble, and I think it was difficult for Randa to take control since it started off by her trying to get back up.

It was a good fight. Clearly Rose is very dangerous on the ground. She seems to go for a submission almost immediately when she hits the mat.

Btw is this what people were talking about in regards to Randa lashing out?

I don't even think it was that bad. Rose is the one who brought up the question. Randa could maybe have handled it better but she told her what Rose wanted to know so I don't see how Randa was being very rude. She didn't really interrupt anyone much. Her previous TUF talk with Carla though she was on fire.

It was a good fight. Clearly Rose is very dangerous on the ground. She seems to go for a submission almost immediately when she hits the mat.

She's very active and aggressive. If you don't control her immediately then she will dictate what goes on in the ground. Very fun to watch that type of grappling. Pettis does that very well too.

I want Rose to win more because if she becomes champ I can see the UFC wanting to set up a rematch with Torres so she can try and avenge her only loss.

I want Rose to win more because if she becomes champ I can see the UFC wanting to set up a rematch with Torres so she can try and avenge her only loss.

If Magana beats Torres I might cry

Rose in all her craziness having enough brain to realize that no one is getting knocked out when little girls fight, so she uses everyone's sheer bjj incompetence and submitting everyone with ease. Good job.

Rose in all her craziness having enough brain to realize that no one is getting knocked out when little girls fight, so she uses everyone's sheer bjj incompetence and submitting everyone with ease. Good job.

If she faces someone like Kish or Joanna J though she can't play that ruthless aggression game so indiscriminately.

I'm rooting for Magana, if for no other reason than to witness the meltdown of all the Sherdoggers who hate her so much.

HowCanYouBeSoEvil.gif

I'm rooting for Magana, if for no other reason than to witness the meltdown of all the Sherdoggers who hate her so much.

Lol. I don't really hate Magana. I thought she came off horribly when she called in to the MMAHour and also think overall she was pretty annoying on the show. I think good trolling is pretty funny though so I'm not butthurt about it (although her trolling is annoying most of the time). But Tecia was one of the contestants I was strongly rooting for so I'd hate to see her lose

If she faces someone like Kish or Joanna J though she can't play that ruthless aggression game so indiscriminately.
Especially when you consider that JJ will likely do exactly what Jo Jo should have done and that's keep the fight standing at all costs. Even though Jo Jo was getting out struck in the 1st round by Rose, it was still in her best interest to keep the fight standing as much as possible as apposed to staying in Rose's guard.

Except there are plenty of girls who have been knocked out at 115.

Back