TUF 20: Episode 12 Tonight at 10pm ET/7pm PT on FOX Sports 1 DISCUSSION

Carla looked very good against Penne. She has handled the pressure of being no.1 like a pro and wouldn't be surprised if she beats Rose. Having said that I want Rose to win so badly

I don't think Rose was worried. Randa's aggression in that sequence might have impressed Dana, but the slow mo replay showed that she didn't land anything of consequence. Randa ran forward throwing sloppy arm punches and Rose calmly used footwork and head movement to avoid 'em all. I was WAY more impressed with Rose's skill and composure in that sequence than I was with Randa's wild but ineffective aggression.

Well I think her goal was to close the distance and get the clinch. Which she did.

Penne won from what I saw. I also thought that the Tornado beat Esparza. She keeps getting the better end of bad decisions. I hope she gets wrecked at the finale.

Penne won from what I saw. I also thought that the Tornado beat Esparza. She keeps getting the better end of bad decisions. I hope she gets wrecked at the finale.

Okay Cecil Peoples, we get it. You judge the opposite of people with clear eyesight.

Okay Cecil Peoples, we get it. You judge the opposite of people with clear eyesight.

Haha, no. Calm down. They were close fights, but I thought she should have lost both decisions. Especially against Penne. The only thing she really did against Penne was land takedowns that Penne was clearly handing to her. Penne has great BJJ so she had no reason not to just pull guard every time Esparza shot. If the judges knew enough to see that, Esparza wouldn't have won.

Haha, no. Calm down. They were close fights, but I thought she should have lost both decisions. Especially against Penne. The only thing she really did against Penne was land takedowns that Penne was clearly handing to her. Penne has great BJJ so she had no reason not to just pull guard every time Esparza shot. If the judges knew enough to see that, Esparza wouldn't have won.

Are you trolling ? Or are you just dumb?

I wanted Esparza to lose as much as the next person but she clearly won both fights IMO.

I don't think Rose was worried. Randa's aggression in that sequence might have impressed Dana, but the slow mo replay showed that she didn't land anything of consequence. Randa ran forward throwing sloppy arm punches and Rose calmly used footwork and head movement to avoid 'em all. I was WAY more impressed with Rose's skill and composure in that sequence than I was with Randa's wild but ineffective aggression.

You completely missed the point of why it was so great. Rose tried showing off, and Randa exploded. I didn't say Rose was worried. I would say she looked surprised. I know Randa didn't land anything hard, but that didn't really matter. She was making a statement that Rose couldn't get in her head. For the short time that fight lasted, I thought it was easily the most exciting fight of the season.

You completely missed the point of why it was so great. Rose tried showing off, and Randa exploded. I didn't say Rose was worried. I would say she looked surprised. I know Randa didn't land anything hard, but that didn't really matter. She was making a statement that Rose couldn't get in her head. For the short time that fight lasted, I thought it was easily the most exciting fight of the season.

her running forward like that kind of shows rose was in her head.

The only thing she did was land takedowns? God some people are clueless.

her running forward like that kind of shows rose was in her head.

How's that? She was letting Rose know this wasn't a shuffle your feet and show off kind of fight. Not like Rose landed any counter strikes or anything when Randa came forward.

Things necessary for me to have an awesome lead in to Christmas:

Tecia beating Magana in a shutout
JoJo beating Hamderlei dominantly in an exciting fight
HJC beating Bec
Randa and Penne having a FOTN type back and forth with Randa narrowly decisioning her and both looking good.
Joanna Jedzrdzajdjd beating Gadelha
RDA/Nate having a FOTN type bout
Machida winning big against Dolloway

Not all those things have to happen but let's say 4/5 of them...

Nekro Bump but I remembered this post and thought many would be crazay but:

ufcfan4, you've got an awesome lead to christmas lol

Now it's RDA/Nate.

How's that? She was letting Rose know this wasn't a shuffle your feet and show off kind of fight. Not like Rose landed any counter strikes or anything when Randa came forward.

Rewatched this fight with my wife since she was working in the ER and missed it live. She pointed out how good the footwork was by both girls and I hadn't noticed it the first time. They were both dancing in and out of range and maintaining distance well. Was refreshing compared to how some fighters just walk into their opponents range and start swinging. Then on FOX they highlighted Joanna's footwork and how she was able to get a flash knockdown against Claudia from her movement. It was a nice demonstration of the talent in the SW division.

Rewatched this fight with my wife since she was working in the ER and missed it live. She pointed out how good the footwork was by both girls and I hadn't noticed it the first time. They were both dancing in and out of range and maintaining distance well. Was refreshing compared to how some fighters just walk into their opponents range and start swinging. Then on FOX they highlighted Joanna's footwork and how she was able to get a flash knockdown against Claudia from her movement. It was a nice demonstration of the talent in the SW division.

What does your wife think of Calderwood's footwork? To my unskilled eye Calderwood seems to be one of those just plod forward types. But I could be wrong.

What does your wife think of Calderwood's footwork? To my unskilled eye Calderwood seems to be one of those just plod forward types. But I could be wrong.

She's a muay thai fighter. Joanne always stalks the opponent cutting the cage, she maintaned distance pretty well, Seo Hee Ham was landing only left hooks, straights. Maybe Seo Hee Ham being southpaw gave Jojo some problems.

This is not the best Jojo has looked regarding footwork though, she lacked headmovement here.

Maybe I have to rewatch the fight but it was a clear 30-27 for Jojo, apart from some

Back